Got my first paycheck from the new job today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, but that is 6% going into a 401k. not too shabby for us ex military guys.

the loan is also going into the 401K....so something like...uhmmm... $480 every two weeks, and the company matches each week for $120 @ %50...so $600 every two weeks into the 401K. So 16% from the gross is going into savings.

;)

wow, i'm actually saving like $16000 a year....retirements going to be fun....hehe

Last edited:
Looking at my paycheck today...

Salary this period - 2346.91
commission - 974.16 ( once a month )
Take home this week - 2219.02 ( shitty )

I did buy a new car this week, I purchased a fully loaded All Wheel Drive Ford Fusion. I got the 07 with a sticker of 29000 for slightly under 24... screw that jeep.

Good, change your sig !

$24 for a Fusion ? Shit a comparable Mustang is cheaper. Of course not in AWD.

I'll pm you my addy, you can send me some of that extra cabbage if you'd like.

:)

Looking at my paycheck today...

Salary this period - 2346.91
commission - 974.16 ( once a month )
Take home this week - 2219.02 ( shitty )

I did buy a new car this week, I purchased a fully loaded All Wheel Drive Ford Fusion. I got the 07 with a sticker of 29000 for slightly under 24... screw that jeep.
sweet weekly pay check.

LMAO ..... im retired " Army" (retirement check) and a disable veteran "(disability check)" so i get a nice chunk of $ plus i work for the federal goverment on top of being retired Plus egaged to a Doctor......

Last edited:
nah i am every two weeks. I am only help desk, but working for comcast i get commission. I basically help with all of the eastern division of comcast, with every computer problem they have. So if i fix issues faster than i am quoted i get commision. And i bust ass most days, so i get a bigger commision check. I do work 50 hours a week though. 7:30-5:30 saturday - wednesday. If i work any OT my base wage gets 2.50 added to it, then time and a half. So basically after 40 hours, I get paid alot more :) No OT, and i bring home about 3700 a month.

Edit - yea i traded it in, I got 9500 for it, and I owed 12. So i argued and even walked out on them 2 days ago. I told them i wanted a new car from them, but i wasnt taking that big of a hit. So they wiped out 2k of the negative equity and i took a 500 dollar loss. So now i have an AWD Fusion, fully loaded with navigation.

Last edited:
well my disability is from Serving my Country in the U.S ARMY and im still alive after 2 tours in the desert 1 in Iraq ....lol PLus i can do almost everything you can :) . thats the price WE pay for the freedom we provide ..... :)

Wow 23 posts, shows your douchebag response. Regardless of you being in the service or not, dont gloat about a disability check.
It defiantly feels good to earn good money. I am saving right now for a house. I am still at my apartment, but i am banking about 1000 a month. So i will have a good down payment in 2 years or so. Hopefully around 20k.

Last edited:
well my disability is from Serving my Country in the U.S ARMY and im still alive after 2 tours in the desert 1 in Iraq ....lol PLus i can do almost everything you can :) . thats the price WE pay for the freedom we provide ..... :)
uh, i served in the military to. so don't get your panties in a bunch when i was just kidding with you. didn't you see the ":p". also, i posted to airjockie, "pretty good for "US" military guys.

so don't take offense man. i was just joking around.

Wow 23 posts, shows your douchebag response. Regardless of you being in the service or not, dont gloat about a disability check.
It defiantly feels good to earn good money. I am saving right now for a house. I am still at my apartment, but i am banking about 1000 a month. So i will have a good down payment in 2 years or so. Hopefully around 20k.

yes it does feel good to earn good money i did for 20 yrs in the Army and like every war people get hurt and this is my reward i guess for putting my life on the line. when you finally put your time in and retire youll see how much you appreciate your retirement check.:D

uh, i served in the military to. so don't get your panties in a bunch when i was just kidding with you. didn't you see the ":p". also, i posted to airjockie, "pretty good for "US" military guys.

so don't take offense man. i was just joking around.
good nick im sorry if i came up like that i didnt see the ":p" i didnt take it in a bad way at all!!!! are you service connected? if not you should contact me so we can get you service connected. this also goes to all the military people here in the forums i can help you guys with the VA benefits.

nah i will bud. It came off wrong in the beginning, but thanks for your help :)

Back