thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i will never buy a Hyundai, my mom baught a new santa-fe in 08 and its junk, the crome plating on the handles is peeling off, the clearcoat on the rear quarter panel is chipping off badly, its been back to she shop several times for the check engine light and the tire pressure sensors.. and its only got around 20k.. and the warrenty will not cover the paint and door handles chipping, the quality is low

i will never buy a Hyundai, my mom baught a new santa-fe in 08 and its junk, the crome plating on the handles is peeling off, the clearcoat on the rear quarter panel is chipping off badly, its been back to she shop several times for the check engine light and the tire pressure sensors.. and its only got around 20k.. and the warrenty will not cover the paint and door handles chipping, the quality is low

That's the Santa Fe, you can hardly call the Genesis a Hyundai. It's their flagship model, I don't see them half-assing it like the Santa Fe.

i will never buy a Hyundai, my mom baught a new santa-fe in 08 and its junk

Compared to her other options for the same price, the Santa Fe's quality is top of the line.

the crome plating on the handles is peeling off, the clearcoat on the rear quarter panel is chipping off badly, its been back to she shop several times for the check engine light and the tire pressure sensors..

This happens when kids drive the family car... wont matter what brand it is.

noone drives her car but her and my stepdad, both are in there 40's, and i agree it was cheap, but you get what you pay for

That's the Santa Fe, you can hardly call the Genesis a Hyundai. It's their flagship model, I don't see them half-assing it like the Santa Fe.
so i guess when i buy a brand new civic i better get the si model, because they use cheaper paint/clearcoat on the cheaper versions... thats what your saying?

so i guess when i buy a brand new civic i better get the si model, because they use cheaper paint/clearcoat on the cheaper versions... thats what your saying?

Civics are no longer cheap =(

You seem to be missing the point that Hyundai Genesis is an upper end car for Hyundai, if they were smart they would have pulled a honda or toyota and named it a different name like Lexus/Acura to trick the stupid people.

GM is very good at doing that btw.

If you get bored check out some of the reviews for the santa fe, you might be surprised at just how well rated it is.

i'd buy a santa fe over a crv any day. but that's neither here nor there.

the paint is warrantied for 3 yrs 36k. if a defect should happen, it should happen in that time frame.

well, it has under 36k and its an 08, they told her it looked like its been repainted, but it couldnt have been they baught it brand new. and its very well takin care of... its just my opinion i dont like the brand, alot of there cars just look cheap, kind of like a cheap copy of something. but i do agree there quality has risin with time. ive just seen alot of them crap out and fall apart with low milage

sounds like you need to find a new dealership, or need to call hyundai usa and tell them whats up.

thats the problem with people, they wont pursue anything.
the dealers love people like that, they say no, and you accept it.

fuck that.

you keep pushing and talk to people until they fix their shit.
its a car company, they will try to get out of anything.

push it. they will fix it.

last week we took my girlfriends 08 mazda 3 to Action Nissan Body Shop to get damage fixed where a tree fell on it. went to nissan bc they were "blue ribbon certified", insurance bullshit. i didnt want to go there but the girl made the agreements and plans before i could tell her no.
so we too it in on wed, they said it would be done on fri. we said we would pick it up on mon since we would be out of town.
it gets done on wed. we go look at it. its shitty, theres trash everywhere, they didnt clean up the door jambs where the tape was and there was a run under the taillight.
i refused to even touch the car.
they fixed it. but, on the top of the hatch, theres two spots that looks like shit
"thats unrelated to the tree damage, those were rock chips that were there already." they said.
i told them that was bullshit, they painted there they should have taken the 5 min to feather that area out and make it look right. why would you just paint over something that was already there and make the whole thing look like shit.

its getting fixed the next time she can go a couple of days with out a car.

push it to whoever will listen, and push it to those who wont, it will be fixed.

/rant. lol

sounds like you need to find a new dealership, or need to call hyundai usa and tell them whats up.
shes waiting for the lemon law, if a car goes back more than 5 times within 3 years of the warranty then they pay it off and take it back.. its got 1 more visit

shes waiting for the lemon law, if a car goes back more than 5 times within 3 years of the warranty then they pay it off and take it back.. its got 1 more visit

I believe it only works if its for the same issue and the dealership can't fix the problem, after x many attempts to fix a problem they can't fix, they'll take it back.

yeah, the tire pressure sensor has messed up 4 times already, the check engine light a couple times, the chipped/peeling clearcoat it seems like a few things at once

My buddy drives are Sana Fe and he said it was one of the best cars/SUV's he has ever driven.....and this is a guy who can drive anything....Lexus, Porshe, Mercedes.....but he choose a Santa Fe...go figure....

my cousin has a santa fe and she loves it... it has been excellent for her... 0 issues

i don't eat gov't cheese.
i don't drive gov't cars.

it's that simple.

fuck GM, and anything else owned wholey or in part by the gov't.

News flash. Hyundai almost went under in 1997 and was bailed out by their government, and is still government owned. So fuck the usa having their hands in our auto manufacturers! Buy from the south korean government instead! :shrug2:

;)

Back