Well, this sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

100 octane at every Shell station, and you guys got nothing on this place, and won't...ever. I saw a guy pay 100 euro to fill his Audi.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 19 2005, 02:38 PM-->
100 octane at every Shell station, and you guys got nothing on this place, and won't...ever. I saw a guy pay 100 euro to fill his Audi.
[post=542499]Quoted post[/post]​

E_SolSi
@Jul 17 2005, 12:48 AM
In Europe 98-octane gasoline is common and in Japan even 100-octane is readily available at the pumps, but this octane nomenclature is misleading to Americans as foreign octane ratings are derived entirely differently from our own... So, like every other measurement system it seems that everyone else uses a different scale than we do, but unlike most other instances where we have had the good sense to create different units of measure in this case we all use the same name...
Japan and Europe use a system called RON or Research Octane Number to determine the octane rating of their gasoline, while stateside we use a system called AKI or Anti-Knock Index to determine gasoline's octane rating... Interestingly, to further complicate things it would seem that our own AKI system is actually derived from the average of the RON system and another more complicated system referred to as MON or Motor Octane Number... So, to recap our methodologies for measuring gasoline's octane rating are different, but share some common elements...
So, with the commonality of RON in mind a good rule of thumb is as follows, multiply the foreign RON Octane rating by 0.95 and you will have the US AKI equivalent.

( RON Octane Rating x 0.95 = AKI Octane Rating )
98 RON Octane x 0.95 = 93.1 AKI Octane (US measure)
100 RON Octane x 0.95 = 95 AKI Octane (US measure)

So, as you can see the 93 or 94 octane fuel we are all paying an arm and a leg for is actually quite comparable to the higher octane fuels found in Europe and Japan. The people whom have to worry about low octane rating are our friends out west in places like California that are subjected to substandard 91 octane.
91 AKI Octane (US measure) = 95.5 RON Octane
[post=527418]Quoted post[/post]​

so you're 100 octane is only 95 in the US... still higher than what is redily available though :)

I paid $91 yesterday to fill my work van. Well, I got reimbursed but still, my job paid for it.

Chevron dropped their "good stuff" to 90 octane in TX.. Not sure about the rest of the world. I always ran with chevron gas because it seems superior to most other fuels. Now I fill up with exxon.. :p at least its still 93..

I'm glad bush won the election, this way there is no chance for someone else (Kerry) to come in and fix things, so Bush can come back in 2012 and re-rig an election and fux0r it all up again. :lol:
We only gotta hold out for 3 more years, and then hopefully Gary Coleman will run.
(i know i brought this post back from 2 days ago, but i feel i deserved it since i read every single post :unsure: )

He can't come back in 2012. The most any president can "serve" is 2 terms.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 21 2005, 04:10 PM
He can't come back in 2012. The most any president can "serve" is 2 terms.
[post=543169]Quoted post[/post]​

2 consecutive.

he can run again in 2012.

if the most he can serve is 2 consecutive terms, and his 2nd term will be up in 2012, then how would he be able to run again?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 22 2005, 12:13 AM
if the most he can serve is 2 consecutive terms, and his 2nd term will be up in 2012, then how would he be able to run again?
[post=543344]Quoted post[/post]​

huh? He's on his second term now... He was first elected in 2000. Then again in 04... last I checked that's two terms which end in 2008... <_<

holy shit, i agree with james! 1st time ev4r.

thankfully, hes done in 08.
so from 08 to 12, some other guys has to run...
then in 12, he can campaign again.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 08:08 AM
holy shit, i agree with james! 1st time ev4r.

thankfully, hes done in 08.
so from 08 to 12, some other guys has to run...
then in 12, he can campaign again.
[post=543404]Quoted post[/post]​

traditionally, everyone has retired after two terms and I think Bush will do so as well.

The president is elected for a 4 year term. A president may be elected twice only. If the president suffers serious injury and cannot serve or if he is impeached and removed from office, the vice president takes the place of the president and serves the remaining years. After serving the remaining years, the vice president can run for election as the incumbent. After Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected 4 times Congress passed a Constitutional amendment limiting the president’s tenure in office to two terms.

2 terms, thats it
doesnt mater if they are consecutive or not

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! those fuckers are taking advantage of us!!!!!! i cant even afford 93 oct anymore!!!! :bawling:

First, here are the relevant passages of the Constitution:

Article II, Section 1 (5th paragraph)
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

12th Amendment (last sentence)
But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

22nd Amendment (first sentence)
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.

The general consensus has always been that after you've been president twice, you're no longer eligible to be president, and therefore you're also ineligible to be the vice president. Mr. Dorf's position that Clinton could be vice president (or even president again if something were to befall Gore) relies on the literal wording of three key phrases.

* Article II says who is eligible to be president
* The 12th Amendment says anyone constitutionally ineligible to be president can not be vice president.
* The 22nd Amendment says no on can be elected president more than twice.

i wasn't aware of the 22nd ammedment being the two term only deal.
so, who knows.... bush may pull something out of his ass.....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 08:03 AM
so, who knows.... bush may pull something out of his ass.....
[post=543465]Quoted post[/post]​

Let's hope that it's his head.

Allow me to reiterate my original posts in plain, clear english.

Bush knows the Oil industry, and how to make America come out on top. It's in his best interest to do so - Which means that regardless of how evil you think he is - His evil will only serve to keep our oil on top of the world-wide game. It may not seem it now - But it will.

Secondly, Gas and oil crude barrel prices MUST pass the previous records. it MUST. It's a trend, and the trend MUST be adhered to. Gasoline will get to $3.20 before coming back down in time for winter. Then you will see gas prices at $2.40 and home heating at $2.06 - $2.14. It's rallying.

Please try to understand the markets before you cry about them. Once you learn how these things work, it will seem more comfortable to you.

Oil companies posted huge profits because they charge a percentage of sold refined gas at the pumps. Percentage - Just like any other business does. They aren't gouging anyone. Put your torches away.

If you drive an EVO, Audi, full size pickup or WRX then you need to sit the fuck down and not participate in ANY I hate Bush / Why aren't you conserving / wa wa the gas prices suck / I hate SUVs. Thank you for playing.

Anything I didn't cover ?

-> Steve

Back