Rex's D16y8 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get a coupler and weld it in..

Bahh! That's what I wanted to start with but that Dildo would not do it. I will look for two couplers tomorrow and see if I can get them welded before I get another ticket added on my record. I wanted to be able to disconnect easily when I went to the Drags and test & tune. Seemed like the easiest way, Thanks for the feedback.

weird, so it just shuts off when you take the key out and the timer keeps going. I will try it and hope for the best. How does it read the Air/Fuel? Does it give an accurate reading like numbers for example or does it show bars to measure it? Glad to hear that it was easy to install. The easier, the better.

It shows numbers, but i dont have an 02 sensor so i couldnt give you any idea if its accurate or not. I was only interested in the Turbo timer feature when i picked it up for 25$. The battery voltage feature does work though lol.

Bahh! That's what I wanted to start with but that Dildo would not do it. I will look for two couplers tomorrow and see if I can get them welded before I get another ticket added on my record. I wanted to be able to disconnect easily when I went to the Drags and test & tune. Seemed like the easiest way, Thanks for the feedback.
if you want something like that then look for an "electric exhaust cutout"

Even if you have a coupler put in still make sure you have a flex pipe in there too somewhere before the coupler. Lesson learned don't let dildos weld your exhaust haha.

um no my exhausts never have flex pipe in them..you need to get the springs that go on the bolts for the cat..

I deleted my cat, no emissions here and there are too many turbo diesels with straight headers to get a modified exhaust ticket. lol I do need the springs though. I bought a quick disconnect coupler last night and I am going to try it out tonight and if it works I will buy another one to fit in before the rear suspension so I can disconnect from the downpipe back whenever I feel the need.

The sad thing is, I thought this paper thin bandage may have been able to help for a week or two... It broke loose after 15 minutes of conservative driving. I guess I have to learn the hard way, lol.

DSC00070.jpg

Shoot, I have a 4-2-1 Setup and it did the job until now. I got the shitty coupler back on and have heard nothing about getting paid lately. This sucks.

Bah, no Deal. I finally got my money! $1794.00
What will that buy me? Nothing off the dollar menu please.
I am addicted to boost, yet I have never even had a ride in anything boosted before. How sad is that? Not even a freaking Turbo Diesel.

lol i drive a turbo diesel whenever i want and the boost is fun..i rode in a buddies 93 TT rx7 and that was killer..i love boost too..but never owned anything boosted.
but i would pickup and ebay turbo kit,and run that..can be had for around 1k..then tuning should be around 2-300..

I did man! Thanks for all of your help Injen. You have pretty much coached me into a basic tuner and so far this is what is about to blow up on the page...

Just ordered a damn ebay kit:
t3/t4, stainless manifold, downpipe w/ o2 bung, oil catch can, turbo timer, manual boost controller, intercooler with all piping and hardware, gaskets, vacuum lines, oil lines, Blow off valve and Wastegate and a few others.

A Glow Shift 3 Gauge Pillar:
The pillar along with a Wideband o2 Digital A/F Gauge and the bocsh wideband, Oil Pressure Gauge and Boost Vacuum Pressure Gauge.

Also ordered a Oil Filter Sandwich Plate for the oil lines...
I am about to send some money to a fellow hondaswapper for his 450cc blue tops this week probably too. ;)

Found a set of Arias Pistons and Eagle Rods not far from here so I may be throwing those in the y8 and swapping it before summer, he also has a walbro 255lph and a ton of other d series parts like a fully ported and polished z6 head but I don't know if that would work well on the y8 block.

Last edited:
nice..honestly the ebay kits arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be..i know firsthand a couple guys in ct running them and they arent bad at all..
just the problems i listed in the other thread..and i also ordered from gloshift..they have good parts as well..goodluck and congrats man..
now you basically have to just install it all..weld a bung on the oil pan for oil return and tune it

I can do the tuning part easy with the wideband and turbo edit but routing the oil lines is where I get lost in the maze of vacuum lines, oil lines and piping. So I got the sandwich, is that for the oil feed or drain or both? I know I can use sensors with the sandwich as well. I ordered the white face Type R's from Glo Shift and the Pillar and the Wideband and A/F Gauge lol. They know there gauges and lighting...

sandwhich plate is only the feed..you can also hook your oil pressure to that as well..
for the return you have to weld a bung on your oil pan,best to weld in a 45 degree for best oil flowback,oh and make sure it has threads on the piece that sticks out of the oil pan,so if you ever decide to take the turbo off you can just cap the return off as well

Back