Taco's Crx type R build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RMF 4-1.

the thing is freaking huge. I do have to get the ports cleaned up and re-welded. they look like crap after someone tried reinforcing and re-welding due to poor installation

that's a big negative ghost rider. :lol:

no A/c not powersteering, no full radiator.
Full race header only. :)

considering this header helped the motor lay down 191ish WHP I'm gonna keep it.
After all, this CRX is only for spirited driving. I've got my RSX for comfort. :)

It does but you have to make room.
Luckily I plan to get some traction bars for extra clearence.

It cleared with a half sized radiator alone. we shall see on my car.
I want it because it makes power. it does look sick with those long ass tubes. :lol:

Yeah I like the way it looks. and I bet it does make good power at top end, and probably good power at low end too..

Where's heres the progress so far. I finally got it back from my bro's paint shop.
Now i have to put it together and work on the wiring and get it ready for the engine.

IMG_20110227_132835.jpg

As you can see it's a mess inside but it will come together pretty soon.
IMG_20110227_132234.jpg

IMG_20110227_132224.jpg

IMG_20110227_132211.jpg

IMG_20110227_122840.jpg

IMG_20110227_122822.jpg

Over all It will look much cleaner after a good wash and of course get the leaves off.
IMG_20110227_122807.jpg

IMG_20110227_142659.jpg

I just re-used photobucket after a few years and man it's sucks even worse for navigating.
blahhh.

Sorry for the delay guys....selling cars keeps me pretty busy.

yeah I know.
I have to take it to my parents house for the swap and putting it together. My bro is getting married so he decided to close down shop and move to tampa with his fiance.

only place with concrete :(

Yeah its not easy to swap in gravel or grass.. Ive done it before and it sucks trying to move a cherry picker around..

yeah. so far I need a clutch, flywheel and traction bar.
I've got some mounts that will work as temporary.

planning on running stock swap for a awhile until I figure out about what kind of route i want to do.
Turbo 300whp+ or sick n/a setup for fun.

it will be a weekend street driven car with no racing.

got to sell more Subaru's :p

Last edited:
Back