The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Found the wheels. Not a bad price at all. But it's not what I'm looking for. The Civic is getting the Maxxim knock offs in 16", unless you want those in trade.

linky?

i love the look of the torques tho. they will make a great non-R summer wheel.

the SSC's are getting advans baby.

Newer Bluebirds and Primera's had the CVT trans also

The only ones I know who have the VVL's in stock is JGY...$1300 SR16VE, $1900 SR20VE

Never seen a VET listed for sale on a "performance" engine website

Quoted post[/post]]
linky?

i love the look of the torques tho. they will make a great non-R summer wheel.

the SSC's are getting advans baby.

gallery_28114_460_41190.jpg

Since the Civic is retired from racing, my mom drives it now and these wheels should be fine. They are very lightweight though - I was surprised. little over 13 pounds.

they are almost like OZ F-1 cups, but i dont like silver :cry: thats why i painted the SSC's dark green :)

I'm painting these athletic white before they get wrapped.

athletic.........supporter?

I'm picking up 15" GT3's also (red), for the CRX....as soon as Chris picks up my wheels :)

and fender

Rota found a cave in the side of a mountain that contained millions of red GT3 wheels in 15x7 :) They are significantly cheaper than the other colors. but did you know that they made a Hunter Green set too ? Talk about niche market.

If I had the Red Civic still I would consider the red ones. It's tough to pull that off correctly. Maybe we can pull off a slight group buy through jbmotorsports or subydude.

I 'chopped the red ones onto my CRX (the white 86 Si)

I was very happy w/the results

and yes, I've seen the green ones. I think I like Team Dynamics wheels so much because they also seem to come in about 30 colors... :)

Want to make an sr20de last forever?

Intake, Header/full exhaust, flywheel and clutch, and then pee on it.

Btw what kind of questions do you have?

Well the VET - is it a worth while swap? I imagine it will take me over a month to get on and simply running.. much less running right.

SE-Rnet guys say it's the most worthwhile - what is you take on it ?

I wouldn't think it'd be that hard to swap a VET...

You use your tranny. The harness to the ECU comes all the way out w/the motor, then theres 2 other little plugs from the dash. Stuff the new harness through, plug it into the VET ECU (or a chipped stock ECU) and fire it up.

I mean, theres some turbo plumbing to do. And the decision weather to keep the TMIC or switch it to a front mount. Maybe a fuel pump upgrade...

If you can get your hands on one for $1200...I'd say its totally worth it (even though I know you weren't asking me :))

That's how to do a Honda swap.

I need to make sure that certain years use my mounts, and I have to get the whole project ready.

And I can't do that on $26k a year, I know that :)

yeah, but I've done 1 GA16 - SR20 swap, 1 CA16 - CA18DET swap, and 1 SR20DE - SR20DET swap....they were all pretty straight forward

The longest was the CA18DET swap, it took me about 5 days to get it running right.

if you decide to do it, you've definatly got my help....I'd love to put a VET swap under my belt (moreso than an RB swap)

I have been told this time and tim again, but I have yet to see proof of one way or the other.

You CANNOT put a RWD nissan motor into a FWD platform.

WITH THE EXCEPTION of the Ca18det. I know that one for a fact, because I have done it before.....stupid coil packs.

Right now I am planning a e16i- a ga16de

hehe... 80s pulsar..... 45 mpg HERE I COME!

I did it w/a FWD CA18DET into my 87 Pulsar

I thought the X-trail was like a CRV..w/the motor mounted like a FWD...?

Back