my LS/VTEC 1/4 mile time slip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

could it be the tires? and isnt a stock itr faster than that?

a stock ITR will hit a 14.8 to 15.1 I guess depending on the driver, tires, weather, and other track conditions.

Man. I don't expect much more than a 15.4 out of an LS/VTEC. But hey. High 14s wouldn't be bad either.

Stock ITRs run like a 14.6-14.8. I know they aren't much faster than that cuz a Mustang GT will smoke them in a straight line. But get that ITR on the road course and you have one BADMAMAJAMMA!!! It should be the best lateral grip FWD on god's green earth in stock form. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it pulls .92 Gs.

How in the hell can you get much better than a 2.2 60' on street tires. The H22 Civic I raced before had a 2.3. I launched at 2500 rpm. I just dumped the clutch (and that will explain quite a bit) but it's not getting much better on stock 14" street tires. Final time was a 14.3 @ 100 and my RT was a .502. That .502 was only my 4th run at the strip. :p The other three were .571, .479, and .693. Not TOO bad. .479 was redlight though. :(

Originally posted by chingro@Nov 28 2003, 12:17 AM
sorry but high 14's with my setup is not possible.......
stock ITR runs high 14's low 15's

i have hit 14's before on previous hondas i have owned.....

actually, my bro's gsr run hit 14.4's stock with a clutch, please don't take me this as me being an ass but you probably need to work a little on your driving, my friend with the gsr is now a professional driver in the all motor class, and i can tell you my et's improved by over a second after a couple times after a track, driving isn't something that you just have or not, its a sport which requires practice, from your rt it seems like this is was probably your first time out, just have somebody give you some advice, theres a lot of stuff to be learned, a real easy one is just to leave on the last amber (i assuming your not running a pro light) instead of the green, you'll be hitting the .5xx-.6xx range instead of the 1.xxx, don't get discouraged though

Originally posted by chingro@Nov 27 2003, 11:43 PM
(i post this somewhere else before ) a LS/VTEC with a stock block and stock head, WILL not be faster than a GSR.

Why not? It's higher compression, more displacement, and just as much head flow... So what's your reasoning behind this?

You have the GSR tranny, so that's not the issue.

IMHO, you should be running at least high 14's with the mods you have.

Driving skillz pwnz joo!!!!

:fr: :kick: :lol:

even though everyone else has already stated this... just get more time at the track... my friend went from running 15s all day down to consistant 14.4s ocaasional 14.3s in his hatch... no mods... just developing new driver techniques... but hey props for actually going to the track and running :thumbsup:

Originally posted by brntorangehatch@Dec 26 2003, 08:23 PM
even though everyone else has already stated this... just get more time at the track... my friend went from running 15s all day down to consistant 14.4s ocaasional 14.3s in his hatch... no mods... just developing new driver techniques... but hey props for actually going to the track and running :thumbsup:

:werd do you know how many ricers there are that have there mommies money and don't know how to drive???? I hate Ricers.

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Dec 23 2003, 06:39 AM-->
@Nov 27 2003, 11:43 PM
(i post this somewhere else before ) a LS/VTEC with a stock block and stock head, WILL not be faster than a GSR.

Why not? It's higher compression, more displacement, and just as much head flow... So what's your reasoning behind this?

You have the GSR tranny, so that's not the issue.

IMHO, you should be running at least high 14's with the mods you have.

Driving skillz pwnz joo!!!!

:fr: :kick: :lol:

I agree with that statement.
His head is stock and that thinner head gasket will not raise compression that much, the gsr still has higher compression. The gsr head flows better then the b16 head. I think mid 15's with average driving is attainable.

B16a and B18c1 heads flow just about identically over all, the difference is negligible. If the GSR head flowed better than a B16a, why would Honda have used it as the basis of the ITR head? I'd think they woul dhave minorly ported the p72 head if this was a fact...

Show me a test where the difference in the heads was more than 2%, and I'll show you a faulty flowbench.

my take on this is:

i owned a 98 Integra LS..(Bone Ass Stock)..i think i had a DC Sport Shifter knob..j/k...

and i would run low 16's daily..LS can run faster STOCK without a B16A HEAD then what u posted..so something isnt right..its either the CAR or the DRIVER..

and i mean no disrespect..im just being honest..

u should be in the high 14's low 15's...just my opinion..

chingro, i'm not trying to be a dick or anything but either your fuckin racing up hill or u have bad fucking tranny problems. but any ways i ran my car last night to and here is my slip

--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
TEXAS MOTORPLEX
9:23PM
26/NOV/2003

CAR#214B
CLASS...

DIAL...12.42
R/T....870
60'...1.846
1/8...8.096
MPH...86.73
1/4...12.644<<WIN
MPH...108.47
-----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------- :worthy:

:werd do you know how many ricers there are that have there mommies money and don't know how to drive???? I hate Ricers.

So what if some kids get their parents money and are spoiled. Life's not fair. And if he was getting money handed to him he SHOULD have gotten a Type-R. :) So atleast he is putting money into power rather than neon lights and shiftknobs. I still say low 15 is attainable.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 22 2003, 01:00 AM
anyone who has hit a better time in a stock itr , feel free to correct me.

I have an ITR, but drag racing's not really my bag (road racing is what the car is for dammit).

anyways, sorry to burst yer bubble:

"I'd a [sic]13 isn't out of the Question. I ran a 13.83 with my R with full interior no spare and an AEM and JDM 4-1 on stock exhaust. "

(trey on itrca)

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Dec 27 2003, 06:13 PM

atleast he is putting money into power rather than neon lights and shiftknobs. I still say low 15 is attainable.

I tottally agree.

to get back to that mustang...i read how 99 svt cobras run a 14.9 stock..i think that is absolute garbage cause the engines are about 3 times the size of the ones we use. Maybe if the american auto companies pulled there heads out of there asses and learned something you would see some stock mustangs with 450 hp...then i would maybe have some respect for them!

Back