Eric's '92 Prelude Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i was thinking about it but idk i still gotta get tires, a bumper, hood, and hood hinges just to get it street legal and safe

well my exhaust guy called me back and its gonna be like $180 with the resonator, a flex pipe, and muffler and all the pipes installed

stainless and not sure what dia if you mean diameter lol but he knows what to put on what car..

i just found an h22a that just needs timed, has not been ran out of time since rebuilt, for $375 thats a pretty good price isnt it? and what would i need to wire the VTEC? i know its just 2 wires, but where do i hook those up to?

you have to run a ground for the vtec oil pressure switch (there should be a place with multiple grounds on the engine right below it) and you have to run a wire for the oil pressure switch to the ecu, and you have to run a wire to the ecu for the vtec solenoid, and you need to run a wire to the ecu for the knock sensor. you may also consider running a wire for the IAB since you have an F22A1 and not the A6, you should have a single stage manifold.

here's a good resource: https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca-cd/4th-gen-accord-h22a-install-59967/

read this too: https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

thanks. idk if im gonna do the swap yet i need to put my money into other things, but today i moved the spark plug wires off the top of the valve cover to behind it...

Before:

CIMG0715.jpg

After:

CIMG0743.jpg

Ok this is a very "noob" question but what is that small looking version of an air intake on top of the valve cover called?

that is where there was a vent that went into the stock intake and the new intake doesnt have that spot so i just put that filter on and cut the vent tube off...

okay, so i just bought a new OEM front bumper and the lights for it cant wait for them to get here :ph34r:

so what does that thing really do?
im sorry im just new on things like this.

well now that that's cleared up, i am going to tuck my fuse box from under the hood to inside when i get home later, and start trying to tuck other things that i feel like i can...

its pretty good so when you want to install the strut tower in, you won't have to worry about those wires being in your way

Back