Would you move overseas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Would any of you guys ever move to another country (not canada or mexico :p)?? I have dual citizenship in USA and Ireland. I have some family out there but i've only met one household when i was 13. I loved it there, there is really no other place like it on the planet. I'd totally fit in too, pale, red hair, freckles, but no accent. If i were to go there it would probably be to Dublin or Belfast to start then later go to a smaller country town.

The places im looking to move are Denver, Boston and Ireland. Im intimidated by the thought of moving to another country because of well, its a TOTALLY different world there. I wont know a soul (pretty much, unless i try to find some family members), not sure what sort of job i could get (although they have colleges and could do financial aid work...), and i wont have a clue about where anything is or how to get around.

SO yeah, would any of you move to Ireland or overseas in general?

join the military, be forced to move.

If the money was right and I didn't have a reason to stay here, I would move in a heart beat. If you don't have kids or a wife, I say give it a shot for a couple years.

I lived in Japan for 7.5 years,...and I didn't fit in. Only people I knew were the chicks I banged.

no military for me :p No wife, no kids, no nothin :D Im trying to figure out what the average cost of living in the city areas and what the avg income is... stupid work getting in the way of my leisure time!!

id move to another country in a heartbeat.......if i didnt have commitments already

either singapore, japan or america (ive got friends there)

I wish I could move to a foreign country. I think it would be a great life story to tell. :) I say, if you can, why not? :)

or say hello to the civic type r... Id see what i could do to bring my bike there, then from there the civic type r or the clio sport :p

I've been thinking a lot about moving to Dubai when I graduate.

Beautiful country, hot as hell, great engineering opportunities. A few of my American engineer friends love it there. Plus they make 150K+ a year, get two paid-for vacations a year, and they even buy you plane tickets for trips back to the US twice a year to visit your family.

I just need to get out of the USA. Don't get me wrong, I love it here and I'm proud to be an American, but I just need to experience something else and witness a different culture and view of the world.

Edit: All in all, I say go for it.

x2 with B, except add Japan or Australia to that list.

Move to South Boston. You'll be surrounded by the Irish.

But seriously, do it. I've been told it's something everyone has to experience. I want to live in some other country for a few years of my life. Maybe after college.

I would move to Dubai and hang out there for a few years. I think at some point the frenzied building and development will die off but it is a pretty cool looking place to set your bags down I have a slide show that I should post up here that I show in my Heavy construction unit in my 9th grade class.

Hold on:

it is a zipped power point - I hope it works because it is crazy what they are doing there.

Attachments

• Dubai_AnotherWorld.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 110
x2 with B, except add Japan or Australia to that list.

fuck austrailia (jk shogun) japan is about the only other place i would want to live, but thats just me. if you think you would enjoy ireland that much do it. you can always come back.

i don't think you'd want to live in japan.

unless you're uber rich, you won't have a car.
unless your rich, you won't have a place to park it.

Back