Mac's 94 DB8 project thread AKA: Project Aeris.. ITR stuff, body work.. ect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to create a new account to get these pics up.. Bandwidth exceeded.
I'll get the DIY up later ;).

Before:
IMG_7930.jpg

Halfway there:
IMG_7945.jpg

Almost:
IMG_7946.jpg

Yay!
IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

After: :)
IMG_7953.jpg

Pics of the interior will be up tonight ;)

I bet I know why it messed up the pics man. I bet you moved the pictures into a different folder in Photobucket... that screws it up every time.
Rehost 'em you lazy cracka! I know FULL well your sitting at work watching Borat right now...

body filler doesn't like to stick to anything less than an 80 grit scratch. I wouldn't have shaved the holes with fiberglass, but it's not necessarily a wrong way to do it. I am definatly liking the driving lights though. Sweet car dude.

Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric dye

Good stuff ;)

DANGER DANGER!!

The story:
As I was on my way home, there was a Semi truck driver who had pulled over on my side of the road, tightening straps.
So, I move over into the other lane, giving plenty of room so he's nice and safe. In the other lane, there were 4 or 5 cars coming, the first being a dump truck. I was in no danger but still, as I pulled back into my lane, I was thinking

" man, it sure would suck if I hit him head on"

And I noticed he was slowing down to turn. As I look back into my lane, out of the corner of my eye I see a freakin 4x4 piece of wood, around 10-12" long in my lane.. I had enough time to say " SH*TTTTTTTTTTTTTT" and ran it over.

I immediately pulled over and examined the damage, which was my lip torn.

Nothing else in the suspension seems to bemessed up, save for my front end alignment, which it pulls to the left fairly hard now :(

AND, to top it all off, I broke a belt or soething in my tire, thus the bulge (which was NOT ther before :( So, I have to get a new tire very soon :(

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

So this is what she looks like now :(
IMG_8033.jpg

And to top it all off.. Look what else I found :(:(:(
IMG_8039.jpg

See the bulge?
IMG_8034.jpg

Boo to wood laying in the road. I'm always so caution abotu hitting ANYTHING, and the time I do hit something it's a big freaking piece of wood.

I'm just happy it hit my tire and not the middle of my car.. no telling what it woudl have done to my oilpan or other various parts if I would have ran it over compeltely.

Man, I didn't know about the tire! that sucks!!
But, on the bright side, your lip lasted a LOT longer than we though it would!!

thats what you get for being slammed with a lip!!

i always liked it better w/o the lip ;) glad to hear that you're ok tho

Man, I didn't know about the tire! that sucks!!
But, on the bright side, your lip lasted a LOT longer than we though it would!!

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than I thought ;)

I raised it up another 1/2 to 5/8 yesterday too.... and since I have to get new tires... I'm SERIOUSLY contemplating on just buying GT3's now and get it over with.

NOPE.

If the guy comes through with buyin my leather seats... I'll sell my blades, roll around on Eli's SI's untill I get GT3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back