Mac's 94 DB8 project thread AKA: Project Aeris.. ITR stuff, body work.. ect

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it mang...

And, even though ppel havn't been asking on here.. I've got over 8000 hits on my thread n Honda-tech... Here's a lil DIY that I wrote for the plethora of pple who don't understand:
#1- How to purchase something online
#2- How to follwo directions without pictures
#3- Use their brain.

Enj0y.

mac_24_seven said:
As promised.. the pic of my gauge cluster. Sorry it's blurry.. It was taken w/a very nice canon digital SLR but I'm not the photographer in the family and I can;t take pics w/it at night.
So this'll have to do. Again, sorry it's blurry. This was the best out of five :p
IMG_7781.jpg

I'll get better pics when I get my gauges installed ( I'll have my wife do it =) )
**Edit**
I've had more PM's and questions about my gauge cluster than anything else.. SO, this is about as detailed of a walkthrough as you can get on buying these bulbs and the installation (which will be up shortly).

Step 1:
Click on this link..Single LED Wedge Base Bulbs
You'll go this the page...
Step1.jpg

If you can't figure out where to click from looking at the above pic, please, punch yourself in the face and repeat the above step.

Step 2:
Hopefully the face punchers will have figured out where to go after a few times. For the more intellegent ones in the populous, you were rewarded with the below page. Now, this is after some scrollage to the bottom, so don't panic of you don't see this right away.. Scroll to the bottom and your next step will be waiting.
Step2.jpg

If you can't figure out where to go on this page, call a friend, get him/her to come over and give them the honor/joy/pleasure of punching you in the face.

Step 3:
If your face isn't sore from getting hit, your doing good! If it is, well... Life is tough sometimes, but chicks dig scars and bruses heal :p
You'll be on this page by now (hopefully):
Step3-2.jpg

--Scroll down 13 items (the are item # 13)
--Click on the quantity.
--Type in 3
--Click on Add to cart
--If your done buying bulbs, pat yourself on the back and click on Check Out
If your still having trouble, go back to step one and repeat all face puncing. Call another friend if needed to help out.

Step 4:
Have your CC ready (must be 18 or older to order, have yor parents permission, blah blah blah) You will be on this page.
Step4.jpg

If everything looks good and again, your done buying LED's, click on the highlighted area in the pic. Unfortunately, if you don't know where to click, no amount of getting hit in the face will help you. Just go and die quietly in a lonely corner somewhere dark, damp and cold. But please, try not to make it messy. Think of the guy who's gotta clean it up, ok? Thanks.

Step 5:
You'll end up here:
Step5.jpg

Fill in the information and click verify order. You'll go to a confirmation page (if memory serves me correct). If evrything is good, hit process order or whatever to place your order. I think you've been trained well enough now to recognize what to click on. If directions were followed, only the elite have made it this far and all face punches are decaying quietly and without creating a mess.

Congrats! You've just bought you some Vtak LED's!!

The write up on the installation will come later this morning. Maybe 1 or 2 of you will be amused by my twisted humor.. I dunno :p I was bored =)

Enj0y!

Last edited:
OK.... Sorry for the craptacular pics, but they'll have to do.

Here goes my uber write up. If you can't do this w/this write up, never pick up a tool to work on your car EVER.

Step 1: What we need to be looking at. Simple enough, unless your blind. But then you don't need to be driving a car and surely could'nt care less about the color of an instrument cluster.
MVC-001S-1.jpg

Step 2: Remove the Bezel screws.
Again, pretty freaking self explanitory. You just need a kinda short screw driver.
MVC-002S-1.jpg

Step 3: Remove bezel and rejoice! Angels decended from heaven singing one long note when I removed mine.. you may not have the same experience. if not, a simple thumbs up to yourself will do.
MVC-003S-1.jpg

Step 4: Remove evil screws. I only took one pic, but there are 3 screws total. The one the cool white arrow is pointing at is kinda hard to see (impossible in the pic) but it's there.. Hiding.. Waiting for you to remove it and drop it into the depths of yoru dash (yes, I've lost a few screws doing this). There is another screw on the opposite side and one at the very top in the middle of the cluister.
MVC-004S.jpg

Step 5: Remove the cluster/make the bulbs accessable.
It's nice and warm here in FL and my car is parked in the sun, so the wires were soft and made this easy to do. I simply grabbed it (with my hands) and pulled it (using a whole bunch of muscles I have no clue the names of) and turned it (with the greatest skill and precision) so it looks like the below pic.
The cool white arrows are pointing to the locations of the (3) 194 bulbs that you need to remove/replace w/the LED's. Siply twist (using your hands again) the bulbs out and replace them w/the bulbs you previously learned how to buy. **Note** you need to have them in yoru possession before you attempt this**
MVC-006S.jpg

And there ya go! Simply do the reverse of everything you did to get it out, screw everything down and put the bezel back into place and yoru done!
A good idea would be to check and make sure your cluster lights up, since I had to fiddle w/ one of the bulbs because it wasnt getting a good connection.

And, on a side note.. I kinda did the same thing w/my climate control.. removing the orange paint stuff from the buttons w/a quetip and some nail polish remover. BE CAREFUL!! I removed too much on my original one and it looked like crap =( I actually dissassembled this thing and painted the bulbs blue. Not very bright, but it's got a cool hint of blue at night.
MVC-007S.jpg

There. Again, if you can't replace the bulbs after these 2 write ups... Do us all a favor..

DON'T HAVE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enj0y!

Ba ha ha ha!! Hilarious write up man, definitely appreciated your humor!

Oh, by the way, did you use the white LEDs or the blue?? I don't think you ever actually said, but you've got the white one circled in the pics, so just thought I would ask. I was thinking of doing the same to my cluster and I really like how yours turned out.

Last edited:
Umm... Look at the first picture again...

Well yeah, I mean obviously I'd guess blue from the picture, but in the little write up with the screen shots it showed him purchasing white bulbs.

Just a question...sorry, didn't mean to be one of the tards he was making fun of in the write up, lol...

wow, that was a great how to. makes me want blue bulbs now. i don't even have an integra.

Ya know.. It kinda makes me happy that I've posted something that pple have thought was cool and are doing it themselves. Even though it's such a simple thing.. It's cool and makes me feel like less of a loser. :p

I hope everybody who does this, likes it. I know anybody who has seen my cluster has complimented it. I would imagine you will get the same response.

I'll do my best to get non-blurry pics tonight ;)

And an update.. <sighs> no matter WHAT you read online, 16" GT3's weigh 16.7 lbs no the 14 I had read.
Thus, they weigh the same as Drag DR16's (Drag says they're a 1/2 lb lighter than the Rota's actually)

Regardless... I'm either buying the wheels from a seller on Honda-Tech if he'll match/beat the price from this n00b on teh Ebay.

The tires are going to come from Discount Tire... BUT, pay attention now. Discount tire will MATCH AND BEAT (at least the one locally anyway) any price from the competition by $25.00!! which is very cool.

Online tires is the competition quote ($257.93 shipping included) I'm giving Discount tires. No, Hankook's aren't the best tires by far, but I wore on those Yoko ES 100's pretty dang quick so I'll live with a harder compound tire. Plus, all this is kinda un-expected.

So, I'm looking at:

$405.00 for the 16" "GT3's"
$232.93 FOR THE 205/45 Hankooks
$30.00 for lugs
$32.00 mount/balance

I've been offered $250.00 for my blades AND $250.00 for my leathers and I'll have $190.00 in the bank tomorrow.. So out of pocket extra that I'll have to caugh up right now is only $10.00-$20.00 ;)

So tell me.. Who's your wheelin and dealin daddy?!!!!!
epitaph.jpg

Thats right ;)

Yours man.. Last time she was over :)

Pics as promised... Took a VERY steady hand and ALOT of wasted pics, but I got em ;)

I'll post a few more later this weekend/tomorrow maybe. Photoghaybucket is being.. well, gay.

Enj0y!

Day:
DSCN2316.jpg

Night:
DSCN2330.jpg

Day:
DSCN2317.jpg

Night:
DSCN2329.jpg

Sexy, isn't it?

It's been freaking dreary and rainy in FL the past 3 days... MAYBE the sun will come out.
Untill then.. How about a picTar or 2 ;)

Notice the pants.... More details on that when I do the write up a lil later :crook: :p Just keep in mind how manly it is to be painting :p
DSCN2403.jpg

Booo.. red :thumbdown: The engine is the old 351 windsor that was in my truck w/an ET Drag keeping the engine stand from moving ;)
DSCN2383.jpg

Oh SnAp!!!!!!!
DSCN2396.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back