the RS is gone.... what to do with the money

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, there's some 6% online accounts. hell, paypal is over 5% and i do keep a small balance in there.

i don't believe in savings accounts any more.

even at 5%, you're barely keeping up with inflation.

I opened it with 500 bucks years ago, and its compounded its way to 800 bucks over my life and pretty much just sits there.

i keep my savings tied up in investments and other non-cash things, and live paycheck to pay check for the most part after my monthly investments are purchased, whatever they may be that particular month.

should i need something, i charge it, and skip an investment that month to cover the bill.

I got tired of seeing a savings statement so I canceled my savings account.

Checking account is the only thing needed.

so I have ZERO in my savings.=)

Wish I could do that. I have to keep a minimum of 5 dollars in my savings to keep my checking account open, and a minimum of 100 in my savings with a loan out.

MUTUAL FUND FTMFW.

Pull 14% out of it. Its easy to do, look into it.

Wish I could do that. I have to keep a minimum of 5 dollars in my savings to keep my checking account open, and a minimum of 100 in my savings with a loan out.

I'm guessing you also have the option of my checking. its free if I have at least 500 in my checking account. If the monthy AVG drops below 500 then its like a 12 dollar charge or something.

I'm guessing you also have the option of my checking. its free if I have at least 500 in my checking account. If the monthy AVG drops below 500 then its like a 12 dollar charge or something.

hmm? Nah it's just a simple checking account through a credit union. No minimum for my checking account. Hell. I've had it down to 15 cents before. Being broke sucks, I'd be exstatic if I had 800 sittin in my savings like B.

its not too late to lock 5K away in a ROTH ira
IRA FTW but that's not a good option for a use the money in the next 20 years kind of savings account.

The goal is to put any extra money you have every month into an account that makes the best return for you, but still have the option to touch that money if need be.

My checking account has enough in it to pay my bills at the end of the month, anything else goes into another account where it either sits making 4+% or I invest it and hope to make more.

I always have at least a 1000 in a back up account. JUST IN CASE.

You never know when you need that extra scratch. I've used the account so many times in the past two years, and re filled it in a couple months. It's always worth it.

1000 bucks isn't even enough though for me to cover much of my bills.

i generally keep around $1000 cash in my safe.

never know when one of your boys is going to need a 3am bail out, and ATM's only give $300 bucks. lol

i'm already doing that :D

there's a crazy auction on ebay right now. its up to 44,000 last i looked at it. but its literally 100,000 easy sold seperatly.

Back