D15B Vtec swap/boost/vtec/?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No, I'm talking about the O2 heater; it heats the element in the O2 sensor. It's there for emissions reason(helps the O2 get up to temperature for more accurate reading). If it's not hooked up(ie you use a one-wire O2 on a P06 or P28), it'll just throw a code for O2 Sensor Heater. On the P08, it won't even look for it.

The O2 heater is not connected with the engine heating/cooling system. If your coolant gets hot; then you can have heat.

What he is trying to say is, Bank1, sensor 2. (p1162) i beleive is the code, heated oxygen sensor. It is used after the catalytic converter normally and really doesnt affect your A/F ratio. The main o2 sensor on the other hand will. take it out and let it just hang. The car will run fine, it will just run super rich. I did this when I boosted my d16 in my old car. My fuel system had problems so I couldnt put it all in except for the pump, so to compensate (temporarily) i took the o2 out. But last I checked, obd1 runs with ONE o2 sensor, not two.

when i swapped my d15b i really wanted a b series of some sort. a B is definatly in the works still but for now the d series boosts me around just fine.

Ya that's pretty much what i'm doing too. The bseries will be in it in the next few months. But as being a kid and only having one car...i gotta get to school an finish that up before i can start working full time to buy the gsr..haha it's gay but gotta do it i guess

So how is the throttle cable undone? Should I just follow it down to the pedal and undo it?

Also when you pop out the axels do you have to remove the hub assemblies and all that or just pop them out and move them out of the way?

or you could just undo it from the tb then just hook it back up when you get the new motor in

or you could just undo it from the tb then just hook it back up when you get the new motor in

that works too i guess but the cable hangin near the engine where i was workin pissed me off alot..so i just removed the damn thing

Ya that's pretty much what i'm doing too. The bseries will be in it in the next few months. But as being a kid and only having one car...i gotta get to school an finish that up before i can start working full time to buy the gsr..haha it's gay but gotta do it i guess

yea the gsr motor is whut im gonna build too, and i only have the hatch to drive so im thinkin of buyin a P.O.S. kia for $200 to drive to work in the meantime

Ya well my dad has a truck that he only drives on the weeks an my brothers car just sits around here too...but i guess i'm supposed to be taking care of all this myself...so thats what i'm tryin to do. gay

If I had another car I'd definately go with a B-series. That's what I originally planned. But then I got to thinking my civic's my only car and I don't make much money so it'll be my daily driven well-maintained d15b vtec powered Honda Civic with i/h/e for a little get-up and go :).

Then much later it'll be sleeved, with vitara pistons and eagle rods, turbocharged and tuned for hopefully 350-400 whp when I learn how to work with internals and get more experienced and edumacated :).

thats the way to go...i actually just picked up a b18c block from a dude i know..cylinders r in good shape but no internals . so im really starting from scratch. gotta love them winter projects! ebay's gonna be my new best friend

Thanks for the info on the slave cylinder I think bleeding it would have sucked ass.
quote]

You're doing a swap, which I acknowledge, isn't difficult, and you can't bleed a slave cylinder? Hondas aren't hard but seriously. There's talk of a rear disc conversion...how are you gonna do a rear disc conversion, which you will have to bleed after install, if you can't bleed a slave??? Just curious...

:) I'm not doing a rear disc conversion. And I've never bled a slave cylinder before so I was asking.

i am ordering the d15b sohc vtec motor/tranny/ecu next week. can't wait.

i am ordering the d15b sohc vtec motor/tranny/ecu next week. can't wait.

Wow, seriously?

You've been banned what, twice now? Do you not see what's going on here?

They're not banning you because they don't like your screen name, they're banning you because they no longer want you posting on these forums. How many new screen names and additional bans is it going to take before you just move on to a different forum?

:slap:

sounds good to me..done and done..

ive seen vtec controllers on ebay listed that say you dont need to connect it to the ecu..

how the hell does that work?

Back