Magana559's High comp LS build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I looked up probe and they seem to make a shitload of V8 pistons, Also seem to be a good brand, Not to meantion they are forged.

I think that they came out in the late 80's or early 90's
I started hearing of them and SRP around the same time. And at around 200$ cheaper than Wiesco's or JE's etc, they look pretty good for a 'budget' build

When I called the guy selling them on Ebay, he said the tolerence was around .003-4. I've never bothered with short skirts (on pistons that is) but I'd doubt that you would get much noise with that distance. In addition, at a high comp it shouldn't take to long to heat up and quiet things down.

I did pull apart a couple Olds 215's and the pistons had NO scalop skirt shape. Just a round slug all the way down..

E

Last edited:
Ahh I let my thread be jacked!

Lets make another thread so this one stays on topic.

I- sorry.. I just wanted to learn from your build. I didn't mean to jack.
I like to ask and see what others know and compare to myself to see if I missed something important or learn a trick or two..
And since I'm going in your direction of High compression, I'll just read along.

E

No prob man, Lets just make another thread. Or you can PM me but It would be better to start another thread so others can learn aswell. :thumbsup:

lol I wish.

Now what do you guys think of chamfered oiling holes on the crank? Im thinking of having this done to my crank.

Oh Shit! I scored big! Balanced crank!

GEDC0069.jpg

GEDC0070.jpg

GEDC0071.jpg

GEDC0072.jpg

Ok well im in a bit of a bunch, I want crower 404's but my tuner has a set of 403's for $200. And he will throw in a sk2 intake mani for $100 when I buy his cams.

I was wondering how much HP will I lose if I us a 403 and not a 404?

well im gonna pick up the cams on monday and see what we hit.

Damn....everyone get a boner form a high-comp build! LMAO. I love me some JG....old school like Gude lol. They definitely have the LS PnP down to a solid science. Their cams are good too....and like you said....N2O makes JG heads happy!. Old School Cyber Racing (what cha know 'bout that?) with their side drafts and 120hp shot of N20 hitting 140mph+ in the 1/4 (but only low 11's) and this is back in 96-97. They had a CRX and a DA Teggy....both fast and....well....furious!

So its all together Magana559? Going in the teggy?

Back