The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My ideas for the motor build were flawed from the get go. The strongest, best-for-amateur-racing build is what the car already has - the SR20DE. Cam / bench flowing is the end of what the motor needs. the NEOVVL (SR20VET head) is neat, but it's delicate (VTEC has me spoiled) and it's meant more for economy (Why don't you ever see any high hp SR20VET builds?)

The SR20DET might be nice of the FWD transmissions were available with longer gearing, as Ninja has pointed out. But overall, bang for the buck, Nismo top end components, some good machine work and it's good to go for any sport you want to pick up.

-> Steve

Disagree

SR20 + #3 bearing = poo

For a good 91-93 SR20DE setup, you have to replace the mains, upgrade the valve train, machine the head, and replace the tranny with a B15/P11 transmission (they hold up better..both the gears and the case cracking)

m4d $$$

thats just my thoughts....and why I got rid of my SE-R's

Rwd = Mr2..... you already love em and just wait til you find one that you fall back into love with.

fwd.... Give up. If you are going with a nissan get ready to start laying down A LOTof money to make it go faster.

that being said... I will be buying a 95-01 maxima when my tax returns get back..

It will be track only with enough road gear to get to the track. I'll be hollowing out the trunk, front trunk and installing that funky low-dip hood (ala GT40) and then start replacing body panels with fiberglass.

But we're talking years down the road.. I need a house and a barn to build these things. Building on this crappy budget in a 1 car garage in the cold / extreme heat sucks. I think the next project will be something wooden.

Sell everything and keep a DD.

Then when the funds get right, build a proper garage.

Or just buy a house with a very nice, heated 2car garage....... with a lift.

I may have outgrown the garage I'm in - The next projects will be something hardcore. I have my eye on the following:

1944 Chevrolet chop top (An unfinished project that someone has out down town.. Rat rod)
Fiberglass Dune buggy !
beva.gif

This neat Supra based 7 replica
a V8 Celica drifter

Or maybe something of my own design, depending on other things working out.

I can see that

But what... did you RUN in the house and immediately post to 9 threads ? I mean look at your post times.. they are no more than 20 seconds apart !

blame the laptop in the backseat of my car for that :p

we got home, erin started cooking for us, dave hopped in the shower and i hopped online :)

oh, the mirage crank pulley bolt is good. thanks for letting me use that box wrench :) worked out alot better than the adjustable.

you mean the NX is officially nixx'd?

what will become of this epic thread?

Change the title..."The NX....aftermath"?

the saga will continue through me i guess :)

whats next is repairing the few small rot holes on the inside, and then putting it back together :-D

ASS!

some kid from Boston just sold his electric blue (rare color) NX2K on the SR20Forum for $1k

If I see anything around, I'll let you know Steve

I need to make a round to all my tow-yard buddies in the near future

Back