COD: Black ops

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ill be getting it, but not for 360. im going with PC on this one.. the 360 just looks like garbage and i hate paying for the subscription.

PS3 with my Fragenstien ftw. Hopefully they don't come out with another PS3 update too soon and remove functionality until the now defunct, but-still-around-under-a-different-name company can come out with a new firmware :(.

i pre-ordered.. only because they give you something free when you do.. my buddy pre-ordered the hardened edition w/ the 4 extra maps and my bro-in-law preordered the prestige edition w/ the remote control

Maybe Black Ops will get me back into the CoD mode. Ive been playing a boat load of Reach lately. I will probably wait a few days however and go through my games I am willing to trade.

my buddy and I got back into gears of war 2. forgot how much fun playing horde was. ill get black ops but probably won't go online until the weekend.

my buddy and I got back into gears of war 2. forgot how much fun playing horde was. ill get black ops but probably won't go online until the weekend.

I never got into horde, it was weird how big mulitplayer is yet people were getting together just to play the computer. F that I want to kill my friends not play with them VS the cpu.

Playing it right now bitches! I'll give you my thoughts in a little while here...

holy shit its reznov from WaW. lol

Well it should be waiting for me when I get home. How about an after action report from you fellas that have played it?

not too far into it but it seems like itll be hard as hell on veteran. pretty fun. shooting the TOW missiles is a riot.

Some first impressions (multiplayer only; haven't gotten into the campaign or zombies yet):

-The flame-thrower attachment is fookin' sweet!

-Maps seem pretty balanced. There are some big ones, but they all seem to be pretty well thought out. Haven't really encountered a lot of camping thus far.

-Graphics are actually not quite up to MW2 par. They don't look bad by any means, but not quite as crisp or detailed. A lot of the maps are really colorful too, which doesn't bother me, but I've heard other people bitching about how it looks too "cartoony" for them.

-The CoD points and the wager system are kind of cool, but at the same time it's a little annoying to have use points to "purchase" guns and attachments and stuff despite the fact that you unlocked them via XP.

-You can pick up your Claymore and place it somewhere else, which is awesome. Also, you can have 2 grenades (a lethal and a flash/stun type) PLUS your equipment, so you don't have to choose between a grenade and a claymore like MW2.

-Perks seem pretty balanced. I like how they just totally eliminated Stopping Power and Juggernaut, so no more bitching about them. I like the way they rearranged some of the perks from MW2 into different tiers also. For example, in MW2 you'd have to choose between Marathon or Bling. Now Bling is "Warlord" and it's in a different tier, so you can do Marathon, Lightweight, and run an SMG with extended mags and a silencer. Pretty awesome rushing class.

-A lot of the maps have something going on in the background while you play (Launch has the rockets taking off for example), which adds to the franticness of it all. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far. Jury's still out on whether I like it better then MW2 though...

Have you guys seen any black cops yet?

Unfortunately no, just a bunch of white, Rambo-looking mofos so far. I'm hoping for a "Detroit" map to pop up sometime soon though with a bunch of Samuel L. Jackson types duking it out...

Can't wait to get into multiplayer now. I like how they set up the campaign. It basically starts with your character in a chair being questioned, and the storyline comes and goes like flashbacks. I can't wait to get to the end and figure out what the numbers mean that he keeps talking about. You'll see what I'm talking about when you jump into it.

Back