Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

supposed to run the outside straight and inside toed out..
also run the inside cambered out and the outiside cambered in..

Your calling cambered out top leaned out right? and visa-versa...thats hows its set now. On the toe in/out Ive heard a couple people say to run inside out and outside straight...but wouldnt that just equate to being the same as if you adjusted both out to the same measure:confused: I lost myself too...lol. I mean if you turn 1 out and leave 1 side straight, wont it try to correctits self to straight foward putting the steering wheel at a center with the same toe out on both sides?

On my rwd truck I would set the wheels straight , then adjust equally on toe out until I was 1/4-1/2"toeout depending how the truck was handleing.

Definitly correct me if thats wrong...like I said this totally new to me in fwd, and mabey that does make a difference in fwd.:D

Last edited:
Sounds he's saying

camber:

\ \

toe

| /

yep...we were on same page then. I talked to a couple of the "competitors" and dudes I race with and they were saying the same thing...to set toe with the pass side tire straight and make adjustments to the driver side(inside) so thats how it will be done. thanks for the pointer injen78...so B I think Im gonna try that first, if it dont work may try the reverse toe.

Last edited:
As soon as i get out there your gonna have a del sol dirt tracker to build. Hope roofs arent a requirement!

And give an congrats to the ladies for gettin their hands dirty!

I hear people saying add some rear steer by toe settings in the rear of the fwd...am I missing something or how is that done on a crx?

My guess is by cocking them both to where the front of the tires are further right than the rear. That would make it want to rotate the rear outwards freeing up some front wheel traction for acceleration.

Front: I I

Rear: / /

My guess is by cocking them both to where the front of the tires are further right than the rear. That would make it want to rotate the rear outwards freeing up some front wheel traction for acceleration.

Front: I I

Rear: / /

how would you cock the rears? the fronts have adj trailing arms, how are the rears adjustable?

As soon as i get out there your gonna have a del sol dirt tracker to build. Hope roofs arent a requirement!

And give an congrats to the ladies for gettin their hands dirty!

roofs are required, but we could probably weld that sucker on or sheet it, one way or another we can make it work. and sent props to the ladies...lol:D

Hey INJEN78 where can I see some pics of your asphalt car?

anything new or interesting ????

not really all the cars are ready to hit the track on sat, and its gonna be a perfect 70 degree day. didnt mess with rear steer YET...gonna see how it works first then start moving stuff around. Got quite a few people showing up just to see how it goes...lol. I'll be running a in car cam in the crx, and hopefully have someone from the sidelines with the dvd recorder so we can get a couple angles of what the cars do. By monday should have some vids and possible pics up and break down for ya guys. :D

what you guys are talking about is called skitching? in the nascar department. they adjust the toe of the wheels... the car looks like it is going down the straights sideways.

Ive seen that on the highway but it was in a newer Grand Prix. Freaked me the F out. I think the frame was bent really. Theyve probably died by now. :shrug2:

Ive seen that on the highway but it was in a newer Grand Prix. Freaked me the F out. I think the frame was bent really. Theyve probably died by now. :shrug2:

seen it too on the highway, you gotta do a double take and then it makes me feel all dizzy inside...lol

I still need to download the vid from the cameras but heres a little "break down" from the test and tune.

first off the black eg...3 laps into the first run, car pulls hard in the straights, but lost vtec and then motor quits making power. shut it down push to the pits...drivers side motor mount sheared one stud and tore the other 2 out of the block...car doa for the day.
next...green ef...hauls ass again, little loose in the corners, lots of wheel hop(track was rougher than hell) he is rev limiting half way down the straights starts using 3rd in straights, and second through corners...comes into the pits "hot" stops the car. gets out walks around back of the car...radiator explodes shooting the hot fluid out from under the hood and into the drivers area...no one hurt...diagnosis was fan stopped working and a the old plastic radiator didnt like the heat.

Crx...this bitch was on rails, fast as hell nothing running could catch it, for first lap...then it developed a stumble in the corners at both ends of the track. run like a raped ape down the straight, dive into the corner, engine acted like it ran out of fuel or lost battery. pop and sputter through the rest of the corner then light off again like you kicked the dog in the balls. and continued this the rest of the day. the last 15 min of testing we were trying different driving techniques both fast and slow nothing really changed the symptoms...finally it just died running down the front stretch...diagnosis today...still not sure. gotta plug back in the dash cluster for cel and see what we got.

all in all...holy shit..I thought they would be a 1 line car, not true...I can put that crx anywhere on the track I want it to go and she will stick. could pull car lengths on a former track champion in the straights. Its gonna be bad ass this year...I"m betting there may be different rules next year...lol. Videos later today after some work on the car. If anyone has ideas on what else to check...we tried swap ecus already no change, main relay swap, dizzy swap...nothing. getting fuel, not sure on spark yet...but cranks to beat the band but no fire. and it went from good to this in about 40 laps getting progressivly worse all day. sorry that shits so long..lol

Last edited:
Check the harness over for shorts and loose connections. I'm willing to bet that is your problem.. Something was getting pulled/strained in the corners and finally broke.

that sounds like fuel pump to me. the fact it only shuts down in the corners.

Back