ZC w/ 1.5 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liqmysak

ok i have a 1990 CRX that i bought with a ZC swap but all the information that i'm finding about the ZC says its a 1.6 ....well what's getting me is that my motor has a 1.5 head on it cuz the plugs are on the top...so i'm curious now if ZC makes a 1.5? or if its just a 1.5 head on the 1.6 block...an if it is that, what would be the purpose of that? is it better compression or sumthing? i can't find any information about this anywhere so hopefully sumone here can help me out...thanx

ps- 1.5 head on 1.6 block......ugh i don't get it but the car moves...

there are zc's that are 1.5...its the equivalent to the d16a6 with a lil more hp...there is also a 1.5 zc with vtec as well..now...this is what you cannot do...use a DOHC bottom end and an sohc head with out modification...and vise versa....thezcr.com ownes all

Originally posted by cheese9988@May 25 2005, 03:01 PM
What zc you talking about, the dohc?
[post=503455]Quoted post[/post]​

its sohc 1.5 head... the block says ZC..so i figured it was a 1.6...sorry imma honda beginner

so they make a 1.5 vtec? if it was a vtec would it say it on the valve cover? or what would defanitely tell me that it is? when i rev it up past 4 it kinda sounds like it could be...but its also got that destinctive crx sound too so i'm not fur sure

theres pix at http://ridinlo.cjb.net of my rex if it'll help you out at all...an thanx fur ur help to...i appritiate it :-D

Originally posted by liqmysak@May 26 2005, 04:47 AM
so they make a 1.5 vtec? if it was a vtec would it say it on the valve cover? or what would defanitely tell me that it is?
[post=503719]Quoted post[/post]​

It is not :)

Originally posted by jdmlovingcrx+May 26 2005, 02:17 PM-->
@May 25 2005, 11:18 PM
all zc's are 1.6
Thinking about getting a wrx
[post=503738]Quoted post[/post]​

yea and all those say dohc my friend...

if what you went by was only what the valve cover said you would be in real trouble.

http://www.zcquick.info

i have a zc check this site out...it has dos donts and maybes

www.thezcr.com ownes you
[post=503833]Quoted post[/post]​

ZC Info

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i have a 1990 CRX that i bought with a ZC swap but all the information that i'm finding about the ZC says its a 1.6 ....well what's getting me is that my motor has a 1.5 head on it cuz the plugs are on the top...so i'm curious now if ZC makes a 1.5? or if its just a 1.5 head on the 1.6 block...an if it is that, what would be the purpose of that? is it better compression or sumthing? i can't find any information about this anywhere so hopefully sumone here can help me out...thanx

ps- 1.5 head on 1.6 block......ugh i don't get it but the car moves...

i have a 1990 crx with the same swap it is hard to cross reference the parts but most si sohc parts work fine its been running for over 3 years with no problems just dont blow the dissy $400 to replace if you can find it
i dont have any real pics but you can see alittle at www.geocities.com/jdmmazz
good luck hit me if you have any questions

Back