thinking about trading down...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You want low viscosity blinker fluid. It blinks faster.

They no doubt work out deals with that brand as they're makin millions of cars a year and they can't sell them dry. It makes business sense for both companies. I try different brands just to find what I like or if I notice anything at all. Camaro always got full synthetic M1. Im on Royal Purple for the Si. Bike gets AMSOIL next.

My problem is not with it telling you the spec of the fluid (5w-30, synthetic only, dexron 3, high viscosity blinker fluid) my problem is when they tell you to use a specific brand name. My work truck (Ford F250) says right on the gas cap to use BP gas. What the everloving fuck is wrong with car companies that they think they can tell us which brand to use. Shit like that pisses me off.

You can use anything you want, Mercedes and Mobil 1 is like white on rice lol.
What do you do for motorcycles? most every motorcycle will list in the manual a brand tire to use..... I believe cars might even do the same, I need to look in my car manual.

2555782069_060be68200.jpg

Mobil had a nice magazine and I believe tv ad listing all the various performance cars and supercars that recommended their oil. It was quite an impressive list. I think Q is trying to take them on though.

I use mobile 1 in my 1000rr. Made an amazing difference over oem honda oil. Night and Day.

I use mobile 1 in my 1000rr. Made an amazing difference over oem honda oil. Night and Day.

clutch feel or motor temps?

I've seen mixed reviews on mobil 1 in motorcycles due to some of the additives, some people swear by it others say they put it in and had to do an oil change a few miles later due to clutch slipping.

I run GN4 in my GSX-R1000 there's a local dealership about 5 minutes that sales it for under 5 bucks a quart.

However, I like the idea of running Mobil 1, i've just been iffy on making the jump.

and this story from Arpil 12th, shows that the intentions from the get go were to run a worked Hyundai engine in the car...

ENGINE AND TURBO KIT

The Hyundai Lambda 3.8-liter V6 engine, which comes standard on the Genesis Coupe 3.8, will be stroked to 4.1-liters and further enhanced by a Turbonetics turbocharger. An AEM engine management system will also be used. The engine will be mated to a HKS sequential transmission. The end result is a Genesis Coupe that will produce 550 horsepower and 520 lb.-ft. of torque.

Red Bull Racer: A closer look at Rhys Millen's Hyundai Genesis Coupe

hell even in that first story linked from April 15th they said

Which brings us back to the present. After we got the anonymous tip about the non-Lambda engine, we contacted Hyundai who put us in touch with Millen. Millen told us that when it became obvious to the RMR crew that the new Lambda V6 wouldn't be ready in time, they opted for Plan B. Instead of delaying the launch of the car, the decision was made to proceed with a different engine until the Lambda was ready. The closest thing they could find in terms of size was a Nissan VQ35.

According to Millen, he made the decision not to inform Hyundai of the change and he takes full responsibility. Millen said that the crew is working full speed to get the Lambda engine ready and expects to have it in the car within the next two to three events. That means it should be racing by either the New Jersey event on June 6 or the Las Vegas round on July 10.

RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe starts Formula D season with Nissan power

which lumps this entire "story" into the :gives: category

lol. So this is just encouraging kids to "build up the d16 until they can afford a b18c" Nice.

clutch feel or motor temps?

I've seen mixed reviews on mobil 1 in motorcycles due to some of the additives, some people swear by it others say they put it in and had to do an oil change a few miles later due to clutch slipping.

I run GN4 in my GSX-R1000 there's a local dealership about 5 minutes that sales it for under 5 bucks a quart.

However, I like the idea of running Mobil 1, i've just been iffy on making the jump.

Clutch feel / shifting is greatly improved. Engine feels a little smoother too, but that is probably in my head. Engine temps are roughly the same. If I lost a degree or two I didn't notice, but it certainly wasn't significant.

Anybody catch the June Issue of Car and Driver. Had a nice comparo between the 3.8 Genesis and the V6 Camaro... Camaro took home the big W. It was a close one though.

i don't eat gov't cheese.
i don't drive gov't cars.

it's that simple.

fuck GM, and anything else owned wholey or in part by the gov't.

Back