Weight reduction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you can gutt it and do the dynomat thing but that gets kinda expensive but still wont be much of a difference

you can gutt it and do the dynomat thing but that gets kinda expensive but still wont be much of a difference

Well i would only want to dynamat the rear strut towers back since most of the noise comes from there, then the doors, other than that shes pretty sound. Despite my oil pressure gauge pod, all i hear is the vavles through it.:eek:

Doesn't adding a bunch of Dynomat kind of defeat the purpose of stripping the interior out to begin with?

Trunk lid thing that goes behind the back seat = 7 Lbs

Door panel = 9 Lbs x 2

Arms rest console = 5 Lbs

Side panel that goes from doors to trunk = 5 lbs x 2

Floor and trunk mats = 10 lbs

Back seat = 27 lbs

Spare = 20 Lbs

plastic panel that covers taillights from inside of trunk = 3 lbs

spare cover the wooden thing = 9 lbs

Glove box crap = 5 lbs

Total = 114 lbs

1992-2001 Honda Prelude Weight Reductions

random weights of parts. some prelude. good for approximations

my list off the top of my head (for a DD):
AC - pump, lines, condensor, all of it
sound dampening material - the rubber junk sprayed on the inside of the cabin floor and firewall.
light weight racing seats
harnesses instead of seatbelts with spools
remove airbags (get harnesses atleast!)
emissions equipment
spare tire - jack, etc
lightweight flywheel
if you have PS, a PS/ALT crank pully, otherwise just an N1 (alt only) pully
carbon-fiber fenders/hood
straight pipe instead of cat (lb or 2)
carbon weave shift boot instead of leather (few grams) (ie, integra type-r from the factory)
remove abs system and install non abs components
windshield visors can be removed
windshield washer fluid resivior and pump and lines
carbon fiber mirrors
light, aftermarket steering wheel
lexan windows
fuel tank vent pipe
short ram instead of cold air
wire tuck/wires that arn't being used anymore
cds in your cd case/in the cd player
the other keys on your key ring
body fat
the clothes your wearing
the tred on your tires

^_^

to get the sound deadening stuff off get a hammer, and a chisel if that doesn't work use a torch.

heat gun and a spackeling knife. easy as that. less chance of fires and scratching and denting.

sounds feasible. i'll have to get some dry ice tho next time i do it, since i dont typically keep it on hand :)

Dang i never knew the little stuff could add up like that, i lost my truck lid thing anyway. Chiselling off the weight too, sounds hardcore.

definately shit too. that really adds up. lol for real though weight reduction does add up but you need to do a lot adding and be serious about it before you will see any real difference. That means basically everything YBLegal listed. A lot of that stuff if you do actually change it like the shift boot, taking off the visors stuff like that you will be like this won't even matter, but like everyone has said it adds up fairly quickly too. I think I have dropped almost 60 lbs outta my car so far and I haven't touched the interior yet. That was just all the trunk shit, the spare tire, the jack, and all the tools and crap I normally kept in there.

I always wondered how those wrestling guys dropped weight so quick. I swear they were switching weight classes every other week.

I always wondered how those wrestling guys dropped weight so quick. I swear they were switching weight classes every other week.

On days that I had matches and I was concerned whether or not I would make weight, I would barely eat all day, and then like 20 minutes before weigh-in I would put on some sweats and hit the stairs for a while, and then go and take a big dump, lol. Never once did I not make weight...

And then, as soon as weigh-in was over I'd pull out my big ole' lunchbox and start eating, heh heh...

shit dude that ain't worth it for me. I love food. lol I'm not big or anything but I eat a lot. lol But that shit is crazy I was friends with this one kid that normally weighed 210 and he would drop down to 180 for his weight class. I don't know what he did but he lost 30 lbs. everytime he needed to. That can't be good for your body.

shit dude that ain't worth it for me. I love food. lol I'm not big or anything but I eat a lot. lol But that shit is crazy I was friends with this one kid that normally weighed 210 and he would drop down to 180 for his weight class. I don't know what he did but he lost 30 lbs. everytime he needed to. That can't be good for your body.

Maybe he had a prosthetic arms that he detached for weigh in. I can't fathom losing 30 lbs. on a whim.

Back