78 cvcc build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah there's a mystery yellow wire on the engine harness that I need to figure out what it does...

Shit now I HAVE to go out there tonight.

man im so glad i have a wiring genius to help me out when i get this far lol. good luck tonight!

Well, it turns out that in order to have spark you have to plug in the connectors on the distributor. Who knew?:rolleyes:

Here's my high tech fuel pump switch
DSC02405.jpg

Rear mount Battery
DSC02406.jpg

Custom copper fuel line
DSC02407.jpg

I spared no expense on the inline filter and race-spec steel braided fuel line :D
DSC02409.jpg

Ninja mounted resistor box
DSC02411.jpg

So the wiring is finished :)
DSC02412.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

Video of FIRST STARTUP:
YouTube - 1978 Honda Civic D16A1 first start

oh man i would strangle a nun to have one of them... but i got something a lil closer than the other guys, dont laugh... i got an 84 civic dx hatch a few months ago and i plan to pop a D in it and make some well needed ponies... and yes the sleeper status will be killer, but im gonna paint the bitch champ white pearl and put in some '91 Si seats and of course, a sound system is mandatory but nothing too ridiculous... when i start my swap ill post it up 4 you guys to see as i know you will find it interesting. i wanna see this 78 rockin D-series power so bad! :D

and I guess in all this shit I didn't realize you were doin this in AK, my aunt lives up there, I was up there for the summer this year. Beautiful place, probably one of the best experiences of my life

sounded like someone was excited!! haha very sick! gald you figured it out. now i have to get my ass in gear. cant wait to see that thing driving! nice job klyph!

An orange 76 CVCC just turned up in my local Junkyard in nearly pristene shape, Anything hard to find you are after?

i remember he was looking for rear shocks i think..

An orange 76 CVCC just turned up in my local Junkyard in nearly pristene shape, Anything hard to find you are after?

does it have any wood? steering wheel shift knob? does it have AC? or just air?

theres lots of little things people fight over like crazy. does it have good glass? get some pictures if you can!

I just blew a load right down my fuggin' leg dude! Frickin' awesome.....glad to see it runnin, not to mention nothin' like wide open head blowin blue flames!!!!! I am not worthy....

woo hoo!!! .. git r' dun Klyph.. gonna be driving that before you know it mang
Thanks bro, I appreciate your continued interest in my little project.
Take some pics, who knows?

It took me 6 days driving like a mad man from Augusta, GA to Wasilla, Alaska.

I just blew a load right down my fuggin' leg dude! Frickin' awesome.....glad to see it runnin, not to mention nothin' like wide open head blowin blue flames!!!!! I am not worthy....

Wrong thread maybe? :confused::confused:

Did I miss something?? :confused::confused::confused:

Back