Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a CC from STCU that has a 500$ limit. had it for a little over a year now. mostly use it for online purchases and sometimes gas/hotels etc. its nice to have, but i dont think CC's do much for credit.

thats odd. is there any oil underneath the engine where the transmission and block meet?

i have a CC from STCU that has a 500$ limit. had it for a little over a year now. mostly use it for online purchases and sometimes gas/hotels etc. its nice to have, but i dont think CC's do much for credit.

thats odd. is there any oil underneath the engine where the transmission and block meet?

What do you think is the best way to build credit?

Yea, I just want it to stop leaking you know? Just put that D15b in there about 10k ago. I've driven it fairly hard. Not ridiculously hard, at least I don't think so... Last time I took it autocrossing ran it all the way out to the rev limiter almost every time around the course and I did 30+ runs...

When I look at the bottom of the engine/transmission it looks like there is a little bit of oil that is gathering down there at the lowest point. There is also a little bit of oil coming from the oil drain bolt, obviously that is because I need a new crush washer though.

What do you think is the best way to build credit?

Yea, I just want it to stop leaking you know? Just put that D15b in there about 10k ago. I've driven it fairly hard. Not ridiculously hard, at least I don't think so... Last time I took it autocrossing ran it all the way out to the rev limiter almost every time around the course and I did 30+ runs...

When I look at the bottom of the engine/transmission it looks like there is a little bit of oil that is gathering down there at the lowest point. There is also a little bit of oil coming from the oil drain bolt, obviously that is because I need a new crush washer though.

ive had a few friends that have made purchases at Best Buy and paid them off early or instantly, have paid off multiple cars, and have a CC, and have immaculate credit. So i guess a combination of those? I'm honestly not too sure though.

It almost sounds like your rear main could be leaking. Is there a service plate on the bottom of the D-Series? I cant remember.

Chaz sounds like maybe the valve cover or head is leaking.... And to build credit fast go get some cc from sears, best buy, and maybe a capitol one.. Just pay them off early, just keep doing that over and over...

Matt I see what your saying about the car, at least your thinking the right way about you future...

Ditto. I WILL be canabalizing my Si for an EF hatch as soon as I find a suitable transplantee.

Chaz sounds like maybe the valve cover or head is leaking.... And to build credit fast go get some cc from sears, best buy, and maybe a capitol one.. Just pay them off early, just keep doing that over and over...

Matt I see what your saying about the car, at least your thinking the right way about you future...
i have a macy's card for buying watches. lol i just put it on the card and pay the balance at the same time.
<-- needs a CRX. Thinking about an EF hatch though.
i need a crx too. just hard to find in decent enough shape. i wouldnt be opposed to re-spraying one and rebuilding the engine, but i cant even find one suitable for that :(
Ditto. I WILL be canabalizing my Si for an EF hatch as soon as I find a suitable transplantee.
annnnnnnnnd this of course right after i get that grille? :D

If you don't find one first. lol When I do find one, I'm stripping whatever I can get money out of then using what's left as target practice for the M4.

Last edited:
lol, Even if you really wanted it, you'd have to come all the way out here and drag it all the way back out there. A beat up Si just aint worth it in my book. If I had enough will left to fix this thing, I would. But goddamnit Im just so tired of it though I wish I wasnt.

I think I really need to shoot it so it'll let go of the part of my soul it has sucked out of me.

Just a kinda pushed in left rear quarter and the recent front end damage. oh and a lopped off mirror. but that's enough of an eyesore for me to lose interest after the shit its put me through.

Oh and yes its a clean title, I just have to find it. Haha

Last edited:
i need a crx too. just hard to find in decent enough shape. i wouldnt be opposed to re-spraying one and rebuilding the engine, but i cant even find one suitable for that :(

I just need a semi-straight shell. Going to do quite a bit of surgery, so running doesn't matter too much. I know where to get a cherry one, but that might have to wait a few months until after I sell the Hardbody.

I just need a semi-straight shell. Going to do quite a bit of surgery, so running doesn't matter too much. I know where to get a cherry one, but that might have to wait a few months until after I sell the Hardbody.

id be willing to pay in excess of 3k for one with a straight body and a running engine, regardless of everything else. i just want something semi clean. no surgery done on mine, just a gas mileage car. clean and simple.

I want a CRX too. Every single one around here seems like it's been molested beyond all repair or been beat to shit.

Back