Eric's '92 Prelude Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, i got my bumper in going to pick it up from my mom's work in a few minutes, ill put pics up, and when i get the bumper support back from my friend who is fixing the bent bracket i will be able to install it. i do need light sockets for the bumper though, anybody know where i can get some. I also ordered a new windshield wiper switch from ebay for like $8 shipped.

okay, so i wanna take out my rear seats as i will never use them and i want to weld metal in the place of the seats so that area doesnt look so bad, so here's my question: i need to change the center console to a shorter the one, what are my options? the si one is just between the front seats right? that's what i've seen. thanks ahead of time.

That is all, buddy. You build a car for yourself and absolutely NOONE else! Why build a (custom) car for anyone else. Keep up the good work, man! I would love to see more pictures, I will be following this thread for a looong time.

ehat happened to you following this for a long time 89' project civic? you havent posted in awhile and i need some help but i dont think anybody reads this anymore :(

Sorry, life has caught up with me lately. My suggestion is to put a good system in the trunk. The only reason I took out my rear seats is because I plan on putting more bass in my EF. Do you have anymore pictures of updates?

i understand, but i havent done much really, i have a shitty job and i cant seem to find those damn light bulb sockets for my bumper. but as soon as i get progress i'll update it, i plan on new tires as my next buy, in of them is off the rim so i cant even move it now :(

wow really? im just asking a damn question. just answer it and keep your shit to yourself

You know, this is HIS build thread. Maybe he didn't need to call you a fucking idiot, but then again, why are you in here making demands? You're on this forum making posts, so clearly you've got some rudimentary knowledge of how to navigate the Internet. Go Google "what is power steering" and you'll get your answer...

okay, so i wanna take out my rear seats as i will never use them and i want to weld metal in the place of the seats so that area doesnt look so bad, so here's my question: i need to change the center console to a shorter the one, what are my options? the si one is just between the front seats right? that's what i've seen. thanks ahead of time.

So you want to remove the rear seats, but instead of just letting it be, you want to weld a bunch of metal in their place? That's kinda retarded, honestly. By welding metal in you'll be negating any weight loss benefits that you'd get by removing the seats, plus, if you weld metal in, you're making the seat removal pretty much permanent, which in turn reduces the appeal of the car to any future buyers.

I would just leave the seats in if I were you. Either that, or make a custom carpeted board that will match with the rest of the interior but still allow for easy re-installation of the seats...

yeah i thought of the board too it would probably be easier, but is the si center console any shorter or is it the same? i've seen si's with both i think.

I'm not understanding why you need a shorter center counsel. Are you intending to just block off the entire area behind the seats?

well that was my plan to get that center console out of there so it would be easier to build that board

Ah okay. I looked at the pictures and now I understand your dilemna. You can try using a center counsel piece from a different car, but there's no guarantee that any other center counsel is going to bolt in and match up with the rest of the dash. If anything, I'd maybe look into Accord center counsels since the Prelude is more closely related to the Accord then the Civic/Integra is.

Or you can just cut off the back portion of the counsel and try to rig up a back end for it somehow. This is why I think it would be better to just keep the back seats personally...

the back seats in the prelude are not heavy. imo just leave them in there. its alot more work than its worth. and by the time you are done it will probly be heavier than when you started.

the back seats in the prelude are not heavy. imo just leave them in there. its alot more work than its worth. and by the time you are done it will probly be heavier than when you started.

^^^This.^^^

well im not really going for weight reduction, i want it to look good, it was just an idea though... i got my windshield wiper switch today and it works and everything...

Are the seats torn up or something? Stained maybe? I don't see what's so awful-looking about having them in there...

Back