LG enV Touch vs Rogue vs Droid opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have two sitting on my desk right now.

They just make me pissed at my iFail. :(

It's not as polished physically, but it's still a really awesome phone. The OS is everything I want in a phone.

i'm on the fence between the iphone and the droid.

i love the look and feel of the iphone. and its super simple to use, and has a ton of functionality. as well as LOTS of apps. but the droid is more customizable, has more free apps, and has GPS navigation (turn by turn). but it doesnt look as pretty or clean. honestly they should have done away with the flip out keyboard and stuck to the same touch screen as the iphone. and the droid is on a better network. but i dunno. if te droid looks more simple like the iphone, it would be no contest.

if you dont need a new phone right now i would hold off on buying something right now

android is planning on releasing v2.1 December 11th

and there are about 20 android phones in the works for the upcoming year... with very promising looking offerings from Samsung and HTC

as an OS Android is awesome... my only complaint with the Droid is the hardware (bulky, blocky, poorly designed slide out keyboard)... from what i am seeing in the works from other companies, that will be taken care of

i love the look and feel of the iphone. and its super simple to use, and has a ton of functionality. as well as LOTS of apps. but the droid is more customizable, has more free apps, and has GPS navigation (turn by turn). but it doesnt look as pretty or clean. honestly they should have done away with the flip out keyboard and stuck to the same touch screen as the iphone. and the droid is on a better network. but i dunno. if te droid looks more simple like the iphone, it would be no contest.

i really dont like the flipout key pad....thats why i like my lg Dare. the newer modle has a smaller screen and flip out key pad...... i like the droids OS and the screen isnt too small. but the flip out key pad = gay.

I just played with the android phones that the G-Staff here just got, and I have to say, I"m impressed. Lots. Srsly.

I'm thinking about ditching the iFail.

okay, the droid is badass the only thing i didnt like was it didnt have backup assistant on it so i had to put all my contacts in manually :(

iPhone ftmfw.

That is all.

Just don't drop the damn thing 50 times. And/or buy the insurance. I love my iphone. even after smashing one.

i love this droid lol and guess what... after i put all my contacts in manually i started playin around with it and found the damn backup assistant lol

I ended up going with a droid.

Just a heads up. If you add the contacts in your gmail account they will sync with your phone.
much easier to add all the information with a regular keyboard.

I ended up going with a droid.

Just a heads up. If you add the contacts in your gmail account they will sync with your phone.
much easier to add all the information with a regular keyboard.

Werd, gmail sync rocks. Pushes mail to the phone, syncs contacts, integrates my google voice account...
I love my HTC G1, and would love to have a Droid, but we don't have Verizon up here yet. My next phone will for sure be an Android phone. Brand me with your mark, dark lord. Take my soul google, you were gonna get it eventually.

Fuck the Droid, this is my next phone even if I have to switch to t-mobile to get it.
51314239.jpeg

if you dont need a new phone right now i would hold off on buying something right now

android is planning on releasing v2.1 December 11th

and there are about 20 android phones in the works for the upcoming year... with very promising looking offerings from Samsung and HTC

as an OS Android is awesome... my only complaint with the Droid is the hardware (bulky, blocky, poorly designed slide out keyboard)... from what i am seeing in the works from other companies, that will be taken care of
This is why 'll be getting the Nexus One. It's about the same size as the iPhone. It's got everything that's good about the Droid, packaged like an iPhone.
http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/23/exclusive-nexus-one-full-specs-detailed-invite-only-retail-sal/

Last edited:
Can't live without my physical keyboard, no thanks. That alone is why I'd get a droid over an iphone.

I don't understand the fear people have of not using a physical keyboard. I've had several in the past, good ones too. It did take a few days to get used to the keyboard on the iPhone, but now I'll never go back. The build quality is so much nicer when it doesn't have to split in half to separate along, along with the unit being able to be less bulky.

i hate on screen keyboards, i touch 2 or 3 things at a time instead of 1

I don't understand the fear people have of not using a physical keyboard. I've had several in the past, good ones too. It did take a few days to get used to the keyboard on the iPhone, but now I'll never go back. The build quality is so much nicer when it doesn't have to split in half to separate along, along with the unit being able to be less bulky.
With the G1, I have both, so ya, the use of it is not a problem, and I use the on screen board for most texting. My problem is the fact that the keyboard takes up most of the screen, so for any application such as web browsing, gaming, etc. where you need to press buttons while looking at the screen at the same time, it just doesn't work as well. You can't beat the ability to input without losing most of your screen. The on screen keyboard has it's place, and I use it, but I'll never give up a physical keyboard.
You can talk about how the added bulk of the keyboard isn't worth it, yada yada, My smartphone is smaller than the first cell phone I owned, and in a few years, phones with physical keys will be just as thin as the iPhone, but everyone will say it's not worth having the physical keys, because their iPhone 7G is as thin as a sheet of paper and they can roll it up and hide it in their ass.
The only thing I can imagine replacing physical keys is text to speech. The text to speech on the Android phones is decent, and I think the Dragon Naturally speaking app on the iPhone is slightly better. But, they all lag, and don't work reliably enough to be a valid replacement. Maybe in a few years text to speech will be refined enough for me to ditch my keyboard since it doesn't take up real estate on the display, but until then, trying to switch back and forth between display/keyboard is dumb.

Back