Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats a beautiful rex man, i'm a little jealous. it will be an animal with the gsr swap. i know some might consider it molestation, but have you ever considered a paint job?

this is an exact clone of my old SI.. except mine was an 89
god i miss that car.. i want another one bad.. but black

crx.jpg
fuck thats gorgeous, and the exact reason i was asking if he ever considered getting a paintjob.

There's only a select number of actually built Hondas on the island here, Matt doesn't count. :D But I'm the first to have these wheels. The only other nice set of rims here is some RnR's on a EG. I'm serious, there's NO Honda "scene" here. So yes, I've never seen slipstreams either.

Anyway I'm very happy, can't wait for the other 2 rims. :)

thats a beautiful rex man, i'm a little jealous. it will be an animal with the gsr swap. i know some might consider it molestation, but have you ever considered a paint job?

Yes, I think I have to actually. Clear coat is peeling in some places and I have to cut out the rust.

There's only a select number of actually built Hondas on the island here, Matt doesn't count. :D But I'm the first to have these wheels. The only other nice set of rims here is some RnR's on a EG. I'm serious, there's NO Honda "scene" here. So yes, I've never seen slipstreams either.

Anyway I'm very happy, can't wait for the other 2 rims. :)
W...T...F!!!!! and theres a 99 itr in vic with slips :)

thats one of the more complete kits i have seen
thatd be a fun setup on your rex... even just on stock stuff at about 180-200whp would be a blast.

edit
just realized i didnt even answer your question haha
downpipe and manifold look like theyre ebay
just be wary of those ebay manifolds. they crack in places i didnt even think were possible.

Here are my thoughts:

Turbo my motor means new pistons, maybe rods. Then some fabing. I'd expect to be $2000 in the end but 200 HP.

170 HP OBD1 B16A swap for $2000 (HMO) then sell my complete Mini-Me installed for $1000.

I could add cams, I/H/E with that extra grand and have a fun N/A car that's maybe close to 200 HP

i think youd be fine on 200whp on the stock bottom with that few of miles. if it were a y7 bottom, i'd (and i know you would be as well) be thinking differently

Lol, I was thinking of using my Y7 block for a turbo build.

I believe my dad and I have found the problem with the Y7 block. The Y7 crank oil holes are only drilled half way through while you can see through the holes on any other D16 crank. Also once you look inside the oil pump of a Y7 you think the Japs were smoking too much opium. Some hard core guys bore out the oil pumps and that seems to solve the problem.

Lol, I was thinking of using my Y7 block for a turbo build.

I believe my dad and I have found the problem with the Y7 block. The Y7 crank oil holes are only drilled half way through while you can see through the holes on any other D16 crank. Also once you look inside the oil pump of a Y7 you think the Japs were smoking too much opium. Some hard core guys bore out the oil pumps and that seems to solve the problem.

built y7 wouldnt be a problem, but stock bottom y7 hell no. lol
you hit the nail on the head though, the problem is oiling. and thats why the one you pulled apart had a spun bearing

my vote is to boost the mini me currently in the car, and see what you can get it to do.

Back