Magana559's High comp LS build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nice......It'll be running soon? What ended up happening with the Crank? Are you keeping it or throwing a stock LS crank in it?

Maybe I'll make a trip to check it out when I get the cams and stuff installed with an ECU. Figure I might get a dyno/tune at Revspeed. I should have it all going in April. Shooting for 160whp+....+....+...???? lmao

It should be running by late april or early may, was shooting for march but from the looks....it aint gonna happen! lol

crank was fine, just had to be ballanced and polished. Sadly I dont ahve this at my place, its at a friends house, lives about 40 mins away. Im sure he wont mind if we go a day when hes off work.

I do belive you should hit 160whp, I hit 150 with just bolt-on's and no cams, let me know when your gonna get your engine tuned, Tom is a kickass guy and hes super cheap!

Talked to the ECU guy today, he even had a B16 with bolt ons and a chipped ECU tune out a few times and hit 161whp......whoa, gifted motor....?...but I figure that is an exception to the rule rather then the rule lol

lol. well Tom called my motor a freak motor because he never seen a B16 hit 150whp on his dyno. He had a Fresh rebuilt GSR hit 130whp some nights before!

I do see you hitting 160whp, its a low mile b16 with bolt-on's and ctr cams. What exhaust are you using? I have 2.5" from the header(no cat) to the axle back and then 2" from the axleback to the muffle.

Tom told me i could have picked up another 5 or so whp if I would run a straight pipe, but we both agreed that it would sound like ass and be loud as fuck.

check out his youtube account. Its revspeed559.

I have a DC 4-1, 2.25"....I think the cat I have now is 2.25" plus my mandrel bent Trust piping and a dynomax thats all 2.25". I have the stock OEM air filter box/pipe with a K&N and the Hondata IM gasket. Plus I still have my old short ram with filter that I will most likely use in the dyno too. With the camshafts/ECU/tune/cam gears.....I will be a little bumb'd out if it don't hit 160whp+

if the exhaust flows nice and clean then you dont have a problem.

hondata Intake mani gasket...well it dosent do much lol

use the short ram intake, clean the filter, change your oil, and buy a new pack of NGK v-power stock replacements. install the plugs right before you tune it. Also check your timing with a timing light. has to be at 16 degrees. and of course use top tier premium gas with no ethanol. (there is one by toms shop)

all that will increase your chances at hitting your hp goal.

wating for the vid bro

and I will put a new ring in this week

15 inch is good but 16 have a better looking

but I hire it will kill the car in high way

is that right and what is better?

Im waiting on money lol, we have been having problems with getting right sized bearings, they screwed up our order twice so we are just gonna get the bearings coated to add a extra thousandths to bring us withing spec.

Im gonna order a oem timing belt this week, get a tensioner from the junk yard, order a jumper for my dizzy and maybe get my head machined and have the valves cleaned up. all after April 6th.

Both are good wheel size, I personally like 15" wheels better because Its less of a chance of wheel hop. but you get much better tire selection on 16" wheels. double edge sward.

If you can, ask to get the valves 'back-cut' (they'll understand)
I think I gots an extra tensioner.? You want?
D O N ' T clean one with solvent!! They aren't totally sealed.
And check the spring under the plastic sleeve. It never has happened to me but, they could snap. Some of the Prelude SI's and accords had that problem.
Run a fine rat-tail file across the edge (out and down) on the teeth of the "cogs" like on the water pump(if it's new) So you don't make a cut under where you can't see.
I found that a 1.5"w putty knife would fit right in the opposing slots of the cam gears when you get them @TDC, and it would hold them nicely until you could slide the belt over. Or you can do the same with some 1/8" flatstock too.
It's alot better than trying to hold both cams with wrenches AND try to pry the belt over them without loosing the place.

E

"back cut" is that like a 3 angle valve job?

Well, Im gonna pick em up at the junk yard....ill pocket it. im gonna pay for a Oil pan anyway.

Cool, Ill keep that in mind. I would hate to chew up a new belt.

Back-cutting is between the valves 45 and the stem, you would cut another angle lowering the top (highest point)of the 45 down some to blend it better.
!
/--! (I know.. It's the best I can do) You would take that high spot off the top of the 'slash' to get it closer to the 'hyphens' (the !'s are the stem)

It's one of those things that you have to ask.. "IS IT REALLY GONNA HELP THIS PARTICULAR BUILD?"

Some say that they can notice gains, some can't.. I don't think that a builder is gonna dyno each and every step to see what did what. Well, maybe a Formula-1 team.

I just like to help low-lift flow, 'cause I don't see high rpms that much anymore.

E

Last edited:
Ah I see, Well i really dont want to mess with the flow of this head, It flows really well. I had my buddy (one that's assembling and also ports heads himself) check it out and he said that they did a hell of a job. Told me not to do anything else to mess with the flow.

bottom end almost done!

IMG00251.jpg

haee magana

I search for a vtec head and I didn't found , so I must buy a hol engine

so what you see better and has a good price

b18c1 or h22 or stay in b18b or other

sorry for nose

Look for a gsr head. Look in the FS here and FS in honda-tech.com

good price for a head with all the goodies is 200-400 depending how it looks.

H22 wont fit.

Dropped the head off to get a 3angle valve job and have the valves media blasted (walnut shell/glass bead).

Are 'they' gonna install the valves?
Use some fine 'emery-cloth' and de-burr the tops of the stems before you install them thru the seals.(kinda like "chalking up a billiard cue")

All it takes is a couple of slight cuts to start a small leak. At first one thinks that "OH, it's just breaking in" and then they just keep loosing oil somewhere, not knowing that it's getting burned up clogging the o2 and cat..
Some shops cover the stem with a small cap that looks like a tapered straw until it passes the seal.

I bet your chompin at the bit waiting.. I'm excited for ya too.

I've had a couple of issues here and hope to sell a 91 HF roller to pay for some mounts and stuff.
Got my DA rods small ends milled and the pistons should be on the rods as we speak.

Just dont forget things like me.. Write stuff down of what you did so you don't wonder "what the heck!! Did I miss _____".
Some of my builds go for soo long that I can't remember which car I did what to.

E

Thank

yesterday i found a b16a head with water pump , oil pump and rod bolt about 300$ but with out b16a cams can I use a b18b cams on b16a head ?

Last edited:
Are 'they' gonna install the valves?
Use some fine 'emery-cloth' and de-burr the tops of the stems before you install them thru the seals.(kinda like "chalking up a billiard cue")

All it takes is a couple of slight cuts to start a small leak. At first one thinks that "OH, it's just breaking in" and then they just keep loosing oil somewhere, not knowing that it's getting burned up clogging the o2 and cat..
Some shops cover the stem with a small cap that looks like a tapered straw until it passes the seal.

I bet your chompin at the bit waiting.. I'm excited for ya too.

I've had a couple of issues here and hope to sell a 91 HF roller to pay for some mounts and stuff.
Got my DA rods small ends milled and the pistons should be on the rods as we speak.

Just dont forget things like me.. Write stuff down of what you did so you don't wonder "what the heck!! Did I miss _____".
Some of my builds go for soo long that I can't remember which car I did what to.

E

nope, Im gonna get the valves on the head. Ill do that, I dont want any issues with this build.....but I have one bent valve. so that set me back.

Dont really need to worry about the O2 sensor or the cat....I dont have them lol!

im really bummed that i have to wait untill i can buy a single exhaust valve! :mad:

Let me post pics of the head.

Back