Ugh...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 11:40 AM
BUt we did have something in common, thats all i was getting at. :)

i bet hitler took a good healthy shit each morning, i do the same, does that make me like hitler?
:)

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 12 2004, 12:26 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@May 12 2004, 09:14 PM
complicity
@May 12 2004, 11:40 AM

i bet hitler took a good healthy shit each morning, i do the same, does that make me like hitler?

:ph34r: Nazi.

HAHAHAHAHA that good ish :D

shoot, who's the one in germany?? :roll:
:ph34r:

I'm glad you guys blew right past my point into the first thing that you could find "wrong" ... ugh. So much for any point of debatable conversation.

Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 12:26 PM
I'm glad you guys blew right past my point into the first thing that you could find "wrong" ... ugh. So much for any point of debatable conversation.

i think you took my statement as a joke and didn't look at as the metaphore it truely was...
to say that we locked up a group of people based on race makes us similar to hitler is bogus becuase not even he was the first to do that, many other nations all throughout history have done this too.

Originally posted by B16+May 12 2004, 09:26 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 12 2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by B16@May 12 2004, 09:14 PM
complicity
@May 12 2004, 11:40 AM

:ph34r: Nazi.

HAHAHAHAHA that good ish :D

shoot, who's the one in germany?? :roll:
:ph34r:

:hide: :imgone:

Originally posted by B16+May 12 2004, 03:31 PM-->
complicity
@May 12 2004, 12:26 PM

i think you took my statement as a joke and didn't look at as the metaphore it truely was...
to say that we locked up a group of people based on race makes us similar to hitler is bogus becuase not even he was the first to do that, many other nations all throughout history have done this too.

i understand that but we weren't talking about any other countries, here. so what's your point?

Originally posted by complicity+May 12 2004, 12:43 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@May 12 2004, 03:31 PM
complicity

i understand that but we weren't talking about any other countries, here. so what's your point?

and why were you talking about hitler? i thought this was about iraq, no?

Originally posted by B16+May 12 2004, 03:45 PM-->
Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 12:43 PM
complicity

Frankie P. mentioned it so i took it and ran with it.

Originally posted by complicity+May 12 2004, 12:47 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@May 12 2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 12:43 PM
complicity

Frankie P. mentioned it so i took it and ran with it.

i rest my case :)

Something very interesting has happened here.. Pay attention, this may confuse you...

All of you liberal knot-heads who have mustered up the brain power to come forth with witty, un-researched "MTVisms" and said "America shouldn't attack Iraq, because Iraq was not directly involved in the events of US soil of 9/11/01" have come forth in this post to say..

"Fuck those Iraqis".

And I find this humorous because they were Jordanians only located in Iraq, and the murderer proven to be Jordanian.

Making you guilty of the same "Crime of identification" that you blasted the government for.

-> Steve

Fuck Jordan. And Syria while you're at it.

Also, I got an ad at the bottom of this page, content based to both "Date Catholic Women" And "Buy great Posters!" So even the marketting A.I. is on the right track.

Originally posted by Celerity@May 12 2004, 10:02 PM

Fuck Jordan. And Syria while you're at it.

I said that about a year and a half ago in this very forum. But some were also Sudai(sp)

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 12 2004, 03:52 PM
So it is my fault? Well let me fix it, fuck the Dune Coons. Better?

What the hell?

Did I even say it was your fault? All I did was answer a question. Oh well, I'm over it. :) :roll:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 12 2004, 03:04 PM-->
@May 12 2004, 10:02 PM

Fuck Jordan.  And Syria while you're at it.

I said that about a year and a half ago in this very forum. But some were also Sudai(sp)

Add Saudi Arabi and North Korea and you have a list of countries that are (IMO) much more dangerous to the US than Iraq was but I digress.

EDIT-- forgot the North part

Originally posted by lsvtec@May 12 2004, 03:43 PM
Add Saudi Arabi and North Korea and you have a list of countries that are (IMO) much more dangerous to the US than Iraq was but I digress.

:werd: :concur:

Iraq was dangerous to itself (its people), and possibly to neighboring countries. Definitely not to the US.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 12 2004, 02:35 PM-->
complicity
Now do you want to say that we weren't like Hitler?

Yes.

We may have had one policy that was similar to Hitler's, but we didn't invade countries for the sole purpose of imperialism. We didn't decimate 7 million people because of their religious beliefs.

Generalizations such as the one you just made can be extremely dangerous.

No imperialism? then how would you explain the debacle in the philipines?

Our country was invaded it was called 9/11, remember that? As for the media not liking Kerry, give me a good news station that talks shit about Kerry. Not that stupid link, give me something more influential like CNN. They have shows and the lke up there that are conservative, but for the most part the media is liberal. Wouldn't you think if we were brainwashed we would have the same opinion, and not debating right now, c'mon now. Also when did I state that I was better than any Iraqi or Muslim, I am better than the fucking bastards that did that awful act to that poor man.

NONE of the major news stations are good, and that was my point. What you obviously want is a news station to run only bad news about kerry, which isnt going to happen (they need to cater to as many people as possible). All major news stations have covered kerry's mishaps though like his saying that foreign leaders back his campaign and refusing to ellaborate. Why dont you give me some specific empiracal data to prove your point? Until you do it is just your opinion and will be regarded as such. But if its conservative news you are looking for FOX news channel is where you will find it.

And the point of that was? An article accounting that the prisoners killed or assualted were participating in attacks, escapes, riots, and an accidently death or two aside (which both resulted in the discharge and or jailing of the offenders), where's the argument, thanks for proving my point

Did you just skip over the use of excessive force part? do you really think that throwing rocks at a person is a justified reason to shoot them? The point was if something like an atrocity (the beheading) is enough to justify seeing another atrocity (the prisoner abuse) then another atrocity (killing a civilian for throwing rocks) should balnce you out.

I mean really, we aren't talking about county lock up here kids. These are prisoners of WAR, suspected TERRORIST, and other criminals that have been "detained" (haha I love that phrase) in a hostile enviroment.

regardless of what you may think of their prior status when you take prisoners in their wellbeing becomes your responsibility. These are rules that we as a nation have willingly agreed to.

You forgot gun control, censorship, and oh yea, the big one GENOCIDE, hello. Please don't confuse matters that at the time were for "National Security" (as misguided as they were) with the attempted elimination of a race.

Hitler supposedly did what did for issues of national security as well. http://www4.stormfront.org/posterity/ns/25pts.html

Now come on, it's common knowledge that we haven't committed genocide, I know we're not in the same LEAGUE as HItler, that wasn't what I was trying to convey

We havn't committed genocide? Manifest destiny. Colonials (and later americans) systematically slaughtered an entire continent full of Native Americans. As to hitlers experimentation on humans, look at our own involvement with the tuskegee airmen and attempts at eugenics. We all have skeletons in our closet.

Well you made it seem like we are just as bad as Hitler, all of this was still for protection, maybe we should have done the same thing to Middle Eastern people and 9/11 wouldn't have happend. I am not serious about that, but you get my drift. Speaking of WWII why is it that nobody cared when we went to war against the Japanese, because they bombed us right? Well we went to war with the people that attaked us, the best way we could, we all know it is almost impossible to fight terrorists, so we went after the country that most likely funded them, sounds like the right move to me. All that happend is Clinton pussified the U.S. and now we have a leader with balls and everyone is scared.

1. given that we later found no connections at all to saddam and al queda that means that the death of every iraqi and american is on the head of the members of our current regime. Our criminal justice system tells us that to sentence a person to capital punishment we need to have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty. Why is it that it requires less evidence and investigation to start a war than to sentence a person to death?
2. Clinton did NOT pussify the American military at all. here are some stats for you
1986 defense budget (reagan admin during the cold war, adjusted for inflation) 273 billion
1996 defence budget (clinton admin, no cold war, adjusted for inflation) 266 Billion.
Not a whole lot of difference is there, especially considering we were no longer in the cold war. In fact when Bush went into afganistan he was using clinton's military (his budget did not go through until oct 2002). He used the "pussified" military and conquered in a few weeks what the soviets and british were not able to do. Refering to the war in afganistan Lawrence Korb (asst secretary of defence for the Reagan admin and director of national security studies at the council of foreign relations) says " the military forces that executed that plan so boldly and bravely were for the most part recruited, trained, and equipped by the Clinton administration... The fact of the matter is that most of the credit for the successful military operation should go to the Clinton administration". Not too bad for coming from a member of a conservative administration is it?

We are the best Nation in the world, if you have a problem with our violent behavior move to France or Canada.

You are definitly wrong here. The actions of our current "violent" america are not of the will of informed americans. Those who condone such behavior are influenced by the propaganda and outright lies of our current regime. Moving to france or canada will not solve the problem because if the current administration and its ilk retain control literally the world is at stake. The thing that makes the US one of the better countries in the world is our ability to change without the necessity of revolutions. To think of America as being any static thing is to do a disservice to the intent of the writters of the constitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back