The NX, so far

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

200542510060411.jpg

I spy with my little eye a transmission to the side .... Yeah ?

I do !

nissan_x-trail-03.jpg

sr20vet.JPG

It says "280 PS" embossed on the IC ... hahahahahahaah I love it.

Frame was tweaked. It was repaired pretty well, but it was tweaked. Both rear quarters were replaced. The rubber never held. The seams at the shock towers are rusted on the inside. The front end was tweaked repeatedly, and the front needs to be aligned slightly (It may turn into a mountain with the new nose). The trunk floor is buckled. The trunk leaks at the seams. The t-tops won't lock because that mechanism is busted, and the door is also rusted from the inside. the undercarriage is loaded with surface rust. The engine runs, but it runs mysteriously. It could take another 3 months or more of restoration work to do.

Which I am prepared for. Until this conversation happened:

I was in my cafeteria:
Me: Man, I just checked out my Nissan. The entire ass end of the car is tweaked.
DJ: That sucks. Hey, we were talking last week about my NX.. and I was thinking of selling it now. I have the G35 now, so I don't need this car for summer.
Me: Ok.. Well I already have one, and I'm way into it.
DJ: Oh well then.. I have no idea what to ask for this car. I mean i just poured a ton of maintanence into from the dealer, timing, valve job, tune up.. Everything to make it good to go. I don't know what to ask.
Me: I paid $500 for mine, and it has no rust and power windows so if that gives you an idea....
DJ: How about $800?

:blink:

Me: Bring it in tomorrow, I'll check it out.

Guys, this car is mint. It's not black, it's a dark red. And it's a 91 with the black trim and no power windows. It's got 140k miles, no 5th gear pop-out and no rust. It's got the factory wheels, and factory radio. It's untouched, owned by some rich guy who used it as his "winter beater".

All stages of paint are placed on hold. My NX is completely stripped, with the glass and headliner to come out and then it's ready to be even cut and chopped, for good steel for resale or what not.

Score? Tomorrow we'll see.

fuck that..$800 is nothing for it

no 5th gear popout trannys are $400 all day

You think I can move these parts though ? I literally have a one car bay full of dismantled NX bits. And an SR20DE. Oh wait... I have an SR20DE spare. hmmmmmm

This gets better and better.

My bodyman is gonna be PISSED.

Oh, and it's a 91. Rear antilock, manual windows and no cruise control. Can prolly transfer that shit over.

NX parts should be easy to get rid of (your extras you want to sell)

not many of them out there

Quoted post[/post]]
Buy it and sell me the other one for 500...

Ok. We'll need to redo the dash that I blatantly rewired and recabled. Or, I'll take the cables for the relocated Logicon mod. Also, the rear tonneau cover is fucked up now (It's caked with shillac from my upholstery)

If you wanna work something out, I'm game. Especially if all you want is a pile of parts.

This other one is stunning then. It's completely stock, purrs like a kitten and it's blood red, with the factory 6 point 14" wheels.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Buy it and sell me the other one for 500...

Ok. We'll need to redo the dash that I blatantly rewired and recabled. Or, I'll take the cables for the relocated Logicon mod. Also, the rear tonneau cover is fucked up now (It's caked with shillac from my upholstery)

If you wanna work something out, I'm game. Especially if all you want is a pile of parts.

... I really do.

Let me look into making some garage space and I will keep this on the front of my mind.

Quoted post[/post]]
gonna get it :)

I'll get it if it's the right thing. I've got the original down to it's paintable shell, and the original lacks rust. I'll give this thing a REAL circumnavigation, now that I know the problem spots. If it's rusty under the plastics then I may reconsider...
... or offer $400.

Ninja: Where are you anyway ? Are you remotely close to me ? Are you aware that it's in a million pieces (Catalogued and bagged pieces, granted) ? It has a rough idle sometimes, and once it was so rough it didn't hold an idle. The frontfenders are shot, but I have one new one awaiting it's paint. Rear bearings may be bad, the hydraulic systems need flushed and bled, the front end needs a major alignment and it runs really rich (With no CEL). Like I said earlier, the car has been hit on every side, but repaired (The quarters are new and welded into place pretty well - the front was off a hair, drivers side pushed in to the hood just a fraction of an inch)

The back seat has a cigarette burn in it (No wait.. I took the cover off.. hmmm). I haven't made any permanent changes yet.

I'm in Connecticut. PM me if you need to.

I'm a bit crazy, so that distance isn't too bad for me. I have tons of documentation and a title that I've never signed. If you can arrange a car trailer, then I See a 2 day (each way) trip. I've made it before.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm a bit crazy, so that distance isn't too bad for me. I have tons of documentation and a title that I've never signed. If you can arrange a car trailer, then I See a 2 day (each way) trip. I've made it before.
2 DAYS??? what are you slow?

Ill be there in ten min. :laugh:

seriously though let me get the pulsar back on the road and clear some space.

Back