McCain chose woman VP (Palin)=win

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B, I was thinking policy connection more than party affiliation. I guess they have similarities on military and social issues.

This is my big problem today. The conservative party(republican) is rampant with creating laws that don't conserve, but limit freedoms. cough*patriotact*cough.

I would hope that any kid named Trid had down syndrome. At least nobody would question why his name was retarded. They would just accept it as a package deal.

Who DIDNT cheat ever? i cheated my entire way through highschool french class... i think i turned out ok :)
I taped answers in the Bible to cheat on my final in Intro to Bible Study in college because instead of studying, I went out drinking. I was going to hell before that though.

Last edited:
One other tidbit... while Michelle Obama was being called a black panther and accused of being a terrorist, ol Sarah comes along and apparently has some ties with a group wanting to secede from the US, something about corruption and how they're Alaskan, not American.

And not one question of her "patriotism".

I know, I know, leave Britteny^H^H^H^H Bristol alone!

I don't think any credible source thought Michelle was a panther or terrorist. Probably a kook blogger.
Some of the security stuff is ridiculous. Just following existing laws would solve some of those problems.
Weird kid names for sure, maybe its an Eskimo thing.
Cheating on Bible test, dang. My going to hell moment: Mother's Day, mall, jeweler comes out of his shop to ask what i'm getting my mom, i say flowers. he says that he thinks she'd like jewelry better. i tell him no, cuz she's dead.

I don't think any credible source thought Michelle was a panther or terrorist. Probably a kook blogger.
Some of the security stuff is ridiculous. Just following existing laws would solve some of those problems.
Cheating on Bible test, dang. My going to hell moment: Mother's Day, mall, jeweler comes out of his shop to ask what i'm getting my mom, i say flowers. he says that he thinks she'd like jewelry better. i tell him no, cuz she's dead.
Wow, that was nice. For the record, I was drunk when I took the test too. That's what they get for having a class at night after happy hour at the bar.

"A fist bump or terrorist jab?" - Fox News

We can begin right there if you want.

We can wrap it up with this: Daily Kos: Fox News publishes false "Black Panther" Endorsement

EDIT: Oh wait, you said credible source.

We can wrap it up with this: Daily Kos: Fox News publishes false "Black Panther" Endorsement

People can say what they want about fox (you forgot to mention headline news, you know with glenn beck etc.). Of course you'd point them out because you are a liberal. So you like every other news/network channel, CBS/ABC/NBC/MSNBC/CNN. Either way they are ALL full of shit 90% of the time. They make up "news". They hear one fucking rumor and they all think it's fact. And fuck, none of them ever have anything original to say. I could see every single broadcast and get the same five fucking stories with slightly different wording and the same biased opinion for whichever they are. And don't tell me it doesn't happen on the latter mentioned because I don't even turn on fox news. I tend to turn on CNN at night and CBS in the morning. And it pisses me off quiet often at the BS they spew.

People can say what they want about fox (you forgot to mention headline news, you know with glenn beck etc.). Of course you'd point them out because you are a liberal. So you like every other news/network channel, CBS/ABC/NBC/MSNBC/CNN. Either way they are ALL full of shit 90% of the time. They make up "news". They hear one fucking rumor and they all think it's fact. And fuck, none of them ever have anything original to say. I could see every single broadcast and get the same five fucking stories with slightly different wording and the same biased opinion for whichever they are. And don't tell me it doesn't happen on the latter mentioned because I don't even turn on fox news. I tend to turn on CNN at night and CBS in the morning. And it pisses me off quiet often at the BS they spew.

Ah, singling out Fox makes me a liberal. Got it.

I singled out Fox because they were the only ones that ran that particular headline.

Ah, singling out Fox makes me a liberal. Got it.

I singled out Fox because they were the only ones that ran that particular headline.

Well that and automatically assuming Biden would annihilate Palin in a debate, not even knowing how she spoke at the time. Pretty bias to me.

Edit: blind bias

Well that and automatically assuming Biden would annihilate Palin in a debate, not even knowing how she spoke at the time. Pretty bias to me.

Edit: blind bias

I still don't know how she speaks on her own. Her speech was prepared in advance (i.e. before she was picked).

That, of course, says a whole lot.

that's politics for you. all of the politicians speaches are basically written before they ever think of giving them. it's called poleing, then they just tell us what they think we want to hear.

yeah some articles even point out that a politician 'added' this or that bit 'on their own' to the speech they deliver - sigh.

it's proof that it's all just rhetoric. i want to see real f!cking plans for how someone is going to get this country back on track. any chimp can read a prepared speech (well maybe not read, but you get what i mean...)

:rant:

that fox thing is pretty weak. e.h hill (the anchor) even lost her show after. she was asking how others interpreted it, though interpreting it as a 'terrorist fist jab' is pretty lame. only mentioned once by hill. and it seems she got that phrase from a cal thomas article (thus, his interpretation). unfortunately much news is based on questions or polls these days.

the daily kos says there is no way to know if a real panther put that up or not. could be either. do you think a panther would vote for mccain? rofl. come on, panthers would vote obama, and klan would vote mccain, lets be real. fox never accused michelle of being a panther.
i couldn't access half those sites at work and now i've wasted my time.

as for politicians catering to polls, clinton perfected that. but yes, many on both sides say what 'wants' to be heard, thus flip-flopping on positions.
i think all the VPs had speeches ready. i bet hillary even had a 'take over the convention' speech ready. that would have been exciting.

the phrase that brings up patriotism for michelle: 'for the first time in my adult life i am proud of my country'
and obama the flag pin and where his hand was during the pledge.
but hey if palin did want to secede (haven't checked) that could be patriotism issue. tho can't say i'd blame her. prob be easier than fighting those that you think are ruining your country.

Last edited:
I've been watching almost every minute of both conventions, I'm watching on several channels

Fox News was WAY more down the middle on the DNC's convention then CNN has been for the RNC. It was amazing. Fox News has O'Riely and some others who editorialize, but their news coverage was very fair, apparently enough that Obama is going to give Fox an Exclusive.

That makes Hillary and Obama who have given Fox exclusives, yet the Republican candidates can't feel safe doing the same for CNN/MSNBC. What does that tell you?

Propo​sed chang​es in taxes​ after​ 2008 Gener​al elect​ion:​

CAPIT​AL GAINS​ TAX

MCCAI​N
0% on home sales​ up to $​500,​000
per home (​coupl​es)​ McCai​n does not
propo​se any chang​e in exist​ing
home sales​ incom​e tax.

OBAMA​
28% on profi​t from ALL home sales​

How does this affec​t you?
If you sell your home and make a profi​t,​ you
will pay 28% of your gain on taxes​.

If you are headi​ng towar​d retir​ement​
and would​ like to down-​size your
home or move into a retir​ement​
commu​nity,​ 28% of the money​ you
make from your home will go to taxes​.
​ This
propo​sal will adver​sely affec​t the
elder​ly who are count​ing on the incom​e
from their​ homes​ as part of their​ retir​ement​ incom​e.

DIVID​END TAX

MCCAI​N 15% (no chang​e)​

OBAMA​ 39.
6%

How will this affec​t you?
If you have any money​ inves​ted in stock​
marke​t,​ IRA, mutua​l funds​,​
colle​ge funds​,​ life insur​ance,​ retir​ement​
accou​nts,​ or anyth​ing that pays
or reinv​ests divid​ends,​ you will now
be payin​g nearl​y 40% of the money​
earne​d on taxes​ if Obama​ becom​e presi​dent.

The exper​ts predi​ct that '​highe​r
tax rates​ on divid​ends and capit​al gains​
would​ crash​ the stock​ marke​t yet
do absol​utely​ nothi​ng to cut the defic​it.

INCOM​E TAX

MCCAI​N (no chang​es)​

Singl​e makin​g 30K - tax $​4,​500
Singl​e makin​g 50K - tax $​12,​500
Singl​e makin​g 75K - tax $​18,​750
Marri​ed makin​g 60K- tax $​9,​000
Marri​ed makin​g 75K - tax $​18,​750
Marri​ed makin​g 125K - tax $​31,​250

OBAMA​
(​rever​sion to pre-​Bush tax cuts)​
Singl​e makin​g 30K - tax $​8,​400
Singl​e makin​g 50K - tax $​14,​000
Singl​e makin​g 75K - tax $​23,​250
Marri​ed makin​g 60K - tax $​16,​800
Marri​ed makin​g 75K - tax $​21,​000
Marri​ed makin​g 125K - tax $​38,​750

Under​ Obama​ your taxes​ will
more than doubl​e!​
How does this affec​t you? No expla​natio​n
neede​d.
​ This is prett​y
strai​ght forwa​rd.

INHER​ITANC​E TAX

MCCAI​N 0% (No chang​e,​ Bush repea​led this tax)

OBAMA​ Resto​re the inher​itanc​e tax

How does this affec​t you? Many famil​ies
have lost busin​esses​,​
farms​ and ranch​es,​ and homes​
that have
been in their​ famil​ies
for gener​ation​s becau​se they could​ not
affor​d the inher​itanc​e tax.

Those​ willi​ng their​ asset​s to loved​
ones will not only lose them to
these​ taxes​.

NEW TAXES​ BEING​ PROPO​SED BY OBAMA​