Rex's D16y8 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, The kit came with the lines and oil pan fitting so I guess that I will be tapping into it after all... Damn, I was hoping of a better way because I don't want a chance of oil drainage. Well that clears things up a bit and I will be posting pics up as soon as I get the mail. Well off to work, fuck.

Hmm... Would I be able to use a Lincoln 225AC Welder? I think it's a Stick/Flux Core. I have been looking for a welder and this one is on craigslist for 199.00$ Well I just bought a set of 450cc Dsm's from 79Civic and I should start seeing my parts by Desember 23rd. The Turbo Kit did not include the silicone reducers so I will see if AutoZone or Advance Auto has something I may use.

id take the pan to a shop and have it welded that way you know its good to go..
and can u give me a link of what kit you bought?

Here is the link to the eBay Turbo Kit

It says it comes with the silicone hoses and T-Bolt clamps but they sent me a message saying I would need the silicone reducers. Idk

I have the money for a set of Vitara's and Eagle Rods, think it will be better if I go ahead and snatch them up? Last week I found a set of Arias and Eagle on craigslist but by the time I got off work the guy had sold them.

Damn, I missed that one. I seen a few of their others missing some parts so I overlooked it. Well I am updating the previous post with everything I have ordered so far. Thanks D16SiHatch!

Yep. I can't say much about anything I buy off eBay but so far I have never had a problem with anything ordered. The majority of the parts will be here on the 23rd. That will be picture time! ^_^

I got some video of the two-step on the way to work today, picked up a brand new welder and a complete d16y8 from a salvage with a thrown rod through the bottom of the girdle. A little freaking tired right now but will be up late working on it and posting pics and maybe video. I ran into a drain in funds because of buying the new welder and during some test runs today I found that a rear brake pad disappeared *got some new ones and new rotors*, the oil pan was leaking a little oil and during one of the two-steps the Aluminum radiator rubbed against the front support and wheel hop caused it to bend the fins and start a small leak at the top. So, I need a radiator if I can't mig this one with aluminum wire and will have to hold off on the Turbo Rods & Pistons. I may go ahead and order some arp studs for now and hope the a6 will hold until I can get the y8 Built. Pics will come rolling in, I have one more day of work and then a good busy break to update almost everyday.

Last edited:
Super mini-me!

MiniMe.jpg

The parts!

Parts.jpg

Happy to have a good head:

VtecHead.jpg

Lost a fucking pad! Rotors come in the mail the 23rd...

Whereisthepad.jpg

The new welder looks like I got it from a quarter machine but this thing was $400 Bucks with the accessories. :mad:

DSC00002.jpg

Well that's all you get for the night. I am hooking up the welder, then passing the fuck out, because all my words are starting to flow together and I keep having to correct my typo's. >_<

Last edited:
Hmm... What might this be?

DSC00003.jpg

Oh Hell Yeah!

DSC00006.jpg

Really are you sure?

DSC00007.jpg

Yep, Where is the made in China Sticker?

DSC00008.jpg

Holy shit, I need a garage...

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Please excuse the crappy photography...

DSC00011.jpg

Much, much moar to cum, this is my last day of work for a while until January 10th, 2010 so I have a deadline.

nice..sounds like you need some more power in that car..when are you getting a new shell to put the good shit in as well?

Probably income tax for a new shell, it will have to be a 92-95 hatch. That's my favorite body style and it's still fairly light. I will finally have a break after Christmas to help a friend replace the top end of his Grand Prix and then he will be helping me piece together the y8 and turbo setup. All that I need now is the Silicone Reducers, Pistons, Rods, Arp Studs and a 3 Bar map Sensor. I have the stock parts but don't want to risk using them.

The stock sensor only holds up to around 11lbs. I am looking for 20's after upgrading the internals and swap the turbo.

Just got the injectors from 79Civic as well as my cross drilled and slotted rotors, triple gauge pillar, digital a/f gauge, wideband o2, oil filter adapter sandwich. About to take a Christmas Vacation so it will be a while before more updates. Later guys and Happy Hanuka you jews!

Back