Poor Mans Type R Build------

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

umm if i think what your asking is right then i race lines 1/4 mile at a time------ i had a hatch with a stock internal LS swap just bolt ons---- ran it 14.9 with GSR tranny---

wow this sux

well thanks for the help guys the head i bought with the springs and stuff in there i am worried now----- im running stock GSR cams im going to get diff cams as quick as possible and how much will it be to tune it----- what kind of price range we lookin------

with the head being built like that and then i get aggressive cams---- how reliable is the car going to be---- with the head so crazy is the block going to be ok----- and whats some recomendations on cams

i think the point blanco is making is that you should change the valve springs and run a mild cam... address that issue instead of trying to buy a cam that will handle the springs. for a daily driver you should not have a top end capable of anything even close to 13k rpms.

with the head being built like that and then i get aggressive cams---- how reliable is the car going to be---- with the head so crazy is the block going to be ok----- and whats some recomendations on cams

how high is your compression gonna be? aggressive cams dont really work well until you have about 11.3 or higher compression. My s2s2 cams kicked ass on my last lsvtec. Stock intake and crappy header (dc 4-2-1). But the head had a port and polish with s2 springs and retainers. It idled great and yes it was my daily driver.

I say either keep the springs and invest in some stage 2 cams fom crower,S2 or some toda spec C's it all depends on your budget. If not then get rid of the springs and get some itr's or some eibach's s2's are fairly priced too. Then you can use type R or higher cams.

compromises.......they suck.:D

good luck on the build. Wish you would have put the ctr's in there and had high compression. Just ask Calesta he knows alittle about super high compession dailt drivers

ya i got the CTRs in my garage im just going to sell them---- How much should i get out of them they have 3k miles on rings---- Plus im going to leave the springs and retainers im going to get some s2 cams dont know what brand but prob crower---- I em freinds with the owner of a local speed shop mabye i can trade him pistons for cams lol---- i had 4-2-1 headers on and the guy had 2 cats on the car lol trying to pass smog---- i put 4-1s on today and my good exhaust with high flow cat----

moral of the story: 10 years from now our still running hondas will be worth more from all of the people that screw up perfectly good hondas. not that i am one to speak. by the way... blanco do you own a honda or is the e36 your only car? just curious...

me :threadjack:

moral of the story: 10 years from now our still running hondas will be worth more from all of the people that screw up perfectly good hondas. not that i am one to speak. by the way... blanco do you own a honda or is the e36 your only car? just curious...

me :threadjack:

blanco should still have a D series built someplace. unless he sold it. i hope he didnt wreck it (doubting).

you know your right.... the engine swap (JDM P30 B16) i bought early 2006 has gone up in price more than just a few hundred.

and too many people are idiots. my main guru mechanic out here than can help me with anything found some kid that wrecked his couple with a B16 in it. the kid spun it into a pole and totaled it. my mech offered the kid 1300 if he'll throw in the tranny. done deal. put that in a $500 HB shell, did all the work nicely and cleanly, with a performance clutch. sold it for 5,000.

these cars are dropping like flies. has to be atleast 5 totaled a day. and all the younger kids are growing up and the demand is getting larger than the supply.

k well if i sell my CTR pistons and the JG springs---- how much you think i can get from them----- And what cams and springs should i buy-----And Blanco looks like you need a forum about you lol----

I still own two Hondas. My wrecked '91 Si and a beater '90 DX hatch. I'm going to drop my engine into a '92 or '93 hatch when I find the right one in phantom gray at the right price.

Oh wow lol, I just saw this post now. It's funny I mentioned hoping you didnt wreck it. The irony!

It's a shame to hear it got wrecked. Who was at fault?

o yeah it just dawned on me. lewellgd, do you know about a proper piston ring sealing/break-in procedure? you could really hurt yourself there

k well if i sell my CTR pistons and the JG springs---- how much you think i can get from them----- And what cams and springs should i buy-----And Blanco looks like you need a forum about you lol----

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

if you were really expecting me to answer that question....i'm not qualified to answer it. i wouldnt know

shoot i say keep'em. they are hard to come by here in Tally. If you do sell them i say sell them as package first. Get you some ferrera valves and whatever cams you want. Crower and S2 seem to be good as far as finding them for a good deal. Not cheap but for a good deal. I sold my S2S2 old school cams for about 250.

At 11.3.1 with a port and polish they pulled HAAARRDD.:D vtec pulled so hard it was unreal.

Back