New to this board...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, you guys sound like little bitches arguing about this. It's a known fact that the B series has more potential than the D series, however, you can get some pretty awesome play out of a D series. Being that I have a DX, I have the D series and although it can hang with the v-tec, the Si engine has my ass. Instead of spending countless $'s and time on trying to make this engine any more powerful, I've decided to hault and save up for a GSR engine. By the time I get done blowing the money on the parts for the D, I could bust out about another $1000 more and have an engine worth the upgrades. I have seen some hella fast D series engines but it was a long road getting there.

hmmmmn i see where everyone is goin as far as b series bein superior in the long run. more hp can be gained out of the larger head design. but as i have proved you can make a sohc cam outflow a ported h22 head. the only thing in my book good about vtec wether being d or b is the fact about drivability. no large cam lobes below a certaint rpm. yet a non vtec engine can still provide the same hp figure as most b sries can. reason im into this argument is to point out the cost factor here. d16z6 can be found at your local junkyard for about 4-500 producing 128hp at the crank. the b16a1 producing 160hp can be found for as little as 1200 at your local importer. yet with the extra 700 saved by gettin the d you can out perform the b with all that extra cash. my argument is cost effectivnes on the same budget, not wich is a better engine to go with.

Its cool if your car came with a B in this case. But you would have to be fucking stupid to swap a d for a B unless you get everything for free. Because the money you put into swapping your D for a b you could be doing fucking laps around your B if you put into a D plus I just want to put more weight in thats all im worried about thats why I want a B lol. ALSO D CUPS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR GIRL FRIENDS FLAT ASS Bs for all you with the 2 comparison. Well got to go out and stomp some b's tonight just to make them people that spent 2 grand or so fell stupid for swapping.

hmmmmn i see where everyone is goin as far as b series bein superior in the long run. more hp can be gained out of the larger head design. but as i have proved you can make a sohc cam outflow a ported h22 head. the only thing in my book good about vtec wether being d or b is the fact about drivability. no large cam lobes below a certaint rpm. yet a non vtec engine can still provide the same hp figure as most b sries can. reason im into this argument is to point out the cost factor here. d16z6 can be found at your local junkyard for about 4-500 producing 128hp at the crank. the b16a1 producing 160hp can be found for as little as 1200 at your local importer. yet with the extra 700 saved by gettin the d you can out perform the b with all that extra cash. my argument is cost effectivnes on the same budget, not wich is a better engine to go with.

:concur:

And I'm still amazed by all the people that just joined today, just to come into this thread and defend D-series engines!
Wow!!!
You D-series guys are dedicated. And don't compare boobs. That's not the argument. I like B-cups over D-cups anyway...

you have made it obvious you dont know shit, no use arguing anymore, i'm done

The same thing I say to you...

Why shoudl I care to know about engines that have dual valve springs and are known to have coilbind and brake aftermarket cams (opps!!! there goes another $600)
Why should I care about engines that have a rod/stroke ratio as high as 1.70 pushing a stressfull sideload to the cylinder walls at 8000+rpms..., Now add that to the extra weight of the big bore pistons they have... you must get oversize pistons often ah?

But you;re right, I dont know shit... Maybe you need to learn from a D series engine!!!

lol wow we have a nice lil community here dont we? all us wonderful D-series hooligans bashin up the B-board.

on second thought, light me up a ZC :imgone:

Well, then stop arguing if you don't know shit, I mean you were dumb enough to admit. You must really not now shit.

Originally posted by OZRacing@Sep 15 2003, 05:57 PM
you have made it obvious you dont know shit, no use arguing anymore, i'm done

The same thing I say to you...

Why shoudl I care to know about engines that have dual valve springs and are known to have coilbind and brake aftermarket cams (opps!!! there goes another $600)
Why should I care about engines that have a rod/stroke ratio as high as 1.70 pushing a stressfull sideload to the cylinder walls at 8000+rpms..., Now add that to the extra weight of the big bore pistons they have... you must get oversize pistons often ah?

But you;re right, I dont know shit... Maybe you need to learn from a D series engine!!!

still you dont know shit
b16 r/s ratio is 1.74:1 1.75:1 is considered perfect, which, in turn, releaves side load. you are a dumbfuck, simple. you dont think you have to replace your springs whe you change cams either? still you show you are a dumbfuck. who said anything about oversized pistons? and yes, its very cute that you're having your D buddies register just for this thread.

You D-series guys are dedicated. And don't compare boobs. That's not the argument. I like B-cups over D-cups anyway...

very dedicated as you are with your b series so you know where were coming from on that stand point. and i agree on the boob thing....i prefer the b cup.

Well where dumb because we don't spend a few Gs to get no faster of a time humm lets think about it :blink:

Originally posted by D for life@Sep 15 2003, 06:06 PM
Well where dumb because we don't spend a few Gs to get no faster of a time humm lets think about it :blink:

no, the ones on this thread talking out their ass are dumb, i'm not saying anyone is dumb for building a D.

b16 r/s ratio is 1.74:1 1.75:1 is considered perfect, which, in turn, releaves side load. you are a dumbfuck, simple. you dont think you have to replace your springs whe you change cams either?

I know 1.75 rod/stroke ratio is considered as perfect... ass!!! Meaning there's a perfet balance in sideload wear and power produced dumbass!. Anything higher that than would produce more power but at a cost of more sideload stress, and anything lower would create less power but relieves sideload pressure... Now! That doent mean the B engine is perfect...
And as for the other part, even with aftermarket springs, there's been known of coilbind and cam failure on your "perfect" engines!!!
(and I DID change my springs with my cam, but you dont have to change springs to run an aggresive cam on a D series, and still revup to rev limiter with no valve float!!!) how's that make you feel!! pretty mad from your last posts I see...

Originally posted by OZRacing@Sep 15 2003, 06:18 PM
b16 r/s ratio is 1.74:1 1.75:1 is considered perfect, which, in turn, releaves side load. you are a dumbfuck, simple. you dont think you have to replace your springs whe you change cams either?

I know 1.75 rod/stroke ratio is considered as perfect... ass!!! Meaning there's a perfet balance in sideload wear and power produced dumbass!. Anything higher that than would produce more power but at a cost of more sideload stress, and would create less power but relieves sideload pressure... Now! That doent mean the B engine is perfect...
And as for the other part, even with aftermarket springs, there's been known of coilbind and cam failure on your "perfect" engines!!!
(and I DID change my springs with my cam, but you dont have to change springs to run an aggresive cam on a D series, and still revup to rev limiter with no valve float!!!) how's that make you feel!! pretty mad from your last posts I see...

thank you for admitting everything in your post was bullshit, k thnx

read again... I mispelled something there ass...

I meant to say something lower would produce less power and woud have a less sideload force on the walls... (notice, I didnt want to contradict my own post, Im not that stupid as you think)

I edited it in less than a minute of replying, Man you're fast in reading and quoting shit when you're mad about your shitty ass engine!!!

Originally posted by OZRacing@Sep 15 2003, 06:21 PM

read again... I mispelled something there ass...

why so bitter? dont be so upset you have a D my brother.
again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back