The New Project/Restoration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well as promised, heres the pictures :ph34r:
Jdm B16a obd1 w/ Hyrdo trans
IMG00013.jpg

IMG00014.jpg

IMG00015.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00021.jpg

Set-up is looking sweet.

GlassHeadlights-That is probably the best sig I have ever seen.

Very, very nice man!!! Sooo jealous. So how much does the b16 need to be a complete motor, and how much coinage did that beast cost?

Thanks! Ummm...needs an ecu, injectors(but I already have 450 dsm's im using), and a wiring harness.

Set-up is looking sweet.

GlassHeadlights-That is probably the best sig I have ever seen.

Thanks bro.

Where would be the best place to pick up a usdm wiring harness?
Oh and some good news,I found a HMO tag on the motor (H-motors online).

Last edited:
That's true. And square watermelons are also mad JDM yo!!! But seriously, it was the Japanese who had the idea.

god I cant imagine how much more expensive a vegetable would be just because they are grown differently. Although some "H" style cucumbers would be good in my Jay-DEE-EMMM salad...

Picked up some new rotors, pads, and new front brake hoses(just in case). Got the old rotors off the Si hubs and got the new rotors on:
newnew2.jpg

Also, a couple buddies and I got the motor up on my newly bought engine stand (no I dont have a cherry picker so a little elbow grease went into it). Pulled the oil pan off to be sure of no metal shavings or anything and everything looks good so far. Something that I wasnt too excited to see was the clutch was shot, I mean to the point of it like cracking...this leads me to really want to tear it down and just do a re-build

newnew3.jpg

And last but not least for now, got my H&R springs in the other day, waiting on the funds to order some new control arms and bushings. How retarded is it that they were one of the only name brands, except Tein, that only used 1.5-2" drops...all the other ones were for slammin your car to the ground.

newnew1.jpg

Last edited:
Back