'05 STI Vs 98 Supra TT 6sp

'05 STI VS '98 SUPRA TT 6sp

• 1998 Toyota SUPRA TwinTurbo 6Sp

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There are a great list of cars I recommend:

the NX2000. SR20DE, and the 5th gear pop-out has been cured in the aftermarket (Wasn't when I owned it). Tiny back seats, but they are there. Nice t-tops, sexy perfectly balanced car.

RX7s may be 1 ping from death, but you CAN'T ping an RX7. Maybe if you ran it on piss in the desert at maximum RPM - But you can't fuck them up ! It's 3 moving parts ! Fuck valves, cams, and parasit engine systems !

2nd gen Supras. Perfect cars.

Oh..... oooo wait .... wait just a second.... You're in the NE right ? I have just decided to sell my Celica ! 1987 GT-S 5 speed ! It's got two minor dents. IM me if you're interested. Literally, my friend backed out of it 15 minutes ago. He wants a 4WD. Mine is red with grey interior, hatchback with the wing.

anyway.. the Z is nice but the gears are short. It screams along at 3500 rpm. Which, for a non-honda motor gets really annoying.

primary car, the supra will not be, lol I've got a commuter/beater crx hf thats in its final stages, the lsd rebuild took longer then I thought, and Im still looking to pick up a HKS Bov because I've decided not to use my turbo xs anymore. and the pics of the MKIV will be up as soon as I pick that bad boy up

im half interested in buying an RX7 again...i like the turbo IIs...i dunno what it is.

Quoted post[/post]]
There are a great list of cars I recommend:

the NX2000. SR20DE, and the 5th gear pop-out has been cured in the aftermarket (Wasn't when I owned it). Tiny back seats, but they are there. Nice t-tops, sexy perfectly balanced car.

RX7s may be 1 ping from death, but you CAN'T ping an RX7. Maybe if you ran it on piss in the desert at maximum RPM - But you can't fuck them up ! It's 3 moving parts ! Fuck valves, cams, and parasit engine systems !

2nd gen Supras. Perfect cars.

Oh..... oooo wait .... wait just a second.... You're in the NE right ? I have just decided to sell my Celica ! 1987 GT-S 5 speed ! It's got two minor dents. IM me if you're interested. Literally, my friend backed out of it 15 minutes ago. He wants a 4WD. Mine is red with grey interior, hatchback with the wing.

anyway.. the Z is nice but the gears are short. It screams along at 3500 rpm. Which, for a non-honda motor gets really annoying.

Thanks for the heads up. I'd take you up on your offer - but I'm gonna wait till this summer to actually do the whole buying thing. Shame too, since I've since found an absolutely mint 200SX SER in Providence.

If it were this summer, I'd definately rather give a sale to a HS member, but - my Civic is gonna have to get me through one more winter. Lets hope some yuppie in her Tahoe rear ends me, and i get the ensuing injury claim. Hello 06 WRX!

Quoted post[/post]]
WRX - Maybe just the tranny....
Fixed it for you. :)

The engine will sometimes have problems with cylinder #4 (I believe), but it's due to lack of proper tuning, most notably on Cobb AccessPorts. My Vishnu tune has caused me zero problems.

Get it!! :mrgreen: But, due to personal preference, I'd say stay the hell away from the fugly-ass '06's.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The engine will sometimes have problems with cylinder #4 (I believe), but it's due to lack of proper tuning, most notably on Cobb AccessPorts. My Vishnu tune has caused me zero problems.

Get it!! :mrgreen: But, due to personal preference, I'd say stay the hell away from the fugly-ass '06's.

The Subaru and the VW boxer 4 cylinders have a starved #3 cylinder. I wonder if it's an inherent design flaw.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The Subaru and the VW boxer 4 cylinders have a starved #3 cylinder. I wonder if it's an inherent design flaw.
Ahhh, #3. I couldn't remember. I'm really not sure, I'm not not familiar with a boxer engine's inner workings.

Changing the plugs in the WRX involves bending the rules of time and space, to makeyou and your tools 2 dimensional. That, or the only way I can see doing it is to drop the motor a few inches and pray that there is an access panel somewhere.

Heh, changed the motormounts on a friends 05', and decided while we had the suspension kinda 1/2 off (in order to get to the engine mounts on the subframe) to change the plugs. Wrong.

Even with the engine jacked a few inches up, and the front crossmember partially off, we couldnt get anything short of a 90-deg extention to attach to the sockets we had in the valve cover. After some PB blaster, and using my air ratchet (not a good idea, instant torque + cramped area = bloody knuckles) - we finnally got them lose, and the new ones in. Problem being, they thread so far in - that you need to thread them with a socket, and risk cross-threading the plugs.

Fuck Subaru. I wonder how the techs do. I think Celerity has the right idea with the time/space thing.

Better plugs, guy who owns the car is OBC when it comes to hit car. Insisted that we change them "while we were in there". Turns out, even though he wanted good plugs, the ones in the car were not all that bad to begin with. :huh:

No, they are like NGK Platinums. No reason to swap them out, nothing better has been made yet :)

Back