The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Heh... alright man :) Feel free to IM me for details, what your schedule looks like, and all that jazz.

I also need to feel confident that you have read all that is wrong with this car, and that the car runs really well, tracks straight and doesn't show any signs of bad repair or defects - But it HAS been repaired many times.

The Project is BACK ON.

The other NX turned out to have a dent, not a problem. But it did turn out to have rust. Fender wells, not bad. Corners, not bad. Rocker panels... ok. Under the rear bumper.. ok.

Pop the hood. Not ok. The passenger side shock tower had a , No shit, 8" wide 12" long HOLE in it. About 10% of the overall strut tower ITSELF was rotted away. That's about 3 inches into the actual tower. A-pillars missing most of the steel - under the flaking paint the only thing holding the A pillar up was the windshield.

Hit a speed bump with this car and it could crumple to the ground like a cheap tent.

No deal.

well I am slightly sad, but then again I was going to strip it to pieces and kill it to make my own car.

Good deal though. Cuz now someone who knows enough can actually do all the work and make it all right. BLACK BLACK BLACK!!

should offer him $400

the tranny's worth that

Well I suppose that I wanted to pull the trans / engine out and replace the 5th gear with something a little taller. I still need to consult the NissanNinja on that one.

Also, I mean the sum of the parts is way more than it's whole. It's got a new exhaust (so do I) and new tires, stock wheels and good t-tops. Within 2 hours and a tow-truck I can make $800 on it. I lack the space to do so.

I also wouldn't mind it's nose and fenders, ground effects wing glass etc. It's all pretty worth it to strip.

I'll see how long it stays around. I don't think anyone is going to buy it when they pop the hood and see that rot. He'll prolly give it to me when spring gets here.

I had one of the GTiR center gauge clusters...it went with my last SE-R

you can find nice people on ebay-uk who will sell/ship them to you pretty cheap..ebay-germany if you speak german

Mine will look way better than that... lets see:

Black = Check
Painted valve cover, Black = Check
Future plans for SR20DET = Check
Intercooler = Well... either a smaller hidden one, or an MR2 one where the battery is now
Wing = he's got the Sentra wing that I tried, and looks like shit. Sure enough, on his car - it looks like shit. Mine is the factory spoiler raised 2" on rubber posts.
Dashboard = No way around it.. my Temp logicon relocation is the winn4r. Switch relocation, roof mounted tomtom and sat radio unit, blue illumination.
Wheels = Black Rota GT3s with silver lip

Mine is shaping up to make this cat's NX look stupid.

My interior will be way better with the DAD torino knock offs, large-grain leatherette skins and rear seat coverings, aftermarket wheel (momo Monte Carlo or otherwise). Black tints for the win, again. The airdam is shaped outwards and forwards in more of a shovel shape. And where are the pipes GOING from the intercooler ? They look like they turn down and dump out.

EDIT: OH yeah, and my headlight sleepies, with my methods... Totally bad ass. I'm thinking about making little plastic triangles, hanging them from the bumper, and giving it fangs.

What are the problems you're finding ?

Besides the ripped to shit seat and the 242,000 miles on it.

God, that'll be my car next year. I have 200,000 (Exactly )

actually it looks decent I just dont like turbo NXs

that and I dont trust people so all of the stuff he is talking about being inside of that motor I wouldnt believe

I'm not a fan of the wheels or the rain collecting hood...

I don't doubt that all that stuff is under the valve cover...he does say the gears were cryo-treated and the case was welded which tells me he built the car and knows a bit about SR's

but I don't see anyone selling an NX for $8k...ever

I've learned that if you have a $5000+ motor in a $1000- body, remove the motor and ditch the body for parts. That's the ONLY way to make money.

Don't like Turbo NXs ? OH noes ! why not ?!

Back