2pac Lives

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i don't know any black people either.....

I just sleep with black chicks. lol

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 24 2003, 01:42 AM
Shawshank redemption was an awesome movie.

That's gotta be one of my favorites.

Along with Requiem for a Dream and American History X

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Jul 24 2003, 01:39 AM
he was arrested for committing criminal acts and no he won't rap about specific instances where he committed crime and didnt get caught, he's not that stupid.

Tupac was only found guilty of two charge and they were punching out Allen Huges (director of Meneace 2 Society) and sexual abuse.

All of his other 4 or 5 charges were dropped.

tupac was a poet. You can believe the grey sterotype over everything. I'm very suprised no one has posted about the rose that grew from concreat...

Tupac: "I'm like a rose growing out of concreat. For a rose to grow from concreat, even if it has broken pedals, and bent stems, is beautiful. It's special. But people still look at me and say, he has broken pedals and bent stems"

that is a paraphrase, but you get the idea. He was intellegient and a thinker. I dont care for his music, or care if he even comes but, but i can see this.

my opinion is that tupac is a legendary RAPPER, nothing more. he is up there with the likes of grandmaster flash, run dmc, and dre. he is not a role model and he doesnt claim to be. he revolutionized the hip hop world with his way of telling his life through his rhymes. what he did was poetry, but in a different way. his music can be seen as positive, by him telling all the un-positive things he has been through. If you are stupid enough to want to go through his hell, then you shouldnt be listening to his music. he is not someone to look up to, but he is a legend...a living legend. :D

Originally posted by Luke6@Jul 24 2003, 04:48 AM
tupac was a poet. You can believe the grey sterotype over everything. I'm very suprised no one has posted about the rose that grew from concreat...

Tupac: "I'm like a rose growing out of concreat. For a rose to grow from concreat, even if it has broken pedals, and bent stems, is beautiful. It's special. But people still look at me and say, he has broken pedals and bent stems"

that is a paraphrase, but you get the idea. He was intellegient and a thinker. I dont care for his music, or care if he even comes but, but i can see this.

The Rose that Grew from Concrete is a good book, and cd. Tupac was most definatley a very gifted poet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 24 2003, 12:41 AM-->
@Jul 24 2003, 01:39 AM
How many "niggers", in your definition, reads Niccolò Machiaveli.

how many people are in jail and have time to do that kind of shit?

all of them.

it was probably just passed around on some book cart (ala shawshank redemption :p) and he happened to read the whole thing through

w3rd.

you might as well do something productive if you're in the slammer, getting slammed in the rear.

i.e., hit the weights and exercise so you're not made anyone's bitch, and to sharpen up a little bit so you don't get screwed over.

Originally posted by dveit+Jul 24 2003, 01:04 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Jul 24 2003, 01:39 AM
he was arrested for committing criminal acts and no he won't rap about specific instances where he committed crime and didnt get caught, he's not that stupid.

Tupac was only found guilty of two charge and they were punching out Allen Huges (director of Meneace 2 Society) and sexual abuse.

All of his other 4 or 5 charges were dropped.

Wow...does that mean he didn't do it, or that he pleaded for guilty for a lesser charge? Just as everyone here speaks of and knows of when they talk about going to court, if you plead guilty and make it easy for the court they normally lessen the charges a bit. But yeah, nice guy huh...sexual abuse and assault...that the type of guy you'd want your daughter dating? Sounds like a nice guy to me and thats only the shit he got busted on, we all know theres things in life that we did wrong and get away with.

This is exactly the same shit that happened when Kurt Cobain shot himself 9 years ago. There were not many rumors of staging his death, but his fans and the media made him a matyr. These people should not be idolized simply because they were semi-talented musicians that managed to make it big and then die "before their time". Many people have made a huge deal about 2pac's death and his supposed return. My question is why does anyone care? So what? This kind of thing isn't new, it happened with Janis Joplin (sp?), Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham (sp?), and Jim Morrison.

Let's look at the list here of factors that lead (directly or indirectly to death):
Hendrix: drugs
Bonham: drugs
Morrison: drugs
Joplin: drugs
Cobain: drugs
2pac: lifestyle in general

Do these people really deserve to be martyrs?

EDIT: I am not implying that I have a problem with drug use, but that I don't think people doing stupid shit makes them a martyr.

Let it go, what impact on your life (try to be truthful with yourself here) does 2pac being dead or alive have? If the answer is greater than 0, you need to rethink the things oon which you base your life.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 24 2003, 03:35 PM
This is exactly the same shit that happened when Kurt Cobain shot himself 9 years ago. There were not many rumors of staging his death, but his fans and the media made him a matyr. These people should not be idolized simply because they were semi-talented musicians that managed to make it big and then die "before their time". Many people have made a huge deal about 2pac's death and his supposed return. My question is why does anyone care? So what? This kind of thing isn't new, it happened with Janis Joplin (sp?), Jimi Hendrix, John Bonham (sp?), and Jim Morrison.

Let's look at the list here of factors that lead (directly or indirectly to death):
Hendrix: drugs
Bonham: drugs
Morrison: drugs
Joplin: drugs
Cobain: drugs
2pac: lifestyle in general

Do these people really deserve to be martyrs?

EDIT: I am not implying that I have a problem with drug use, but that I don't think people doing stupid shit makes them a martyr.

Let it go, what impact on your life (try to be truthful with yourself here) does 2pac being dead or alive have? If the answer is greater than 0, you need to rethink the things oon which you base your life.

This is what I kinda meant. I don't agree with the lifestyle of any of these people, but what did Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, Lennon preach? Togetherness, peace etc. not killing bitches cuz they burnt ya wit da crack pipe yo. G-rap is one of the biggest problems with kids nowadays. I see it every day and if you watch tv or read a paper you see it too. Kids reaching for a gun, afraid to take an ass whipping, because pieces of shit like Tupac Dre and Snoop tell them it's cool. Look at any of these "hardcore" suburban wiggers that shoot some kid over a pot deal gone wrong. They cry and beg like little bitches, where is the hardcore gangsta attitude now? If tupac says he wasn't a gangsta then he is a poser and a hypocrite, look at the lifestyle he lived and the people he hung out with. I don't see how 95% of you "identify" with him or "feel" his music. I am willing to bet that none of you live in da hood, on foodstamps, selling drugs, pimpin your old lady out. How do you identify with him? Maybe I came off a little harsh because I have to listen to this shit all fucking day long at work and its a little old.
p.s. I am pretty sure that Courtney Love had something to do with his death, directly or indirectly. No I am not a Nirvana fan but looking at the evidence, it's a gut feeling. Hmmmm maybe I'll start a thread on it...... :roll:

Originally posted by machine@Jul 24 2003, 05:49 PM
This is what I kinda meant.

This is kinda what you meant? If you re read your post you just were yelling and screaming like a little kid. Just because I havn't lived in da hood, bought money with food stamps, sold drugs, or "pimped my old lady" has nothing to do with whether I feel his music or not. When I listen to his music, I think about how much better I have it compared to him growing up as a kid and how I'm happy for myself that I didn't have to grow up with all the bullshit that he had to.

On a side note, i agree with you machine on Kurt Cobain. I think that Courtney Love had to do something with it. I think that if she really loved him then she wouldn't have published his diary to make money off of his misfortune.

Originally posted by dveit+Jul 24 2003, 05:26 PM-->
@Jul 24 2003, 05:49 PM
This is what I kinda meant.

This is kinda what you meant? If you re read your post you just were yelling and screaming like a little kid. Just because I havn't lived in da hood, bought money with food stamps, sold drugs, or "pimped my old lady" has nothing to do with whether I feel his music or not. When I listen to his music, I think about how much better I have it compared to him growing up as a kid and how I'm happy for myself that I didn't have to grow up with all the bullshit that he had to.

On a side note, i agree with you machine on Kurt Cobain. I think that Courtney Love had to do something with it. I think that if she really loved him then she wouldn't have published his diary to make money off of his misfortune.

Is there an echo in here? Yes that is along the lines of what i was saying, as in WHO CARES! So you have to compare your good life to someones lousy life in order to validate yourself? Sounds like the preppy assholes I went to high school with "slumming" i.e. hanging out with the stoners, wearing ripped jeans etc.. try to be yourself and not surf the crowd and I am sure you will be a lot happier and not have to convince yourself that you have a meaningful life. And like I said if I didn't have to listen to this shit at work day in day out I probably wouldn't have jumped your shit, so for that I apologize...but that still doesn't mean I agree with any of it.

okay, just to add to all this talk about g-rap being the downfall of our youth. it all comes down to parenting...half the kids that buy this music are not over 18, and most times do not purchase the CD. Who buys these wigger kids their CD? mommy and daddy. Anyone under 18 should not listen to g-rap, because they are probably gonna stupid enough to go shoot someone. I cannot identify with tupac: i was never raised in a ghetto by a cracked out mom, but i do find his life and style of rap interesting, thats why i listen. how many of you have seen boyz in the hood or menace to society? we cant relate to that shit, but yet, they were both great movies.

Originally posted by mattcalica@Jul 24 2003, 06:32 PM
okay, just to add to all this talk about g-rap being the downfall of our youth. it all comes down to parenting...half the kids that buy this music are not over 18, and most times do not purchase the CD. Who buys these wigger kids their CD? mommy and daddy. Anyone under 18 should not listen to g-rap, because they are probably gonna stupid enough to go shoot someone. I cannot identify with tupac: i was never raised in a ghetto by a cracked out mom, but i do find his life and style of rap interesting, thats why i listen. how many of you have seen boyz in the hood or menace to society? we cant relate to that shit, but yet, they were both great movies.

:werd: i can't stand it when people say violence happens because of the music and the movies...it's all in parenting. why is there always an excuse for a kid picking up a gun and shooting someone anyway...just like Chris Rock said...What ever happened to someone being just crazy...When I was living in "da hood" only thing that ever really happened were fights and someone getting jumped, no one ever got shot and all that bullshit that people and the media say goes on. so if you ask me, a kid picking up a gun has alot to do with the parents, or a parent not being there at all. now that i got that off my chest, i don't think we'll see tupac again, even if he is still alive, why would he want t leave the good life he has now?

man I cant believe no one has said anything about the bad boy crew, they probably werent smart enough to kill tupac and puffy is about as ghetto as my dog is but you cant forget the fact that tupac and bad boy talked about killing each other, ALOT. Songs like "who shot ya" and "hit em up" I mean tupac basically says it was bad boy that shot him five times.

Oh and Lsvtec you forgot one
Mama Cass=ham sandwich

Originally posted by mattcalica@Jul 24 2003, 07:32 PM
half the kids that buy this music are not over 18, and most times do not purchase the CD.

Who even buys CD's theses days? No body that I know.

I mean tupac basically says it was bad boy that shot him five times.

But he has NO proof that it was bad boy, he just assumed that because biggie and diddy just so happened to be in the studio above tupac recording the same night.

I think it was just pure coincidence. But that gave him reason enough to punk out one of his best friends.

i buy CDs to support artist i like. I have the last three afi cds, and i had all the music downloaded before i got any of them.

Moving on, i think people should all calm down. This is a debate not a name calling contest. And no tupac hasnt effected my life in any way what-so-ever, but i do think it'd be interesting if he came back. You'd have to give him some credit.

My guess though is if he does come back he'll be dead for good soon.

Originally posted by Luke6@Jul 25 2003, 01:47 AM
My guess though is if he does come back he'll be dead for good soon.

Why do you say this?

Back