Magana559's High comp LS build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GEDC0212-1.jpg

GEDC0216.jpg

GEDC0215.jpg

GEDC0213.jpg

GEDC0212.jpg

GEDC0211.jpg

GEDC0210.jpg

GEDC0209.jpg

GEDC0208.jpg

GEDC0207.jpg

GEDC0206.jpg

GEDC0205.jpg

GEDC0197.jpg

GEDC0196.jpg

GEDC0191.jpg

bought the exhaust valve from SIvalves through a local distributor. They dont sell 1 to the public but they do sell 8 intake 8 exhaust or a set of 16.

Valve was $11 plus shipping. Local shop sold it to me for 26$ lol

Picked up some high quality autozone 30w non detergent oil lol and 3 OEM filters for the break in.
All that I need is a magnet to put on the oil filter and one on the oil pan.

Next is a Dyno break in and tune! I'm super excited!

lol that green shit is redline assembly lube.

No its really not. It was in so I didnt want to fuck with it and my machinist agreed that leaving it in was the best thing to do.

Tune is payed for and it should be in and tuned by Friday! if all goes well that is!

Well ran into some issues! We dont have a spring compressor that will fit the non-vtec heads :(

So we have to take it into the machine shop and see if they can get it done by this weekend.

Springs installed!

All I need to do now is set valve lash, Install crank pulley, add TB, and TUNE!!!

about 6 o'clock Pacific time there should be a vid of dyno tuning and of course NUMBERS!

Keep in mind I have a smashed to shit ebay Header.

PICS!

0521001143.jpg

0521000939a.jpg

0521000939.jpg

Awesome.

Shouldn't you break it in before 8000 RPM dyno runs?

Break in on the dyno, no smoke! But I did develop a pretty bad oil leak on the dyno, Tom was cool and let me finish tuning.

Hit 167WHP torque is unknown because the computer kept fucking up.

Ill get videos up soon, I borrowed my sis camera so I cant upload untill later.

Pretty nice numbers. Should be putting you into the low 14's or maybe even high 13's at the track....on street tires. Slicks....who knows

Back