Murdersled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nonono, I know a guy who's a hoarder and has about 20-30 of these motors in vehicles sitting around.

I think a budget 5.3 LS motor would be a better option. A 6.0 would be nice if you can find one cheap enough.

As cool as that would be, I still throw up in my mouth a little every time I see a Chevy powered Ford.

Its usually a waste of a Ford. :)

iFail. Forgot what we were looking at. 4.6 out of a Cab or something? Same principal, same opportunities.

4BT with a shit load of boosts, theyre small and super easy to swap because they dont have any fancy computer stuff on em.

4BT with a shit load of boosts, theyre small and super easy to swap because they dont have any fancy computer stuff on em.

Might as well go SVO turbo 2.3L. Double the HP output off the bat. And at least then, its still a Ford powered Ford lol.

I'm torn down and ready for the head to come off. And I'm (quite literally) stuck at getting the head off. I've pried up, tapped it with a hammer, I'm not really sure what I'm going to have to do to get this head off.

In short... how the fuck do I get a stuck head off?

Last edited:
dynamite.jpg

I'm torn down and ready for the head to come off. And I'm (quite literally) stuck at getting the head off. I've pried up, tapped it with a hammer, I'm not really sure what I'm going to have to do to get this head off.

In short... how the fuck do I get a stuck head off?
Don't know what the setup is, in vehicle or on engine stand. I would consider a slide hammer setup.

Herp derp derp. They put head bolts not under the valve cover. It all makes sense now. Now where the hell did I put my 13/16?

Yeah, I've never worked on a V motor, other than a v-twin and my service manual said take out 10 bolts. I assumed they meant the 5 under the valve cover and 5 in the valley pan.

Ahh, I gotcha. Didnt know those had bolts in the valley too.

Back