wiring help for a b18c1 into a 91 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniezek66

Yes i am doing a b18c1 swap into my 91 civic hatchback si. Everything is going smoothly and i have all the necassary motor mounts shift linkage ect. I'm just having a few concerns on what i need to wire up. I have already switched the two wire injector harness two four, but i just need to know what else i have to wire up and what wires i will need to cut/splice into at the ECU. Let me know if anyone can help me out.

kurtis

Convert it to OBD-1 you will be glad you did later. I am still fighting the gremlins of the wireing nightmare from converting the engine to OBD-0.

vtecfrog.com sells a conversion harness and subharness to do the conversion for $140.00.

Originally posted by crxgsr@Apr 3 2004, 04:44 PM
Convert it to OBD-1 you will be glad you did later. I am still fighting the gremlins of the wireing nightmare from converting the engine to OBD-0.

vtecfrog.com sells a conversion harness and subharness to do the conversion for $140.00.

:withstupid: . all you need is a conversion harness, you already have the distributor that came with the swap and you use the gsr ecu. and you're going to need to run wires for vtec and wires for the secondary butterflys if you're still using the stock gsr manifold.

distributor that came with the swap and you use the gsr ecu. and you're going to need to run wires for vtec and wires for the secondary butterflys if you're still using the stock gsr manifold.

The vtecfrog.com harness comes with a subharness that includes all the wires you need to add including vtec the only wires you need to add are the 2 wires to activate the secondaries. And I almost forgot you need a gsr 4-wire oxygen sensor.

ok so wait let me see if i understand this. This harness from vtecfrog.com is it just an adaptor that hooks into my obd0 harness and then plugs into my obd1 ecu or is it the whole harness that runs in the engine compartment?? And when you say secondaries and butterfly valves what exactley is that i didn't really follow that. The harness i have know is already been wired up by the previous owner from the dual point fuel injection to the four wire injectors. Also the distributor is harnesses have been converted over also. Basically all i have left to do is the vtec system which is whatever goes along with that and i still have a single wire o2 sensor. Will i need to change that also. Just fill me in alittle better cause i'm not following. Thanks

kurtis

im trying to do the same thing though i have a 98 teg b18b1 going into a 90 crx si
still lost on how to wire this thing in :huh: chris

ok so wait let me see if i understand this. This harness from vtecfrog.com is it just an adaptor that hooks into my obd0 harness and then plugs into my obd1 ecu or is it the whole harness that runs in the engine compartment??

Both the ecu conversion and a sub-harness that goes into the engine bay.

And when you say secondaries and butterfly valves what exactley is that i didn't really follow that

The stock gsr intake manifold has two runners it switches between the two at a certain rpm with butterflies.

The harness i have know is already been wired up by the previous owner from the dual point fuel injection to the four wire injectors. Also the distributor is harnesses have been converted over also.

Sounds like they could not figure it out either. If I were you I would call Hasport or vtecfrog or someone and ask for help.

Also the distributor is harnesses have been converted over also. Basically all i have left to do is the vtec system which is whatever goes along with that and i still have a single wire o2 sensor. Will i need to change that also. Just fill me in alittle better cause i'm not following. Thanks

This has me a little worried. Which ecu were they trying to use? If they were trying to convert to OBD-1 on their own you are going to need to call someone. If they were converting the engine to OBD-0 just hook the vtec and secondaries to a rpm switch.

yes they were converting to obd0 becuase they had pr4 ecu hooked up and had a switch hooked up to operate the vtec. I emailedvtecfrog today and told him what i need so i'm going to get that ordered up asap so i can get this thing rolling thanks alot for the advice. I honestly think i'm making this out harder then it is but with this kit it should make things alot easier.

Back