employment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yet another update because well...I can
I got one of my old jobs back, today was my first day and I finished the daily quota with 3 hours to spare. :D
I was given full time, full benifits, and job security. Which means no more ragging on me for being unemployed fuckers

Gee..thanks
My next dilemma is I have to figure out how I'm going to balance working and school in the fall. I'll pull through though, I have plenty of motivation and I don't much care for mooching.
just out of curiosity ,what is it exactly you do again B?

I just got a job today too. It's an awesome job, at Unilever. Project Managment, sitting on the Change Control board (official boardroom!) but the pay SUCKS.

It beats nothing, and my house is not only going on the market Monday, I have two prospective buyers already.

I just got a job today too. It's an awesome job, at Unilever. Project Managment, sitting on the Change Control board (official boardroom!) but the pay SUCKS.

It beats nothing, and my house is not only going on the market Monday, I have two prospective buyers already.

Congratulations man, hopefully it'll all work out nicely for you, be sure to update on it.
What exactly is it you'll be doing though?

programmer

Ahh thats cool, I'm going back to school for web design and graphic arts :p

I'll be handling the change control processes for all projects corporate wide, IT, Products, Legal, Advertising, the whole thing.

It sounds like a SIGNIFICANT job, and when they offered it to me I almost fainted. But I'm in there as a subcontractor of a subcontract. It's terrible. I'm making less than I made at Yale. And no benefits.

I'll be handling the change control processes for all projects corporate wide, IT, Products, Legal, Advertising, the whole thing.

It sounds like a SIGNIFICANT job, and when they offered it to me I almost fainted. But I'm in there as a subcontractor of a subcontract. It's terrible. I'm making less than I made at Yale. And no benefits.

eh as I always hear "you have to work your way up" as I'm sure many would agree your a pretty intelligent individual and it doesn't seem out of perspective to see you climbing the ladder fairly quickly. Goodluck regardless man

working the ladder sucks.

i started on rung #3 with a big leap straight out of school, then i skipped the middle and am now head developer at my firm :)

eh as I always hear "you have to work your way up" as I'm sure many would agree your a pretty intelligent individual and it doesn't seem out of perspective to see you climbing the ladder fairly quickly. Goodluck regardless man
Yeah, I do mid way on the ladder. The position isn't the problem. The pay is. But it's still pretty good.

It's $25 an hour. It's enough to pay bills, but it's at least a $50 an hour job, which is where I was looking in the range of this time around.

tuner, don't count the military completely out. i did 8 years army and am looking at at another 20 in the airforce. so far its my favorite job. if you're still interested and the get together happens, we'll talk.

scott

working the ladder sucks.

i started on rung #3 with a big leap straight out of school, then i skipped the middle and am now head developer at my firm :)

you know you want to get me a job when I get out of school don't you :D

Yeah, I do mid way on the ladder. The position isn't the problem. The pay is. But it's still pretty good.

It's $25 an hour. It's enough to pay bills, but it's at least a $50 an hour job, which is where I was looking in the range of this time around.

eh don't fret it man, you'll be doing a lot better in no time, on the upside your making more than 3 times the money I make lol but thats what I get for being young and inexperienced in any major field :(

tuner, don't count the military completely out. i did 8 years army and am looking at at another 20 in the airforce. so far its my favorite job. if you're still interested and the get together happens, we'll talk.

scott

I was/am still considering it I'm not sure though, as it sits now it is pretty much a last resort type of thing, but yea we'll talk about it at the get together.

Last edited:
25 an hour in CT = $14 an hour in TN

Imagine paying a single mortgage bill at $2000 a month. It sucks long donkey dick.

I WISH my mortgage was only 2000 a month! lol
$544.43 + taxes and insurance:D ~ $650-$675. the search for a roommate might be on soon.

Tuner congrats on the job again. stick with it, work and school is tough but can work. I did DeVry and worked UPS unloading trucks it was hard, never enough time or sleep. Looking back now, I really miss those times. It's funny how things work the more you do the less alive you feel and feel that your not liviving life, but in hindsight you realise that that is when you are most alive and lliving life to its fullist.

It's funny how things work the more you do the less alive you feel and feel that your not liviving life, but in hindsight you realise that that is when you are most alive and lliving life to its fullist.

:werd:

For some reason I actually miss the days when I was taking classes and working two part time jobs. It's funny, I was always looking forward back then, waiting for the day when I could just work full time, but now that I am, I feel like my life is boring and I kinda miss those hectic days...

Yea I can see where your coming from, when I was working 3 jobs a few months back I was always busy and never really had any time but I kind of prefer it, gives me less time to think about other things >,>
I just kind of wish I was doing something else for the company I work for but eh I can't complain. I finished quota early again today with a little over 2 hours to spare, hopefully if I keep working my ass off like this I'll get a substantial raise or offered another position :shrug2:

hopefully if I keep working my ass off like this I'll get a substantial raise or offered another position :shrug2:

Uh, yeah, I thought that once too. Guess where it landed me? Working for another company because I worked too hard for too little. But hopefully your company has some upward mobility, mine only had lateral.

Back