plans for the 4th??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One of the couriers that made a pick up at a hospital tonight said there was already a small kid there with his thumb blown off. It just isn't the fourth of July without appendages flying across a firework back lit sky!

I will be finishing up the install of the subfloor in the back basement room. Then I plan on framing out the closet and hanging some sheet rock. All to be followed by a BBQ and fruit and vegtable fireworks. My fireworks will consist of various fruits and veggies mostly mellons ( i found a local produce stand and the guy will sell my the stuff that has gone or is about to go bad cheap) and a 12 ga from the distance of about 10 to 15 feet. If you've never tried it, I highly recomend it. There is a momentary pause after the shot before the veggie rain starts. Childish yes, but lots of fun.

USO had some band play live music - it was pretty cool. Then they had some BBQ ribs ~ woot!!!

Moving shrubbery, installing tweeters in the fit, finishing the mirror-turn-signals in the fit, laundry, have a couple beers, watch fireworks.

NOT this:
80683514.jpeg

Or this:
80683519.jpeg

(Hand blown up by a fire cracker)

Ebaums has a gallery up but most of the pics are too gory to post in a happy thread. Be careful folks!

Aren't fireworks illegal in Communist California?

no... in parts of so cal they are.. thats why my friends come up north a little to my place.. the shit that blows up in the sky is illegal, but they're everywhere here so its easy to get away with them... homies brought mortars n' shit

having a little party at my house tonight. already got the beer on ice, beer pong and darts set up, and a bunch of fireworks.

the only thing that sucks is that im exhausted, worked 9 hours in the sun today after getting not much sleep last night. oh well im still getting messed up :drinks_drunk:

Since I wasn't able to get out of work and got stuck in Chicago; Rib Fest in Naperville today. Braveing the crowd down at Navy Pier for fireworks on the lake tomorrow. Hitting up bars downtown with some friends Sunday.

Fireworks on the lake SUCK on the 4th in Chicago. They're like 10 minutes long. The 3rd is the big fireworks day for the city (to signify the battle the night before our actual Independence day).

We went on the 4th last year and were quite disappointed.

Fireworks on the lake SUCK on the 4th in Chicago. They're like 10 minutes long. The 3rd is the big fireworks day for the city (to signify the battle the night before our actual Independence day).

We went on the 4th last year and were quite disappointed.

Well then I guess its a good thing the rain fd that up and I decided to just get drunk instead.

So far I've done everything but watch fireworks. :D

I ended up drinking a bit. Watched Napervilles fireworks from my complex. And now im about to finally go see Transformers.

5 of us went out on the boat and killed 49 beers. One out of the five only had 2, so ya, we were tanked. Drunk fucker snapped the key off in the ignition so we just sat there and drank until we eventually called Sea Tow hours later. Went swimming to other boats begging for beer and met some awesome people. Worked on boat until it got dark when we got it out of the water, ate lots of food, banged my ex gf and now laying in bed. Turned out to be a good night, hope you all had fun and stayed safe.

Yup, had fun, blew up several pounds of explosives, got minor burns on both thumbs from lighting cannon fuse with a mini lighter. :ph34r:

Overall a great time!

i too have burned thumb syndrome :p

and i also have a bit of a hangover and a huge mess to clean up, oh well, it was fun.

i'm working on cleaning up my yard and grilling me up some elftovers for lunch :)

i had a pretty eventful night... started off drinking then BBQ'n.. it only took about 10 minutes after we started the fireworks to start a fire in a little field i have across the street.. fire department came, we thought the night was over.. boy was i wrong.. hahah .. lit off a ton of mortars, firecrackers, roman candles, etc.... my fiances dad tried fighting a friend of mine because he was talkin shit about his football team..lol.. .. so they ended up leaving and then we really partied.. woke up early and started cleaning up the yard (front and back) .. now just waiting for everyone to get up.. lol

i had a pretty eventful night... started off drinking then BBQ'n.. it only took about 10 minutes after we started the fireworks to start a fire in a little field i have across the street.. fire department came, we thought the night was over.. boy was i wrong.. hahah .. lit off a ton of mortars, firecrackers, roman candles, etc.... my fiances dad tried fighting a friend of mine because he was talkin shit about his football team..lol.. .. so they ended up leaving and then we really partied.. woke up early and started cleaning up the yard (front and back) .. now just waiting for everyone to get up.. lol
That sounds like the night I would have had if I didn't work until 2:30am. I did get to see the fireworks at Liberty State Park though. They were OK. I could hear Macy's in the distance and just from the sound they were way better.

Back