Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got it for the 1st break in. You would neg rep me if you saw the oil I'm putting through her for the 1st 15 minutes...

nah... most of us understand dude!!!! you wont be revving hard during break in... so why bother...

Just waiting on the FW, and I'll be dropping it it:) (this one is a shitty cell phone pic)
2011-05-21212024.jpg

nice build! as long as youre not using used oil for the break in, ill let it slide. otherwise im driving to ohio to personally backhand you

you may laugh, but i have seen it done before.

Im breaking my motor in with peak 5-30 and a half quart of 15-50 mobil 1 and a mobil 1 filter I had extra laying around lol. 15-50 has zinc and phosphorus.

You need to get the obd 2 low cover and it will fit fine. I would if you can considering they are like 25 bucks to help keep dirt and grime out of there.

Looks good though!

Moment of truth tonight:mellow: Thanks Cal for hooking me up with the flywheel and Turbomirage for getting me the radiator/fan this week! My primary comp. is locked up with some virus and I still need to fit it - pics will come later.

Well I didn't get the car running yet. Everything is done except the wiring of the LC-1 wideband and gauge. I forgot how long this takes to do correctly. I won't be getting around to it until Sunday due to a weekend trip I'm going on. Was hoping to be taking the Civic:(

god damned lc-1
such a PITA to wire up correctly, their install directions are horrible

glad to see you got the engine in there though, it looks great :thumbsup:

Finished wiring the LC-1, primed the oil pump, loaded the tune, and let a rip. She fired RIGHT up! It has a surprisingly nice idle considering I haven't messed with the idle speed, or ignition timing.

However....

The low oil pressure light never went off. I shut her down after a few seconds and discovered a huge mess of oil under the car:( It seems that oil is going down the back of the block, and even onto the trans a little. GOD DAMMIT! So, it's either I failed to tighten the oil cooler, or the HG was installed incorrectly. FML

Pic of the HG on the block right before I put the head on. Looks like there was an opening for an oil passage on the gasket that does not have any aluminum under it... It's on the back side of the block where it appears the leak is coming from. Either I put the gasket on wrong or the gasket is wrong... :headsmash:Any of you have experience reusing cometic had gaskets?

DSCN2040.jpg

I never reuse gaskets, belts, pumps etc...too cheap to have fail.

Do you have pictures of where the leak is coming from?

That gasket looks pretty thick, maybe when you torqued it down it crimped or something?

Sucks but it sounds liek you didnt do any damage, I might drop the pan and check your bearings just in case.

Oil leaking down back of engine by thermostat housing. Anything that looks shiny has a coat of new oil on it..
DSCN2102.jpg

DSCN2103.jpg

Back