yet another geek test :D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Too long to read the whole thing..... but does it make me a geek that I'm actually interested/want to know some of that stuff?

Behold, The Vectrex!

Huge Picture

vectrex4.jpg

-> Steve

Edit: I definately think that site is geared more towards people 26+. I mean, When it said "Have you built your own computer" I answered yes because one of my first PCs was an 8086 Heath/Zenith kit that came with an etched board, a bag of parts a cross referrence and I had to solder bits to the board. Took me a week to build, and cost about as much as a car.

When it said "Built a Network" again, I paired serial cables on a rack of 27 toshiba 486 laptops and wrote the PERL to plug equations into and let them fry trying to figure them out. Then UNIX came into play and SETI sent me one of their first scripts to try on my 27 processor distributed process. I called it "The Matrix" 2 years before the Matrix came out.

No, it was the exact same one, there was another with some different, shit, but this one has been posted.

17.357% - Geek

Oh here ya go... Tell us if you have a Temp directory in your root that you've created :)

You know how many I.T. "pros" I've talked to that don't know what the carriage return is ? Or how many people ask about the "BELL" above my G key (I use a PS1 clicker)

-> Steve

haha you know what's pathetic? In 82 Yale offered a 14 week course on how to master the rubix cube.

<----watching the 80s strike back on VH1. :lol:

geek points just went up +1.34 :doh:

Temp dir in root? Always.

Wow that's a Vectrex? Cooool. :lol:

9.86193% - Geekish Tendencies

If you liked star trek and those kind of movie + you were into computers, You just might rank as geeky as Calesta

is there a fine line between geeks and nerds............???

I thought nerds were smart, and geeks are just nerd wannabe's?

or are they the same thing.....

my feelings are..the ones who like Starwars and othe scifi stuff were geeks and the nerds had the brains to build shit....

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 11 2003, 09:25 AM
is there a fine line between geeks and nerds............???

I thought nerds were smart, and geeks are just nerd wannabe's?

or are they the same thing.....

my feelings are..the ones who like Starwars and othe scifi stuff were geeks and the nerds had the brains to build shit....

'Nerd' is kinda like our 'N' word...

It's ok when your fellow people call you one, but it's a huge insult when someone else does. :)

Back