b16. idles at 2.5k and timing retarded all the way

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes...this is news to me. Guess I'm the fool for not asking. Check the codes.

update, got to my car for an hour or so today, changed cam seals bc they leaked, and the timing is not dead on, the exhaust cam was only 1 tooth counter clockwise, didnt fix idle, took off the iacv and the screen looked decent, i put it back on and for kicks i started it while it was unplugged, and it idled around 1k rpm but very ruff... then i ran out of daylight... so could it be the iacv? btw theres no coolant hoses to the iacv there is also none to the throttle body there all blocked off

ok, just thaught of this. my dizzy plugs were cut off so i had to guess what wires went whare when wiring it up.. theres 3 that arnt the same color, so could they be backwords/wired wrong causing all this? if so anyone know what wires might be confused?

What ever happened to you having a check engine light? Did you read the code?
Your IACV could be bad even though its clean.
I know you can but why did you bypass the coolant lines?

Look at this link for IACV trouble shooting, etc. But you really got to get into it and read

Honda IACV explained - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

Here's the spark plug wire order:
#1 cylinder plug (farthest from dizzy) goes to bottom left on the dizzy
#2 (next to #1 and so on) goes to bottom right on dizzy
#3 Top left
#4 Top right

P.S. Get some new NGK plugs ($50) especially if yours were cut!!!

i bypassed the coolant lines because ive read it really makes no diffrence, and as for the dizzy wires i didnt mean plug wires man i mean the plug that plugs into the wiring harness... hence the diffrent color wires..lol

its all obdo and pr3 ecu, and i believe the dizzy is from distributor king because 3 of the wires colors dont match

Sorry...I don't know much about those distributors. This could be a problem.
Can you find schematics from distributor king?
Get a hold of them somehow and find out if it is theirs for sure.

ive tried to get a wiring diagram, ive even asked people on here who have a distributor from them to look at there plug and tell me what color wires go to the factory plugs but no luck, i guss ill just switch wires untill it runs right, theres only 3 diffrent ones thats alot of color combinations

3 wires....

One must be hot and the other must be ground. Can you check the dizzy for at least one of these to narrow it down a little? With a multimeter maybe?

I think I got the possible hook ups for the (6) total wires.
I just used any color that could be understood with its first initial.

Black Red White (to ECU)

Yellow Purple Green (to dizzy)

WY-RP-BG
WY-RG-BP
WP-RY-BG
WP-RG-BY
WG-RP-BY
WG-RY-BP

I think these are all of them.....so (6) different combo's

yeah, i kinda get it i just have to keep trying combos untill it is right, i just hope homething wired up wrong wont fry the ecu

inside the tb their is two holes try putting your finger on the up hole see if that controls the idle.

If you can narrow one of the wires (like the ground) then there's only two possible wire scenarios.

i have a voltmeter i could test the wires if i knew what colors were soposed to have power

finally got the ecu codes,
. ......... - - . so 1 blink,pause,9 blinks,pause,2 long blinks and 1blink... im lost, it just keeps repeating the same thing

got the idle fixed guys, it was the sensor on the bottom of the tb, i plugged the bottom hole in the intake and thats how i found out it was that sensor, idles perfect now and with it idle right it runs with the dizzy in a normal position(not retarded)

Back