The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok: SR20DE Build:

How about a fidanza flywheel, nismo cams and adjustable cam gears - and be done with it ?

And what's everyone's thought on getting the transmission alittle more long-leggedy ?
Save the money from the cams and gears, hotshot header 2.5 exhaust, flywheel, JWT intake. itll get better fuel economy and have more power up top, if you want to go past that I think its about 400 for the JWT ecu, that basically wakes up the entire motor. I have seen some pretty amazing things come out of those guys and there computers are nothing short of amazing.

as for the trans, find the only with the longest gearing.
NX2000
Sentra SE-R
200SX SE-R
Sentra SE
G20--- I think but I am not sure, that this is the longest.
Almera GTi
Pulsar SSS
Sunny GTiR
Primera

sooo..... what will be the next car to stop this build........ another celica?

Thanks for the info - I called on the G20T transmissions, and there are a pre and post 1/93 transmission. Do you know anything about that ?

Yeah, the cheaper the build can be, the better. There is nothing else to offset this pursuit. The Mustang was it, and that's still not completely out of the question. If the body does turn out to be too patched together (read, flimsy or incredibly susceptible to heavy damage from light hits) than it would be stupid of me to pursue it. Then what, another year of searching the perfect one ?

I want this car, but I can't be stupid about it. I sunk a ton of money and effort into the CRX and I'm kissing Chris' feet for being the guy to buy it from me, instead of balking about high miles and "20 year old car, yadda yadda"

steve, i want it just as bad as you want to keep it... i know :cry:

worst case on the nx, you can build the motor and stuff now, search for a better body later :)

I think the pre/post G20 tranny's are just the speedo gear...mechanical (pre) and electric (post)

Also 94 was the year the SR's went to lowport

Headlight surgery is about 50% complete. It's just like plastic surgery, damn. I have a rebreather on, garage door open and ventilating, and I'm still getting this urethane powder all over me.

But anyway, pics come tonight. Next I have to install the shims to get the brow lowered. And then I may have a new method for doing this. (The headlight squinting, that is)

100nx.jpg

That's about it. That car looks like a tylenol though.

I'm just doing it differently, so far, from anyone else.

Any suspension work? I remember talking to a guy at Limerock one year with an NX2000 who raced it in one of the SCCA runoff classes. Drove the car to the race, beat the shit out of it, and drove it home.

To New Jersey.

Black guy, high-top haircut and a maroon NX2000 ? There was a guy who ran with CART from that area.

Oh, there was a question in there :)

I'm a fan of Ground Controls, and I'm a fan of Bilstein, this is my masterpiece build,

"You got chocolate in my peanut butter!"
"You got peanut butter in my Chocolate!"

Naw, the NX was red with yellow accents and silver wheels. Older guy, probably mid-40's.

hey, thats a hot NX!

my buddy dave bought the NX today :)

yeeeup yup yup. NX Project is grounded. I guess dave will continue with the work. If Dave likes red cars, then he's set. And if dave wants a gutted and caged track car, he's really set :)

that's ok, Mustang is grounded for now too. Today me and the missus may look at an 05 Si. But the Civic is back in my primary plans now for world domination.

there will be a RWD at somepoint for sport, but I'm thinking along the lines of 240SX / 200SX / Supra / MR2.

dave's plans are to pick up where you left off, fix the minute rust spots in the interior, and basically put it all back together with new front fenders :)

we're gonna foam the whole thing, too :mrgreen: thats my favorite.

Back