martial arts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you should study under the school of "anything goes 240sx motor swapping"

;)

im tryin to get into that school. its an expensive one though. and i dont want to start as a red maroon or tan belt. i want to start as a grey blue or white belt.

Originally posted by Blanco+May 9 2005, 09:17 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 9 2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Blanco@May 9 2005, 08:04 AM
Krav Maga is insanely effective. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going into armed security work, though.
[post=496856]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? I mean yea, it is for nothing other than disabling opponents, but like you said, it's real effective, and nice and basic.
[post=496885]Quoted post[/post]​

Callidus
@May 9 2005, 07:40 AM
Krav Maga sounds like something a bit too dangerous for someone who just wants to learn how to fight.
[post=496901]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I feel that it's just too dangerous for 99% of American civillians. It doesn't teach the philosophy of use like a traditional martial art, instead it only teaches the physical. Imagine someone with a short temper, and possibly drunk, with Krav Maga skills. A trained martial artist will, more likely than not, just walk away from the fight. Someone who was only trained to fight will jump right in and abuse their skills.
[post=497046]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, I guess it is a pretty dangerous thing if you aren't a controled person. My brother said that at least once a week just sparing a bone gets broken, or teeth knocked out (not his, just in general).

My roommate has studied Judo for about 8 years or so. He's competed (and won) at a national level several times. Although it's mainly used for sport, it doesn't take much to adapt its techniques to a real life situation. He really enjoys it. Personally I think it's all about preference and your physical ability. Find something that you have good chemistry with and get into it. Eat it up, take all you can get. Don't half ass anything when it comes to martial arts.

if you are thinking of judo, it is good to learn it alog side ju jitsu or aikido or both... they work off of eachother very well
many judo schools that i have seen do also teach the other 2 styles

Back