Want someone to punch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
M-60_Small_1_-125x104.jpg

Mess's Fireworks - Firecrackers
these are not tiny. and they are super cheap. $2.99 for 12 of them.

I know it's impossible to regulate fireworks. we decided to let the indians do whatever they want because we fucked them long ago. but something needs to be done in the first place.

no this kid doesn't need to be shot. yes, he does need some punishment.

M-60_Small_1_-125x104.jpg

Mess's Fireworks - Firecrackers
these are not tiny. and they are super cheap. $2.99 for 12 of them.

I know it's impossible to regulate fireworks. we decided to let the indians do whatever they want because we fucked them long ago. but something needs to be done in the first place.

no this kid doesn't need to be shot. yes, he does need some punishment.

ive had those before... those things are a LITTLE more powerful than a standard black cat fire cracker
those are not at all even remotely close to a real M80

there is no way in hell one of those is going to take off a finger unless she had it clenched in her fist (and even then its not guaranteed)

If anything, what celerity is saying, should move ppl towards more strict gun and firearms laws and regulations. had this of happened to one of his friends then instead of one person being injured, you would have maybe 2, 3, or even more wounded or dead. All of the people around that area during the show, i can almost gaurantee that at least 1 child would have been hit had people started shooting.

most likely some guy just fucked up and threw it in the wrong direction, or threw it too hard or not hard enough. Roisin was just unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught the shit end of the stick.

But if it turns out that the guy did it on purpose, for any reason, then he deserves proper punishment for it. Whether he knew it would do this amount of damage or not. Maybe he'll realize that the courts arent going to take it easy on him if he dont turn himself in.

im not saying what it was... all im saying is that from my experience if it did that kind of damage it is HIGHLY unlikely that it was one of those

If anything, what celerity is saying, should move ppl towards more strict gun and firearms laws and regulations. had this of happened to one of his friends then instead of one person being injured, you would have maybe 2, 3, or even more wounded or dead. All of the people around that area during the show, i can almost gaurantee that at least 1 child would have been hit had people started shooting.

most likely some guy just fucked up and threw it in the wrong direction, or threw it too hard or not hard enough. Roisin was just unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and caught the shit end of the stick.

But if it turns out that the guy did it on purpose, for any reason, then he deserves proper punishment for it. Whether he knew it would do this amount of damage or not. Maybe he'll realize that the courts arent going to take it easy on him if he dont turn himself in.

Thanks for thinking of me in a good, liberal light. But that's not at all what I'm saying. It's the opposite of what I'm saying :)

I think that gun laws should be repealed because they don't work. Crime isn't going down. Crime in areas of complete bans is still up. Making a law against gun ownership stops criminals as much as making a law that stops crime. You see where it's heading ? Gun laws only affect the law abiding citizens that own them and use them responsibly.

In a crowd, would I shoot someone that threw an explosive at someone else ? Yes. Life is being endangered, more lives could be endangered, and I am fully protected by current standing federal regulations on gun use. I would go to jail for a while, but I would ultimately be aquitted, as if I had defended someone against a knife wielding or gun wielding person. Even better, they "fired first".

Would a child be injured ? No. Because as a licenced person, I "would also be a trained person" (Emphasis added and important, don't bend my words). There is WAY more of a chance of a child being hurt by hooligans throwing explosives around.

As far as intent, it's clear. He INTENDED to harm. He lit the explosive and with lethal intent, threw it onto a crowd or near a crowd. It is the SAME THING if I pulled out a pistol and starting shooting the ground, and someone got hit. Full penalty of the law.

There is no "I mistakenly lit the fuse and threw it" defense. Intent is clear. Reaction is clear.

My feelings on gun control is not "regulation" (as you people phrase it) it is "open and public use". I believe that firearms should be available to everyone over the age of 14, with extensive psychological and tactical use. Perhaps even a young military program such as Israel employs.

-> Steve

Also, "A well regulated militia" means "A militia that is kept in working and ready order". Regulated, in old english terms, means "Working and ready". Look at those old clocks that say "REGULATOR" across them. It does NOT mean "Choked with regulations and laws". Our constitution provides for this, and like it or not, it's the law of the land.

Thanks for thinking of me in a good, liberal light. But that's not at all what I'm saying. It's the opposite of what I'm saying :)

You entirely missed what he was saying, so you could feed your own ignorance on the topic.

He was saying that you displayed the principles of exactly why we need more stringent regulations on firearms. This is along the same lines of what I told you about picking and choosing your pro-gun arguments, because frankly you pick ones that shed a negative light on your argument and don't work in your favor.

Basically, you're picking the wrong battles but your logic is so twisted that you think it supports your argument.

Take the situation that I gave you, for example. If I was carrying a gun and you shot my buddy for throwing a firework, I would shoot you. See how we just escalated the level of violence? This is how I would have handled the situation personally, so don't use the argument that "people would not act that way", because I'm flat out telling you if you shot a friend of mine, you'd be dead as well.

Also, there's a problem when I agree with Blanco and E in the same thread.

E reiterated what I said about a M60 not being capable of doing damage like this in a normal situation.

Blanco reiterated the fact that you're acting irrational and that the act does not warrant death.

You entirely missed what he was saying, so you could feed your own ignorance on the topic.

"Celerity is right, he is black"

"I didn't say I was Black. I'm White."

"Dude, you totally miss the point here. You said you were white so you could feed your own ignorance about not actually being black"

Dude, you are the funniest fuck on this forum. Seriously.

"Celerity is right, he is black"

"I didn't say I was Black. I'm White."

"Dude, you totally miss the point here. You said you were white so you could feed your own ignorance about not actually being black"

Dude, you are the funniest fuck on this forum. Seriously.

Steve, everyone else seems to understand for once, yet you're still on the other side of the fence not making sense.

You acted as though he twisted your words, yet he meant you were the very reason why your argument has no water, and then you go and twist my words.

If I were in that crowd, with a firearm, and saw this kid throw an explosive at a group of people and it blew some girls hand apart, I would draw my weapon and perform a citizens arrest on the perpetrator. My first reaction would not be to shoot him, however, If, after I drew down on him and gave him a verbal warning to lay down on the ground, he continued throwing explosives (especially at me or others) I would shoot to kill. Regardless of whether his buddy is armed or if he is in a gang of 10 armed thugs, I would shoot to kill.
You people have this attitude like: "Why should I be proactive in public protection? If it doesn't affect me directly, why should I give a fuck or try to help?" It makes me sick. The reason that this idiot threw the explosives into a crowd in the first place was because he KNEW that there would be no consequences for his actions. He KNEW that all the yuppie pansies would just stand around and let it happen. He KNEW that Americans are gutless, selfish faggots, and that there was zero chance of retaliation from a bystander.
If he thought that there was a serious risk of getting shot dead for that action, he would not have done it. Criminals should have a healthy fear and respect for an armed populace, not the other way around.

O, and your arguments about escalating violence are laughable. "Well a criminal might hurt me if I try to stop him, so I'll just let him get away with it so no one gets hurt"
Fucktards, innocent people WERE getting hurt. The passive mindset of America today is the number one reason that these crimes happen. Criminals KNOW you won't stop them, that's why they do it.

If I were in that crowd, with a firearm, and saw this kid throw an explosive at a group of people and it blew some girls hand apart, I would draw my weapon and perform a citizens arrest on the perpetrator. My first reaction would not be to shoot him, however, If, after I drew down on him and gave him a verbal warning to lay down on the ground, he continued throwing explosives (especially at me or others) I would shoot to kill. Regardless of whether his buddy is armed or if he is in a gang of 10 armed thugs, I would shoot to kill.
You people have this attitude like: "Why should I be proactive in public protection? If it doesn't affect me directly, why should I give a fuck or try to help?" It makes me sick. The reason that this idiot threw the explosives into a crowd in the first place was because he KNEW that there would be no consequences for his actions. He KNEW that all the yuppie pansies would just stand around and let it happen. He KNEW that Americans are gutless, selfish faggots, and that there was zero chance of retaliation from a bystander.
If he thought that there was a serious risk of getting shot dead for that action, he would not have done it. Criminals should have a healthy fear and respect for an armed populace, not the other way around.

O, and your arguments about escalating violence are laughable. "Well a criminal might hurt me if I try to stop him, so I'll just let him get away with it so no one gets hurt"
Fucktards, innocent people WERE getting hurt. The passive mindset of America today is the number one reason that these crimes happen. Criminals KNOW you won't stop them, that's why they do it.
i'm not a "yuppy pansie" by any means. I just know history. how many times has vigilante justice backfired? how many times has someone tried doing the right thing been fucked over by our courts? times have changed. no longer doing the right thing is what is best. the right thing to do is call the cops and let them handle it.

i have my ccw permit and i would never pull my gun unless i felt MY life or that of a family member was directly threatened.

unfortunately I wasn't born 200 years ago when you could be out in the desert with a six shooter capping retards, gambling, drinking and banging hookers. I would like to be able to fire when willing. but you can't do that anymore.

stricter gun control means less deaths. its proven.
1998 there were 373 people killed in germany by handguns. 151 in canada, 57 in australia. compare that to americas 11,789.
yeah more laws means that smart people with common sense will have a harder time getting one, if they can get one at all, but a truley smart person will realize that by giving up small freedoms they can truly make their homes safer.

We have so much crime because we have so many freedoms.

you give idiots freedoms then they'll do stupid things.
give them guns, and they'll kill people that dont deserve it.

Last edited:
i'm not a "yuppy pansie" by any means. I just know history. how many times has vigilante justice backfired? how many times has someone tried doing the right thing been fucked over by our courts? times have changed. no longer doing the right thing is what is best. the right thing to do is call the cops and let them handle it.

i have my ccw permit and i would never pull my gun unless i felt MY life or that of a family member was directly threatened.

unfortunately I wasn't born 200 years ago when you could be out in the desert with a six shooter capping retards, gambling, drinking and banging hookers. I would like to be able to fire when willing. but you can't do that anymore.

That's exactly what I mean. You have reasons for having that attitude, but that attitude is still part of the problem.

stricter gun control means less deaths. its proven.
Bullshit. Post statistics and sources, and I could find statistics and sources that are polar opposite. Research like this is funded by special interest groups trying to promote their agenda. Be careful which "research" you buy into and examine closely who is doing the actual research.
1998 there were 373 people killed in germany by handguns. 151 in canada, 57 in australia. compare that to americas 11,789.
Common sense much? Countries with much smaller populations have a drastically smaller amount of handgun deaths? No shit sherlock. How about a per capita comparison, or actually stating your source of this worthless statistic.
So many other factors besides legislation come into play when comparing death tolls between different countries with different cultures. America has a notoriously violent popular culture among many other factors.
Did you know that per capita, Canadians own more guns than Americans? Yet their rate of violent gun crime is a fraction of Americas. Using your logic that would prove that guns prevent crime. Do you see how these type of statistics and factiods can be worded and skewed to advance just about anyones point of view?
yeah more laws means that smart people with common sense will have a harder time getting one, if they can get one at all, but a truley smart person will realize that by giving up small freedoms they can truly make their homes safer.
No, more laws means that only people who obey laws in the first place will have a harder time getting guns. A truly smart person will realize that laws don't prevent crime. And the trading of personal freedoms for a fake sense of security will only escalate into the complete destruction of democracy. Get out of my country, you communist left wing dingbat.
We have so much crime because we have so many freedoms.

you give idiots freedoms then they'll do stupid things.
give them guns, and they'll kill people that dont deserve it.

Superb! Let's eliminate all crime by taking away all of our freedom! You're an idiot, don't clutter up this site with your nonsense. It's cliche but true, freedom isn't free. The freedom to drive a car means you must live with the risk of being killed by an automobile, yet I don't hear you clamoring for stricter legislation on vehicle ownership. With freedom comes responsibility, so if you'd rather not have the freedoms this county provides since you can't handle the responsibilty they entail, then go somewhere else. Don't try to erode the foundations of our country just because you dont want to deal with the burdens they create.

Bah, no more politics, IBTL

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

heres one. all are the same. every site that i looked at.

klyph, have you ever found yourself to be at the wrong end of a gun? i mean honostly, ever had a real near death experience that included a gun being shoved in your face?

Last edited:
First, you live in Alaska. What do you honestly think you know about the gun violence problem in places like California and New Jersey?

Next, the first point is, and I'll make this both bold and all caps, DON'T FIRE A WEAPON INTO A FUCKING CROWD. It's difficult for some people to understand, I don't know why, but it is. The second point is that you can not kill someone in the state of California for throwing fireworks, even illegal ones. The third point is the heavy gang presence and violence in the Bay Area.

Anyone who'd fire into a crowd because they're scared of fireworks, if a fucking pussy. Period. Point blank. You aren't shit without a weapon in your hand. Now get the fuck out of my topic.

x2

First, you live in Alaska. What do you honestly think you know about the gun violence problem in places like California and New Jersey?
StateMaster - Statistics > Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 by state
Let me ask you the same question, what the fuck do you know about Alaska?
Next, the first point is, and I'll make this both bold and all caps, DON'T FIRE A WEAPON INTO A FUCKING CROWD. It's difficult for some people to understand, I don't know why, but it is. The second point is that you can not kill someone in the state of California for throwing fireworks, even illegal ones. The third point is the heavy gang presence and violence in the Bay Area.

Anyone who'd fire into a crowd because they're scared of fireworks, if a fucking pussy. Period. Point blank. You aren't shit without a weapon in your hand. Now get the fuck out of my topic.
Never advocated firing "into a crowd" you're putting words in my mouth. Use the quote feature if you wish to argue something that I actually said.

FIREARMS TUTORIAL

heres one. all are the same. every site that i looked at.

klyph, have you ever found yourself to be at the wrong end of a gun? i mean honostly, ever had a real near death experience that included a gun being shoved in your face?

Yes, besides being raised around firearms, I have been in a situation where me, my brother and a friend were assaulted by a local gang of "Afican-Americans" (roughly 10-15 of them) several of whom were armed and pointing guns at us, my friend stepped forward in an effort to diffuse the situation, and they broke his jaw. My brother got punched out pretty good, but managed to escape with only lumps and bruises. I was punched in the face/head a few times, but they got tired of that and two of them threw me to the ground where my head struck a large rock and I was knocked unconscious (I still have the scar at the top of my forehead and a loose chunk of skull under my skin if you ever want to see it). I think after I was knocked out and bleeding all over, they thought I might be dead, so they left in a hurry.

Long story short, to answer your question yes, I have had guns pointed in my face.

Here's a quote from the link you posted:

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act passed in 1994 in the U.S. established a nationwide requirement that licensed firearms dealers observe a waiting period and initiate a background check for handgun sales (but the law does not apply to secondary markets). So far, this law has not been associated with overall reductions in homicide rate or suicide rate.

Did you even read that article? Did you happen to notice it speaks contrary to your belief that more gun laws and higher levels of restriction have a positive impact on gun crime?

Those m60's look pretty large and powerful, but if you take it apart, there are two plastic caps and a hollow cardboard outer casing. They are mostly hollow. And yeah, they are maybe the power of a pair of standard blackcats. Not much more than that.

They are waterproof, though.. Which makes them pretty fun.

Those m60's look pretty large and powerful, but if you take it apart, there are two plastic caps and a hollow cardboard outer casing. They are mostly hollow. And yeah, they are maybe the power of a pair of standard blackcats. Not much more than that.

They are waterproof, though.. Which makes them pretty fun.

:werd:

There are fireworks that sometimes look like an m60 (but larger) called blockbusters. Those are illegal as hell, and could easily blow your hand clean off.. Could have been one of those.

yea, all the cool explosives have been made illegal, but if you have half a brain you can eliminate all the hollow area in the M60 and replace it with explosive goodness
you can fit the guts of 3 m60's into once casing

then it makes a decent boom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back