Wiring For 92 Cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Alright here is the deal, I have my sol but the major problem with it is that it was expensive and only 2 seats. Up sides are that it is sweet looking and a targa. Anyways I want a fast car and I found this 92 CX that looks like it has a good body (only seen pics so far) and it is pretty cheap (1300) 92 cx on autotrader.

For the swap itself, i am stuck between a gsr and a Type R. If i get the gsr, i will probally put type R stuff in it anyways so why not get the type R. Major problem is type R is obd 2. 92's are kinda prewired for vtec but the only thing is what else will I have to do to get the type R in there? Is it just a simple obd1-obd2 adapter or is it more invold then that?

i think if your gonna blow over 4g's on a itr motor i'd rather just put in a obd2 harness instead of changing your dizzy and shit like that to obd1 and jumping your itr ecu.

get a JDM ITR engine... the harnessWILL plug in to the tower location on the USDM harness... run it with a chipped P28 and you dont need a knock sensor or anything else everything will work...

so all i have to do is finish the wireing for vtec and then just have a chipped ecu. I thought that there would be more to the wiring? Then i would not need a obd1-obd2 harness converter (adaotor what ever you call it)

if its a 92 civic its already wired for VTEC just get an OBD-1 ECU (P28 is a good choice cuz it dosent look for knock sensors and other bullshit) and plug that bitch in...... done.... end of wiring.... go get a beer

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 4 2003, 11:25 PM
get a JDM ITR engine... the harnessWILL plug in to the tower location on the USDM harness... run it with a chipped P28 and you dont need a knock sensor or anything else everything will work...

I thought the JDM harnesses were backwards?

it actually reaches even though its on the other side....
i forgot... if your using a USDM ECU you will also need to get a USDM VTEC solenoid from any B series VTEC motor (JDM B series motors have the vtec oil pressure tapped off)

Back