Rex's D16y8 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I won't until it's finished. I will stick around 7 psi for a while.

im not a jew... :(

o rly?

a625_bm.gif

lol

Okay, I lied. Here are a few more pics...

My Sandwich

DSC00024.jpg

Bosch Wideband o2

DSC00025.jpg

Pod sitting on the y8 block

DSC00023.jpg

Gauges and what not

DSC00022.jpg

Bolting up the >anifold and Turbo

DSC00020.jpg

BOV

DSC00019.jpg

V Band WasteGate

DSC00017.jpg

Cheapo Depo Filter

DSC00015.jpg

Mani

DSC00013.jpg

Reverse Side

DSC00012.jpg

I just have to find time to fit the head and start cleaning things up a bit. I may trade the crx for a non-running shell if I can find one with a straight body in a few weeks. I haven't even opened the box to my welder yet and still have to install the rear rotors and pads. Damn, there are so many parts it's kind of overwhelming. I pieced together the Intercooler and started test fitting other parts. I will be decking the block sometime before it goes in as well.

3 Bolt adds power? The head is on the block connected to the turbo manifold and turbo and wastegate. Bought a actual Honda Swap book for reference material and the welder is finally put together. I am still begging my ex to leave me alone so I can spend some sweet tender loving time with my engine. :(

Bump

manigate.jpg

y8turbo.jpg

and

d16y8t.jpg

Still saving for Fjt & Vitara's. I ran out of money... Imagine that huh?
It may be a while before I get a shell.

I'm not for sure if the downpipe will clear the oil pan so I will do some test fitting tonight. Got the boost gauge in the mail today and all I am waiting on is the oil pressure. The triple pillar did not fit so I may be plastic welding it to the stock panel.

I am still begging my ex to leave me alone so I can spend some sweet tender loving time with my engine. :(

Er...what? If she's your ex, then you don't owe her any of your time, well, unless you have a kid together or something. Just ignore her...

Er...what? If she's your ex, then you don't owe her any of your time, well, unless you have a kid together or something. Just ignore her...

Well.... Yeah, two kids. I think they are both mine and I know for a fact one is. Very Complicated and long story that would require another thread lol.

There is a pic of the pillar on top of the y8 block in there somewhere but I will get a better one with the gauges pressed in it. The fitment on it was horrible and the downpipe turned out to be about 2inches short before one of the bends. I guess I will need to learn how to use that fancy welder I bought.:D

cuz i know when i got mine for my rex when i got rid of the rex i tried putting it in the hatch and it was like 4-5 inches to tall so i cut the top off and it fit nice..
just get me a pic of where it goes down by the dash

Can do! That is what I was thinking but I wasn't for sure how much to trim off.
Camera is dead again and left the charger at a Christmas Party so I will be posting up a few crappy images from my cell but hopefully they will work. I started welding for the first time with the mig and I actually did pretty well. It's sad that the first time I get a chance to weld it's just drawing a set of boobs on my old rusty rotors with the wire, then welded a pulley to it so it could spin off a pulley lol. I still don't have a tank yet so I am working inside only and the welds aren't as beautiful as they could be and there is still a little bit of slag but I can't see shit out of the damn cheap ass helmet until I am in mid-weld.

Last edited:
K. Here are 3 from my shitty phone. Hopefully these will work until I get my HD Cam charger back.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

I finally got the last part in the mail today, the oil pressure gauge.
Hooked up the sending unit to the sandwich perfectly and will be ordering studs and pistons and rods next on the list. Got stuck taking someone out for a small vacation so it will set me back a few weeks. I need a break anyways tho.

yep its for a ef hatch..i used mine..the bottom piece fits real tight in both the hatch and crx..its the same..but the top needs to be trimmed to fit the rex..the roof sits a little lower..
use some tin snips or something and cut it at the top

Got my camera charger back, yay! Here is the next item on the list besides studs.

YCP Vitara's - I am going to stay with the standard bore on this one.
FJT Custom Length Rods - I will have to notch the block but I don't have any problems with that. Eagle H-Beam Rods give too low compression ratio's so I am going with these designed specifically for the YCP/Suzuki Vitara's.
Eagles compression = 7.8:1 and FJT's are 8.8:1 I figured it will be better to stick around 9ish.

customlength_fjt_vitara.jpg

BTW, This is the Piston/Rod combo that Speed Factory used to gain they're 600+hp D16 sohc yet after pushing 30lbs of boost and running 10's they demolished one of the pistons some how. I am seriously thinking about the Golden Eagle Intake Manifold *used in both bisimoto's and speed factory's builds * and Methane Injection * used in bisi's 1st 702hp dyno D16 wagovan with 91 octane *in the future after installation as well. Should be running into some cash again in a few weeks so updates will come and probably a nice new eg hatch with income tax around the corner... I don't really want to plant this nice of a build into a car that is falling apart. I love the Rex but it's prime is over. :(

Last edited:
Back