Random Celerity Thought Generator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Even if you have the best and most expensive phone ever, at some point you must have said, "I hate this fucking phone."

My boss sent out an email today:

We are making some significant improvements to the Front Entry over the next few weeks. We’re putting in a more appropriate patio, along with some trees, shrubs, benches and flowers. There will be some periods where access via the front door will be cut off. Please be prepared to enter and exit through the Back Entry.

It took every fiber of my being to not RE: That's what she said!

Why the hell do my co-workers leave voicemails that say "Hey it's so-and-so, call me back"? The fact that you called and ended up in my call history says the exact same thing. Tell me WHY you called in the damn voicemail! It takes over a minute to sit through the stupid automated system to listen to the message, it damn well better have some information in it. :mad:

::dial::
::Wait::
::Ring::
"Please enter your password, then press pound"
::Enter password::
"Your mailbox is full. Please delete messages you have already listened to so that new messages may be received."
"You have... 1... Message... Who's retention time is about to expire."
"You have.... 1.... new voice message."
"You have... 19... saved voice messages"
"First voice message:"
"Hey it's me, call me back."
"End of new messages."
::Slit wrists::

And THEN... If I forget to delete the message because I hung up out of sheer disgust, it still counts as a new message and beeps the god damn phone again and shows up on the display so I have to listen to it ALL OVER AGAIN to clear it. :mad::mad::gunfight:

Last edited:
i hate voicemail.
unless you know i dont have your number, dont leave one.
i have a caller id, which shows me you called. so i know to call back.
i usually give people angry responses for leaving voicemails. i dont get that many now.

I don't set up my voicemail on any of my phones. People leave messages and expect that not only you got the message, but fully understood and complied with their wishes in said message.

Fuck that. I'm not carrying around a mobile "to-do" list that people can shit in all day. If they make the effort to actually get in contact with me, then I'll consider whatever it was that just couldn't possibly fucking wait until they see me again..

I do, however; love text messages. Short, sweet, to the point. The laze of people makes them cut through all the bullshit and get what they wanted to say out, else they have fingers worn to bloody stubbs.. Win.

i'm HORRIBLE at checking and returning calls from my vm.

if i don't pick up, send a text. lol

i'm the same way. thats whats great about an iphone. you can just delete it without even listening to the vm.

It might be easier for you to get the text but its easier for the caller to just leave a vm when you dont answer. Instead of hanging up and typing a message out.

i also fucking HATE voicemails
99% of the time i dont answer cause i'm on another call, or just didnt get to pick up in time and i WILL call you right back, while you are leaving me a fucking voicemail
douchebags

i blocked VMs from my iPhone. just rings and rings until either i pick up or you hang up.

my desk phone at work has no voicemail. If I could figure out how to disable voicemail on my verizon blackberry, I would.

Everyone knows how to email me.

It might be easier for you to get the text but its easier for the caller to just leave a vm when you dont answer. Instead of hanging up and typing a message out.

Exactly, if the message isn't important enough to hang up and shoot a text, it wasn't important enough to bother me about anyway.

Wonder how many random, pointless messages I avoid this way? I guess I'll never know. I'll assume its in the thousands. That makes me smile.

Awesome! I went over the bandwidth limit on my aircard and now my only internet connection (temporarily) has been throttled:

Apparently it'll go back to normal after 30 days. :mad:

Back